1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

John Harris to leave Full Sail

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by chumba526, Mar 24, 2012.

1. chumba526

chumba526 Savant (300) Oregon Apr 27, 2009

2. boMD

boMD Savant (315) Oregon Feb 8, 2009

Good thing because we need another brewery in Portland.
    draheim and guajolote like this.
  3. maltmaster420

maltmaster420 Savant (440) Oregon Aug 17, 2005

This will be awesome. Something tells me that the guy responsible for Hammerhead, Mirror Pond, Black Butte, Old Boardhead, Wreck the Halls, Lupulin, and countless other delicious beers has a few recipes up his sleeve. Plus, he's one of the friendliest, most down to earth people in the industry.
    JustinatBeaumont and djbreezy like this.
  4. djbreezy

djbreezy Advocate (510) Washington Dec 16, 2008

Cool. I'm excited. There are plenty of breweries that don't deserve to be in town. He definitely deserves to be here. Wreck the Halls is an amazing brew. Man! So good.
  5. ramnuts

ramnuts Aficionado (235) Oregon Feb 16, 2009

I said that ten years ago. I could not have been more wrong.
  6. djbreezy

djbreezy Advocate (510) Washington Dec 16, 2008

Burnside? Coalition? Migration? Weak beer if you ask me. Shit, throw Amnesia in there too while we're at it.
  7. CaptainTripps

CaptainTripps Initiate (0) Oregon Aug 8, 2010

Thats the great thing about Portland, you can make crappy beer and still be in business. (Will say though, Amnesia does have some good stuff from time to time, but I really agree with Burnside, I really don't know how they are still in business; can't stand anything they make).
  8. ramnuts

ramnuts Aficionado (235) Oregon Feb 16, 2009

HUB? Cascade's Barrel House? Upright? I enjoy Amnesia and Migration has done some solid work, too - especially their annual fresh hop lineup.
  9. RedMedicine

RedMedicine Savant (340) Oregon Jun 3, 2005

Most cities would kill to have a some of our "weaker" breweries in town. Having lived in several of those cities, you will never see the day that I am too spoiled to say we don't need another. Plus, I kind of like Migration.