Jester King Danish Day Festival, JK/Mikkeller "Weasel Rodeo" Release

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by jesterkingbeer, Feb 24, 2012.

1. jesterkingbeer

jesterkingbeer Savant (415) Texas Jun 28, 2010

2. wsnich

wsnich Savant (410) Texas Apr 26, 2010

Please stop making so many cool beers. I can't afford to travel to Austin every weekend.

Will this be bottled, or have any make its way down to Houston?

LadyOfMuchBeer likes this.
  3. raffy313

raffy313 Savant (415) Texas Dec 15, 2010

This might just end up being my first JK event ever to attend... and just 4 days after my bday. That beer list sounds amazing! Gonna need a hotel, for sure.

4. LadyOfMuchBeer

LadyOfMuchBeer Savant (380) Texas Apr 30, 2011

Wondering if weasel rodeo will hit local taps at all? I have made all the big JK events, but doubt I can make another so soon, really want to try this one!!

5. canadianghetto

canadianghetto Savant (495) Texas Oct 15, 2011

My money is that there will be a decent release of this similar to the previous Mikkeller collab.

6. miikezombie

miikezombie Savant (355) Texas Aug 13, 2010

Damn it! Another event I probably can't attend.

7. air

air Savant (360) Texas Mar 28, 2007

I wish this weren't on saturday, cuz SXSW will be too crazy by then :(

8. lokieman

lokieman Savant (475) Oklahoma Jan 20, 2011

Yea I really hope it has a similiar release to Drinkin' in the Sunbelt...It sounds damn tasty. I've been waiting for JK to put out another stout. Just like every other event, even though I live in Austin, I can't make it...I suck.

9. jesterkingbeer

Weasel Rodeo will be released statewide. We bottled about 200 cases yesterday. We also filled a small number of 50L kegs and gravity kegs. The kegs and gravity kegs will be released once the beer has had time to keg condition. The bottled beer is at the mercy of the TTB and TABC label approval process as far as the release date.

Jeff Stuffings
    Owner/Brewer
    Jester King

EA728 and H0rnedFr0gs like this.
  10. lokieman

lokieman Savant (475) Oklahoma Jan 20, 2011

Very nice! Good to hear and can't wait to get my hands on a couple of bottles. Looking forward to it...thanks Jeff

11. miikezombie

I hope statewide includes Podunk Ass Corpus Christi!

12. kmello69

kmello69 Advocate (535) Texas Nov 27, 2011

I think my wife is getting tired of me dragging her out to JK, but it looks like this one will be going on the schedule as well. If nothing else, I can add another JK glass to the collection, and get some of that sour Black Metal again!

13. jaymesbawned

jaymesbawned Savant (280) Texas Feb 1, 2011

Beer made with peppers and rodent poop. sounds good to me! Seriously, though, the coffee made with those beans is supposed to be amazing. hoping it translates over to the beer!

14. wsnich

wsnich Savant (410) Texas Apr 26, 2010

Beer Geek Brunch Weasel is an exceptional beer, which also contains the 'rodent poop'. I'm really excited to try this beer.

15. I had the pleasure of visiting Jester King last weekend, and enjoyed myself immensely (the sour barrel-aged commercial suicide was amazing). I wish that I could attend, this sounds like an incredible event! Looks like I need to move near Austin...

16. isitsavage

isitsavage Aficionado (160) Texas Feb 9, 2011

So I am definitely going out to this. I'm new to TX but I assume it's cool with JK to do a bottle share out there, anyone interested? I've got a lot of east coast stuff that traveled with me.

17. canadianghetto

18. LadyOfMuchBeer

It was the first anniversary???, but who is counting....

jl28r1 likes this.
  19. jl28r1

jl28r1 Savant (490) Texas Jan 10, 2011

Jeff is pretty cool with the bottle shares at his parties but I would still check with him before you start to organize one.

20. LadyOfMuchBeer

I agree about asking first, definitely important. It was Jeff who announced we could do the last bottle share himself.

21. jesterkingbeer

I appreciate you asking. A bottle share is definitely ok and encouraged.

What we support is beer drinkers in Texas having access to the best beer from around the world. That's why we sued (unsuccessfully) to eliminate the protectionist, high-dollar licensing fees that keep beer from small, artisan breweries out of Texas. A bottle share is a good way for people to have access to great beers that are unfortunately kept out of Texas by our laws, and that's why we like and support them.

