1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Jester King sightings

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by H0rnedFr0gs, Jul 10, 2012.

1. jbeezification

jbeezification Savant (405) Texas Jun 6, 2012

haha. nope, I think the cashier just types that whenever he knows somebody is old enough. I'm slightly older than that.
  2. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

Wow, I don't think anyone has actually ever put in that birth date line for me. It usually says 00/00/00.

I'm not even that old!
  3. BeanBone

BeanBone Savant (445) Texas Oct 12, 2006

Gimmie! Now!
  4. jbeezification

Well just so the actual point of the pic doesn't get lost, the Whole Foods in Sugar Land still has about half a case of Whiskey Rodeo, they have one bottle of Boxers Revenge and like 6 or 7 bottles of Bonnie the Rare. Go nuts people.
  5. BeanBone

On the floor, or do you have to ask?
  6. ugh, i live in brownsville and i doubt i'll ever have those.
  7. jbeezification

I'm not sure where you live, but if I were you, I would be driving more and posting less. :cool:
    BeanBone likes this.
  8. BeanBone

You sir, are a gentlemen and a lifesaver; scored a bottle of each! Cheers!
  9. haha i still look (and am) pretty young, but when i get carded i just think to myself if i was really underage trying to get my drink on why would i buy a 20 dollar beer made with weasel poop thats not even on the shelf
    fragilehearted and RustyP like this.
  10. Azzy

Azzy Savant (300) Texas Jul 16, 2012

Atleast we all know I wasn't the only one getting bottles to trade and everyone got their own amount of bottles for this release. Cheers to all!!
  11. Lutter

I actually got carded once when I was buying a $30 bottle of Brooklyn Black Ops... it was at Whole Foods, so I believe that they've got them trained as robots over there. When I was 19, I would've spent $30 on, I dunno know, like 3 24-packs of Natty Ice. LOL.
  12. Only thing I have been able to score in DFW is Weasel. :(
    Exiled likes this.
  13. Phoenix2443

Phoenix2443 Savant (335) Texas Jan 20, 2010

Heb here on William cannon and escarpment both had whiskey and weasel avail no limit
  14. fragilehearted

fragilehearted Savant (270) Texas Dec 13, 2009

Yes! I get carded regularly too, and I'm 31. Every time, I stand there with my craft beer and think a minor just wouldn't bother with something that expensive. It was the same for me...at 19, I thought beer = BMC piss, so it was liquor for me - probably a cheapo handle of vodka. Oh, to be young again...
    mattisloco likes this.
  15. jbeezification

You know they still sell McCormicks and Polar Ice. Do it.
    fragilehearted likes this.
  16. blatherbeard

blatherbeard Savant (420) Texas Sep 30, 2007

30 bucks for black ops? I paid less than that in a bar, wow.
  17. Lutter

You actually found Black Ops for sale in a bar? There were like 6 cases for the whole state, lol. I might be misremembering $30, but it was definitely over $25.
  18. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Advocate (540) Texas Apr 26, 2007

I paid $20 for mine.
  19. blatherbeard

It wasnt recently, but it was at Black Star Co-op. 25 bucks.
  20. I didn't do much research into BOPs but I feel like there was more than 6 cases cuz I saw it on the shelves of my podunk specs and we don't get anything unless there is enough to go around. I wasn't gonna buy one cuz it was 19.99 but my friend bought it for me, it was good but pretty hot fresh.
  21. kmello69

kmello69 Advocate (505) Texas Nov 27, 2011

If anyone in the Austin area is still looking for the new JK releases, and willing to drive a little bit, I was at the Specs in Bee Caves today, and they still have PLENTY of all 3 (Weasel, Whiskey and Bonnie) plus several cases of of Boxers #2 and tons of BB XXIV.

