1. The BeerAdvocate Store is back! Pre-order your stuff now. Items begin shipping Dec 15. Christmas deadline = Dec 18 @ 5pm EST.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Jester King 2nd Anniversary

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by miikezombie, Dec 27, 2012.

1. miikezombie

miikezombie Savant (355) Texas Aug 13, 2010

I would but everyone would want to sit on it.

2. duceswild

duceswild Advocate (740) Maryland Feb 8, 2010

If anyone has an extra tasting glass from this event afterwards I would love to work something out for it. Also looking for the 1st Anniversary one if available too. BM me if you want to work something out.

3. mattchow

mattchow Savant (380) Texas Jun 24, 2012

anyone want BBA hellfighter from Karbach? I'll be there for the party and can still pick up a case in the morning if the interest is there.

4. tigrstylz

tigrstylz Aficionado (215) Texas Jan 10, 2012

Went to Hardywood, the Gingerbread Stout is Delicious, the BA version was going to be sold on the day I was flying out. :(

5. blatherbeard

blatherbeard Savant (430) Texas Sep 30, 2007

I wont be at the party but id be a liar if i didnt say i was interested. Live in North austin if it helps lol

and im working most of the day :(

6. mattchow

I'm hopefully gonna go snag that case of hellfighter, if you wanna trade me beer for it awesome, if you wanna trade me cash, awesome as well lol

7. xpimptastikx

xpimptastikx Initiate (0) Texas Oct 8, 2008

8 days out on this now.

Will there be guest/secret kegs like there was last year? I didn't see any info in the blog about it, but I know that the JK guys usually always have a guest tap. I'd love another gravity kegs of that German Landbier, that shit was delicious last year.

Also, will we be able to purchase additional anniversary glasses?

8. tigrstylz

tigrstylz Aficionado (215) Texas Jan 10, 2012

I'm good to pay for a couple of bottles of hellfighter if you're gonna bring a case. (or just two);)

9. mattchow

i bugged the hell out of them until they sold me an additional glass at the funk n sour fest. they seem to order a limited amount of glasses over what they sell for the event, so you'll just have to keep on top of them or bug them enough to sell you one when it's close to closing time. Luckily I have my gf with me this time, so I'll have two from the start.

10. mhenson42

mhenson42 Advocate (605) Texas Nov 20, 2011

They've had them for sale for $7 at the brewery when I've been there on Saturday tours. You get one included in the $10 tour/tasting. I always buy 2 tasting/tours when I go anyway.:)

Are the Anniv. glasses going to be different this year. The one from the first Anniv. is the same as what I've gotten at the Saturday tours.

11. mhenson42

They had one of these on tap last Sat. when I was there for the tour. When I asked about guest beers, I got the impression that only JK brews were part of the anniv. I imagine Stanley's will have some nice non-JK brews for sale though.

12. miikezombie

miikezombie Savant (355) Texas Aug 13, 2010

Look for me. I will be wearing an unwitty name tag. I may or may not bring a BB GBS for the share. Depends on how I feel Friday afternoon.

13. jesterkingbeer

jesterkingbeer Savant (415) Texas Jun 28, 2010

Stanley's will have some guest beers on, but because the beer for our anniversary party is being sold through a licensed retailer this year (i.e. Stanley's), all the beer has to be TABC licensed. Unfortunately, that means no surprise keg of Cantillon this year. However, I imagine some authentic Lambic and Gueuze will be making an appearance at the bottle share!

Jeff

14. jesterkingbeer

jesterkingbeer Savant (415) Texas Jun 28, 2010

By the way, here's to the day we (hopefully) eliminate the extraordinarily high TABC licensing fees that keep beer from very small breweries (like Cantillon or a yet to exist but for the fees Texas nano-brewery) out of our hands!

15. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Savant (425) Texas Mar 12, 2012

Link up people. I have a couple trades being completed so maybe I can add some CCB goodies.

16. dumptruck81

dumptruck81 Savant (380) Texas Dec 28, 2011

I added a couple a bottles

17. Beerman-MC

Beerman-MC Initiate (20) Jan 8, 2013

I have been looking for some, willing to trade it for some BBA winter warmer

18. michael78747

michael78747 Aficionado (155) Texas Jan 13, 2011

Turns out I have ended up with an extra ticket. If anyone needs one send me a BM.

19. mhenson42

I need to update the beers I'm bringing. I traded a few beers I was gonna bring. Lol

Anyway- open to anyone whose interested - I'd love to set up some IP trades. Check my profile for a cellar link. Mainly looking for BA stout/BABWs, but hit me up if you have anything interesting. Not really looking for stuff I can buy locally in SA.

H0rnedFr0gs likes this.
  20. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Savant (425) Texas Mar 12, 2012

DFW just dropped a bottle share bomb. I expect a lot of Austin for this ;)

mattisloco likes this.
  21. dirtygrind

dirtygrind Aspirant (40) Texas Jun 19, 2012

I added a couple things to the list that ill be bringing. Ill double check my cellar for some other goodies. Also be bringing my little brother to the bottle share if that's not a problem.

22. mattchow

how many people are showing up to the bottle share?

23. johnsaulrubio

johnsaulrubio Savant (275) Texas Dec 2, 2006

I'm coming to the bottle share.

I'd love a couple BB Hellfighters. What do you want for 'em?

24. mattchow

sorry, all spoken for already.

25. ext1rpate

ext1rpate Savant (290) Texas Feb 21, 2011

If this had gone down one weekend after the actual date I would have been all over this.

26. dumptruck81

Anybody want some free stone mint stout. I've got close to a six pack that needs a home. Did I mention it was free?

TapThat and Clonies720 like this.
  27. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Initiate (0) Texas Apr 11, 2012

If only I could pick it up. I'd love to have a couple more...

28. videofrog

videofrog Savant (490) Texas Nov 13, 2010

What, no bueno? If so, I can help with your problem.

29. tx_beer_man

tx_beer_man Savant (265) Texas Jan 22, 2013

Wow. Had no clue about this one. Glad I joined the forums. Jester King = best organic beers in TX...mmm collaborations...

30. kmello69

kmello69 Advocate (525) Texas Nov 27, 2011

I'm happy to help you out. I love that beer

31. dumptruck81

Looks like I got a couple good homes for em.

32. mattchow

I'll take a few for DanzBorin if that's ok..

33. cfrobrew

cfrobrew Advocate (550) Texas Oct 9, 2012

I could accommodate that I think... You want it for you or for share? What are you gonna bring?

34. cfrobrew

Ill take some of that, my wife loved it.

35. videofrog

videofrog Savant (490) Texas Nov 13, 2010

Looks like I'll be popping my bottle share cherry with you guys. I added Black Butte XXIII and Boulevard BBQ to the document. Be gentle, it's my first time.

dumptruck81 likes this.
  36. kmello69

Well, I happened into some tickets, so I guess I'll need to come up with a few goodies for the bottle share. I'll go through the cellar tonight and toss some stuff up there tomorrow.

37. mattchow

what time is Stanley's pizza gonna open up to buy bottles of JK beer?

38. cfrobrew

They are open from 12:30 to 4:30 on saturdays.

39. kmello69

But I think his point was that the anniversary party starts at 12, so they might be opening a little earlier

40. cfrobrew

Cool, Jeff can comment but when I talked to someone else from JK about the festival they mentioned 1230 to 430...