1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Jester King 2nd Anniversary

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by miikezombie, Dec 27, 2012.

1. lokieman

lokieman Savant (475) Oklahoma Jan 20, 2011

ditto....

2. Sethzilla

Sethzilla Aficionado (240) Texas Oct 10, 2012

i salute those of you who are back-to-back bottle sharing after the C&G slaying in DFW last sunday. Someone take some botteshare/anniversary pics and put 'em up here... and someone (noah) bring back a few bottles of RU-55 for me... yeah, it was love at first sip.

3. mattchow

mattchow Savant (380) Texas Jun 24, 2012

Seemed like Karbach BBA Hellfighter was a hit, everyone hit me up accordingly, great to meet everyone!

TapThat likes this.
  4. dumptruck81

dumptruck81 Savant (390) Texas Dec 28, 2011

Thank you kind sir

5. xpimptastikx

xpimptastikx Initiate (0) Texas Oct 8, 2008

[​IMG]

Full size link

I had a great time, but I failed to be a social butterfly like always and didn't introduce myself to anyone new.

6. Cablejelly

Cablejelly Savant (265) Texas Sep 6, 2010

Figured I'd pop in and say hi. Guess I met a couple of you when I stumbled on the tail-end of the bottle share @ JK this afternoon. I honestly had no clue the BA forums were here, as much as I use the site. Think I'll be stopping by a bit more often as I love beer, love to share, trades are great, and I love beer. Also, love beer. :)

7. kmello69

kmello69 Advocate (535) Texas Nov 27, 2011

Awesome bottle share. A LOT more people than I expected, but that just meant lots more beer to try. I think I fried my Untappd account. :) Talked to a lot of people, but dont remember everyone's names (except Eli, Daniel and Rob). Great day! Here's a few pics I took:

Big glass of Buddha's Brew in the Anniversary glass

[​IMG]

Beer table during the mayhem

[​IMG]

Dead guys all over the table

[​IMG]

Thanks for the great day, everyone at Jester King, and everyone who made it out for the bottle share. Well done!

8. lokieman

lokieman Savant (475) Oklahoma Jan 20, 2011

HOLY SHIT!!!

9. kmello69

Yes, thats just about right.

I couldn't keep up - bottles were opening faster than I could drink.

Loose count I can see 103 bottles/cans on that table, not including that giant Arrogant Bastard (that was 9 years old and drank like a boss)

jl28r1 likes this.
  10. Cablejelly

That 3l AB bottle walked off with a little Indian guy. He was holding it like a baby... I think he fell in love!

11. mattchow

We're back in Houston after an awesome dinner at Foreign and Domestic. The spreadsheet versus the actual turnout was quite different. I'm happy I was able to share my 1 year aged Karbach BBA Hellfighter with a few of you as well. I'll make sure to bring more beers to the next bottle share!

channels321 likes this.
  12. Wyatte

Wyatte Zealot (85) Texas Aug 24, 2012

Thanks for the bottle! Already cracked it open with a few mates and it was delicious :)

mattchow and lokieman like this.
  13. mattchow

as you should have! cheers!

14. r0nburgundy69

r0nburgundy69 Savant (255) Texas Jan 27, 2012

goddamn, thats epic. and i hate to use the word epic. wish i woulda bought tix before it sold out

15. Cablejelly

Haha the guy in the green button down sweater is the one who walked off with the arrogant bastard bottle...

16. Wyatte

Wyatte Zealot (85) Texas Aug 24, 2012

That looks about right, bottles were going faster than I could chug my glass. Had a great time!

17. Ahaley

Ahaley Aficionado (120) Texas Dec 24, 2009

Another great day out at Jester King and a great bottle share. Thanks to the entire JK and SF crew for working their butts off and putting on an amazing event. Happy Anniversary as well. Very enjoyable!

jesterkingbeer and SBoyar1 like this.
  18. channels321

channels321 Savant (275) Texas Apr 16, 2012

Had a great day today. And thanks to Matt and Eli for hooking me up with some bottles, it is much appreciated.

dumptruck81 and mattchow like this.
  19. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

LOL. That's so many bottles it's a little overwelming.