That place is a secret gold mine, because people in Bee Caves dont seem to be interested in craft beer as much. I always find tons of good stuff out there (secret revealed!)
    BK1017, ElkSherpa and blatherbeard like this.
  22. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Initiate (0) Texas Apr 11, 2012

That's a really long drive! I'd love another Whisky, but not that bad. lol
  23. BeanBone

Shoot, if I hadn't found a bottle last week, I'd have considered driving from Houston! Hehe.
  24. DanzBorin

I have 1, but want one to send to a good trading partner.
  25. Lutter

Their beer guy is also cool and will hold cases of Stone RIS and OG to age in the back for a year, then put then out.
  26. boogercrack

boogercrack Savant (340) Texas May 24, 2012

Picked up a couple pre farmhouse black metals and stone old guardians in Houston today at the specs in Montrose.
  27. blatherbeard

havent been out that way(for other than work where i CANT pickup beer grr) in a while but the twins marketplace usually has a decent selection as well for the same, bee caves ppl arent craft drinkers, reason.
  28. UHCougar12

UHCougar12 Savant (465) Texas Feb 21, 2011

Saw about 6-8 btr on the shelf at specs live oak yesterday
  29. kmello69

kmello69 Advocate (505) Texas Nov 27, 2011

They have a new beer guy who has only been there a few months, so that might have been the last guy. Apparently, when the old guy left, they found a whole bunch of stuff he was hiding in the back for himself. Thats how I ended up getting a 2009 Green Flash Barleywine that they were just putting back out on the shelves. :)
  30. LadyOfMuchBeer

LadyOfMuchBeer Savant (380) Texas Apr 30, 2011

I am trading a beer from my cellar for a whiskey (in case you overlooked my ISO Whiskey Rodeo post)because I was told this was the only beer that could get me to Cascade beer which I have wanted to try forever. The guy I am trading with said he had an extra and is interested in the $20 bottle I am trading him that he cannot get here. BTW...Kevin(Shoky) doesn't have anything to do with that deal. He hates how I trade away all my limited TX brews for other stuff, but hell, it is all I have. And FWIW, Kevin ended up buying me two Whiskey Rodeo's in San Antone, which I am not trading. I am trading this one bottle with the two other bottles in the set to a guy to do a tasting. I do see how bad it looks, but nobody offered up a single bottle to Shoky for me. I am not trading "bottles". I am trading one bottle. Circumstances changed between the point of not being able to find any to have just one bottle, to him finding it out of town, to being offered a bottle for a trade, to posting to trade with some stuff for Cascade. Anyone who is going to Freetail on the 15th, the bottles I am trading for are for that bottle share, so it is all coming back to our beer community here locally.

PS. He is my boyfriend, we have seperate(100 percent) cellars and residences. He was only trying to do me a favor and find me a bottle because at the time I didn't have any. I am only explaining myself in his defense, because I am not a big fan of explaining myself to those who speculate and make false assumptions. Anyone who knows me, knows better. Cheers!
    greenspointexas and H0rnedFr0gs like this.
  31. UHCougar12

UHCougar12 Savant (465) Texas Feb 21, 2011

Just had a friend pick me up Whiskey Rodeo today. Code word: HEB 290@barker. They had one case that they put out 2hrs ago. 1-2-3 go!
  32. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Savant (425) Texas Mar 12, 2012

I can't explain how cool it is to think Texans are getting heat for these beers and how awesome it is people are planning on sharing that wealth.

Sadly if my GF and I make the Freetail event, I won't be able to offer up anything of substance. Maybe I can bring a Beer Geek and try to setup a set of these awesome Collaborations.

Anybody disagree that rankings go Whiskey #1 with a bullet, Geek #2, Weasel #3? I thought the chilis rang out loudly and proudly in Geek enough to beat out the big coffee flavor of Weasel.
  33. jwff

jwff Savant (320) Alaska Oct 20, 2004

Looks like they are all out now. The strangest stuff appears out of nowhere at that store I swear.
  34. LadyOfMuchBeer

Bring what you can bring out, I think I can speak for everyone that whatever is brought is appreciated. Just make sure they do not have it for sale there. They may still have bottles of Weasel, but Beer Geek Rodeo is long gone, and I am sure many of us wouldn't mind revisiting it at all. ;)
  35. H0rnedFr0gs

I'm just patiently awaiting word that these tasty brews will get a semi regular brewing (which in the beer world amounts to my near constant state of readiness to storm JK with pitchforks if the decide to not) so we can all look forward to revisiting.
    LadyOfMuchBeer likes this.
  36. LadyOfMuchBeer

Which brews are you hoping will be regular?
  37. H0rnedFr0gs

Mikkeller stuff (Geek, Weasel, Whiskey)
  38. Or trying for the first time
  39. DanzBorin

I hope they go back to Gerk and ditch Weasel.