1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Jolly Pumpkin Batch 1 Bambic value

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by Kaydogg, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Kaydogg

Kaydogg Savant (385) Pennsylvania Jan 5, 2011

Don't see this bottle up to often...this was the 750ml bottle ..I believe there was less than 200 bottles..2010.. thoughts?
  2. SpdKilz

SpdKilz Advocate (700) Illinois Jan 8, 2009

As for some stats: I think there were 180 bottles, only released at the Ann Arbor JP brewpub.

We just had a huge JP tasting last weekend and we had batch 1, 2, and 4 (which was mislabeled - was actually 3). Batch 1 was the unanimous pick as the best.

Value wise...that is hard. JP I feel is a brewery that is not hyped nearly as much as others. However, the 750 being Batch 1 is the tastiest batch and relatively rare.
    AleWatcher likes this.
  3. Pahn

Pahn Advocate (695) New York Dec 2, 2009

it's weird... if i'm not mistaken, JP were starting to get some serious buzz when i started posting on BA at the end of 2009 (or if not "starting to", then "they were getting serious buzz then"). maybe i'm wrong, but i thought their name was sort of growing in recognition and respect. then over the last couple years they seemed to fade into the background, even though they make the same beers (all of which, i would think, fit into the "beer climate" even better now than 3 years ago).

not my personal favorite brewery (love weizenbam, lukewarm on la roja and the funky/sour stout, don't remember any others), but they don't seem to get the love you'd expect.

---

p.s. feel really stupid writing 'serious buzz' sincerely, but what can you do.
  4. Kaydogg

Kaydogg Savant (385) Pennsylvania Jan 5, 2011

going to be drinking a growler of Batch 4 tomorrow night..I love this stuff
    but I never see a batch 1 bottle on the trade block
  5. sarro

sarro Savant (345) Michigan May 12, 2009

Hard to say what its worth outright. I only have one 750 left and my JP trades have been ranged from DDG's to locals.
    Enjoy that growler!
    Kaydogg likes this.
  6. ohiobeer29

ohiobeer29 Savant (465) Ohio Feb 2, 2013

just picked up batch 2 wondering if I should sit on it or drink it?