What we don't support is drinking to the point of sickness and/or incapacitation. We unfortunately had some incidents of sickness and incapacitation at our first anniversary bottle share. Please feel free to organize a bottle share at our Danish Day Festival. We just ask that you lookout for yourselves and each other in order to keep it a safe, laid back environment.

Jeff Stuffings
    Owner/Brewer
    Jester King

amcmaho1 and isitsavage like this.
  22. jl28r1

jl28r1 Savant (490) Texas Jan 10, 2011

Thanks Jeff! You are a great host. I hope that everyone takes what you said to heart!

23. BomberKing

BomberKing Aficionado (160) Texas Jan 15, 2011

hmmm, Im so torn if I should purchase tickets (me and the girlfriend, who isnt as into beers as I)... I've never been to a JK event before and this one sounds like the tits.

bbbuuuutt I do have a year old bottle of Suplication I've been wanting to open and I feel like this is the perfect excuse to do it.

decisions, decisions.

24. miikezombie

If I were you I would go. She can be the designated driver. Just make sure you return the favor!

25. miikezombie

At most people should bring 1 to 2 bottles. Save room for some of the great beers on tap that day. If I decide to go I may just hang out and not be a part of the bottle share.

26. isitsavage

isitsavage Aficionado (160) Texas Feb 9, 2011

Yeah I was only planning on 1-2, if people are really down for it I'll post a list of stuff I have and we can decide from that.

27. Will you bottle/import any of the whisky aged Weasel Rodeo, say through shelton brothers imports, so we can try it here in Maryland?

28. kunstdrache

kunstdrache Savant (255) Texas Sep 22, 2006

Should be there, will bring some goodies for the bottle share as well.

29. dumptruck81

dumptruck81 Savant (390) Texas Dec 28, 2011

This event will be my 1st visit to the brewery. Too many other offerings I haven't had yet to worry about a bottle share. I'm really looking forward to the collaboration brew. I usually like peppered porters and stouts. I also love smoke and coffee so this is shaping up to be pretty damn tastey.

30. canadianghetto

La Petit Prince and Noble King just got released in 750s at Whip In. Hopefully the rest of the markets in a couple weeks.

31. LadyOfMuchBeer

Got news this past weekend that La Petit Prince and Noble King will hit Houston within the next week. Sure hope I don't miss out like I did with Das Wunderkind. ISO: Das Wunderkind. ;)

32. jesterkingbeer

33. canadianghetto

I think I have a problem since this quote "“Whiskey Rodeo” is now going to be the most ludicrously expensive beer ever sold in the State of Texas" made me excited. What prices for the 750s of Weasel Rodeo and Whiskey Rodeo can we expect? I haven't met a beer that is too expensive yet so don't worry about it scaring me :)

34. jesterkingbeer

We haven't set a price point yet for Whiskey Rodeo, but we'll go out on a limb and state that it will be cheaper than your run of the mill Oregon pinot.

Jeff Stuffings
    Owner/Brewer
    Jester King

35. nate8767

nate8767 Aficionado (195) Alabama Nov 1, 2011

Does anyone know how much a run of the mill Oregon Pinot is?

36. canadianghetto

lol beer nerds don't know jack about wine.

37. miikezombie

Any where between $5 and $100. Either cheap or expensive. Its really up in the air. I will be back in Portland in September. I can report back then.

38. BgThang

BgThang Savant (455) Texas Dec 23, 2007

Can I get a refund on the tix? I wanted the kopi luwak version.

39. jesterkingbeer

We put together this beer list, plus a bunch of special Mikkeller kegs, plus a few surprises (if our anniversary party was any indication, you know we don't screw around with our surprises), but if you're serious about a refund, email us at [email protected]

Weasel Rodeo
    Boxer’s Revenge Barrel Aged Wild Ale
    Das Wunderkind! Sour Saison
    Barrel Aged Sour Black Metal
    Special Yet to Be Named Barrel Room One Off
    Black Metal Farmhouse Imperial Stout
    Wytchmaker Farmhouse Rye IPA
    Noble King Hoppy Farmhouse Ale
    Le Petit Prince Farmhouse Table Beer

40. dumptruck81

dumptruck81 Savant (390) Texas Dec 28, 2011

It's my first JK Rodeo so I'm wondering when we can start showing up? I know the tix say 1PM but can we show up 30 min or so early?