1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Jester King sightings

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by H0rnedFr0gs, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Azzy

Azzy Savant (300) Texas Jul 16, 2012

Anyone know a Store that has Boxers on the shelf? Didn't like it the first time I tried it so want to give it another chance

2. jeffcook

jeffcook Aficionado (105) Texas Aug 1, 2012

cashier at gabriels broke the last bottle of WBR they were holding for me...he goes, "just go grab another one of the shelf..."

3. mattchow

mattchow Savant (380) Texas Jun 24, 2012

d&q should

4. Azzy

Azzy Savant (300) Texas Jul 16, 2012

Gonna have to stop buy and get a bottle and some glassware tomorrow then.

5. Danielbt

Danielbt Savant (380) Texas May 4, 2012

That's funny, I didn't see any news reports of a cashier being throttled to death in a Gabriel's. I mean, I assume that's what happened next. ;)

ChanceK and FUNKPhD like this.
  6. starkmarvelo

starkmarvelo Advocate (500) Nevada Jan 20, 2010

The Whip In told my wife that Boxers Revenge sold out within 24 hrs. She did bring me a bottle of Black Butte XXIV. Winner!

FUNKPhD likes this.
  7. FUNKPhD

FUNKPhD Advocate (505) Texas Apr 13, 2010

DNQ is all out of Boxer's at around 11am, but there's a good amount of Weasel.

8. crusian

crusian Advocate (620) Oregon May 14, 2010

so, when will the funk metal sightings start?

9. wagenvolks

wagenvolks Advocate (655) Texas Sep 23, 2005

when someone sees a funk metal on the shelves, and then posts about it on BA

;)

UHCougar12 likes this.
  10. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Initiate (0) Texas Apr 11, 2012

Probably after their sour party.

11. BeanBone

BeanBone Savant (445) Texas Oct 12, 2006

Is there any chance whatsoever of finding Whiskey Barrel in Houston or has that ship just sailed totally by this point?

12. UHCougar12

UHCougar12 Savant (465) Texas Feb 21, 2011

I'm going to say that ship has left the dock, but it couldn't hurt to ask. I was just at an heb on northside and they had weasle on the shelf, so I asked about whiskey and the guy went in the back and found an empty box. So who knows, maybe it sold out earlier today.

13. mhenson42

mhenson42 Advocate (570) Texas Nov 20, 2011

Whole Foods in SA just got a case of Whiskey and I think even more Weasel today. No Bonnie

14. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

Central Market Westgate had it for a few weeks... they might even still have some (haven't been there for about a week).

They seemed to get the King's share in Austin.

15. Chuk_Hell

Chuk_Hell Aficionado (220) Texas Apr 12, 2012

There are still several bottles of Boxers and >3< bottles of Bonnie left (have to ask for Bonnie).

2 Cases of Black Butte 24 came in today. $12.99 ea.

16. starkmarvelo

starkmarvelo Advocate (500) Nevada Jan 20, 2010

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I rarely make it up to Austin. I'm in New Braunfels.

17. reyna311

reyna311 Savant (255) Delaware Jun 19, 2012

Saw two bottles of Weasel sitting on the shelf at the downtown Houston Specs last night

18. DanzBorin

At this point Weasel is probably off the radar of hard to find.

I see it at every Specs and at quite a few HEBs (The ones with decent beer departments) in Houston.

As far as Houston goes:

Bonnie seems to exist in limited quantities in the wild.

Whiskey is long gone

19. kmello69

kmello69 Advocate (505) Texas Nov 27, 2011

I saw several bottles of Weasel still sitting on the shelves at Specs Arbor Walk (Austin) today. Didnt seem to have any of the other 2 left, and no more Flanders Fred. :(

20. kevinscott

kevinscott Savant (315) Texas Oct 21, 2008

Central Market Westgate had Boxer's, Drinkin the Sunbelt and Weasel Rodeo today during lunch. All at the wine counter.

21. Danielbt

JK did say they bottled twice as much Weasel as they did Beer Geek Rodeo, so that's not surprising. I expect it will act like Boxer's and stick around for a few months here and there.

22. jbeezification

jbeezification Savant (405) Texas Jun 6, 2012

You just gotta know who to ask. I can go get a bottle of Whiskey Rodeo right now.

23. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Advocate (540) Texas Apr 26, 2007

San Antonio:
    HEB 1604/Blanco has a little over a case each of Whiskey and Weasel. Both are priced very close to what Gabriel's and Spec's are charging. They still have plenty of Boxer's too, and they're still overcharging for it.

Gabriel's has a few bottles of Bonnie left and plenty of Sunbelt.

24. DanzBorin

Go get me some. ;) <says please>

25. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

I'm finding "plenty of Sunbelt" to be a theme in most of the liquor/beer stores here in Austin. Whole Foods Downtown is literally drowning in the stuff. They had about 5 cases on the floor, bottles upon bottles in the beer fridge and even about a case spread out on their tasting table when we were there the other day.

26. kmello69

Same thing at Specs Arbor Walk. There was a pile of Jester King boxes under the shelves, and when I looked at them, every one was "Drinkin" Seems they made plenty of that one to go around.

27. crusian

doesnt require barrels or expensive coffee... so, yeah.

28. BeanBone

So... who do you have to ask?

29. I heard WBR is still sitting on the shelf in Kentucky....

Krumb likes this.
  30. BeanBone

Kentucky? Is that some sort of code? Let's see... Kentucky... Kentucky... KFC... bourbon... horse racing... bluegrass... Louisville Slugger... I got nothing ;)

Exiled likes this.
  31. dumptruck81

dumptruck81 Savant (370) Texas Dec 28, 2011

Kentucky still has every whale ever bottled still just sitting on the shelves...

Krumb likes this.
  32. BeanBone

Okay now I know you guys are messing with me! You can't fit a whole whale in a bottle, not even a baby one!

33. JCDenver

JCDenver Savant (270) Texas Feb 8, 2010

http://beeradvocate.com/community/threads/ft-whiskey-rodeo-weasel-rodeo-cellar.36462/

LOL. Pot, meet kettle.

Exiled and PhatAtUT like this.
  34. kmello69

Its a code for a story you haven't heard.

35. Danielbt

Why are you trying to start shit? The post you quoted was made a week and a half ago, and the ISO thread was made yesterday. They obviously found some, and probably didn't ignore bottle limits to do it, which was the context for the post in the first place.

Hell, I was worried I wouldn't find any at that point too. I did, and now have a couple bottles stashed.

36. BeanBone

Yeah, I figured :)

Seriously though, if anyone has any spare Whiskey Barrel Rodeo for trade, lemme know what you're interested in, I have a lot of different stuff available.

jbeezification likes this.
  37. JCDenver

JCDenver Savant (270) Texas Feb 8, 2010

I'm not. At all. I just find some humor in people begging folks to use their likely one bottle limit to acquire beer for others who then subsequently trade the same beer. All while calling out people who also obtain bottles to trade.

kevinscott, FUNKPhD and Krumb like this.
  38. jbeezification

jbeezification Savant (405) Texas Jun 6, 2012

39. GregSVT

GregSVT Savant (475) Texas Jul 1, 2009

I was going to say something yesterday about how she was begging people to trade her a bottle and now she's trading bottles. I hope she bought those and didn't get it from a generous person that may have only had a few.

40. crusian

damn, you're a youngin. :)

jbeezification likes this.