20. Daemose

Daemose Savant (480) Texas Oct 3, 2011

Anyone have an extra glass they'd be willing to part with?

21. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

That reminds me... Hey, if any Austinites got a spare glass... hit me up!

22. Phoenix2443

Phoenix2443 Savant (390) Texas Jan 20, 2010

I know someone on here said they'd see if the could obtain an extra glass. I'd like to have one as I couldn't make it out due to work.

23. mhenson42

mhenson42 Advocate (605) Texas Nov 20, 2011

I always say I'm not gonna drink that much, but everyone always brings killer beers and OD'd as usual. :D I need to remember to eat at these things. I had a great time. I asked about buying extra glassware, but they weren't selling the anniversary glasses.

My friend brought the 2004 Oaked AB up with us. I think I recall that guy asking if he could have the bottle. My friend didn't want it anyway, so all is good.

24. kmello69

They were selling glasses at the end - $7 each. They had a lot left, so it might be worth contacting them to see if they'll still be selling them

25. kmello69

I talked to your friend a lot - guy from Portland, right? Cool guy. Wish I'd had a chance to talk to you more. Next time. Thanks for all you brought!

26. mhenson42

mhenson42 Advocate (605) Texas Nov 20, 2011

Yeah. That was Dan. I'm glad he was there to drive me home lol. I'll do a better job being more social at the next bottle share as well.:)

I'm little annoyed to hear that they started selling the glass. It was later in the day when I asked them and they said they weren't selling them.

27. mattchow

I asked around 230/3 when I left and they weren't selling them yet. During funk n sour fest, they didn't start selling till the last 10 minutes of the event.

28. channels321

channels321 Savant (275) Texas Apr 16, 2012

Yea I tried asking too and they said no. I didnt end up leaving until closer to 430 and couldnt buy an extra one.

29. xpimptastikx

xpimptastikx Initiate (0) Texas Oct 8, 2008

Weak! Me and two other people asked to buy another glass around 4 and they said they still had too many people that hadn't checked in... If they weren't there by 4 I don't think they showed up...

30. ThirdEyePA

ThirdEyePA Savant (380) Texas Nov 7, 2011

That is one stunning bottle share. I bet that 9 y/o AB was interesting.

31. jesterkingbeer

jesterkingbeer Savant (440) Texas Jun 28, 2010

Thanks so much for coming to our anniversary party! I hope you had a great time.

Jeff Stuffings
    Jester King

32. FUNKPhD

FUNKPhD Advocate (505) Texas Apr 13, 2010

Yeah, I need one of those glasses. Someone holler at me.

33. Cablejelly

If that was Dan, I don't think he was asked. We were laughing about it. He didn't want the bottle but did find it pretty amusing that the guy ran off with it like he was stealing a baby :D

We probably left @ 4:15 and I only saw 2 glass/ticket bundles left on the table. It looked like there were still a few boxes of glasses left though. You're right though, it was from noon to 4... it someone hadn't shown up at that point, they weren't coming.

34. Phoenix2443

Phoenix2443 Savant (390) Texas Jan 20, 2010

Jeff,

Any possibility of putting any extra glasses up on the webstore?

35. kmello69

There were several boxes still stacked up off to the side. And the party was scheduled from 12-5, so I guess they felt like people still had the option to show up at that point. I think it was like 4:30-4:45 when I heard they could be purchased.

36. TapThat

TapThat Aficionado (190) Oregon Nov 8, 2012

Had a great time, nice meeting a few of yall. Shout out to Matt Chow for the bottle of BA hellfighter, and the genius little girls slanging girl scout cookies.

mattchow likes this.
  37. Cablejelly

Guess I left too early :( Could have sworn I saw 12-4 somewhere...

38. jesterkingbeer

jesterkingbeer Savant (440) Texas Jun 28, 2010

Sorry. All the anniversary party glassware is gone. We don't plan on making more of that specific glass.

Jeff

39. whoa.....

40. Former Texas "native" here, did anyone get multiple glasses? I have PNW stuff to trade; HotD glasses/tasters, Elysian pumpkin snifers, etc... shoot me a message.