1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Juniors Jaunting for Brews BIF: Hints & Hauls

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by duceswild, May 28, 2012.

1. match1112

match1112 Initiate (0) Illinois Mar 2, 2011

Out test driving trucks and I get an e-mail telling me there is a 8lb box on my porch. Gonna see what this salesman thinks about a beer run! Will post pics later, I promise.
  2. Pelican5

Pelican5 Savant (310) California Feb 4, 2012

And...
  3. match1112

spank my ass and color me impressed! the salesman, not so much.
  4. match1112

Got my first box from Pelican5 today! What a complete surprise, I had no idea who was shipping to me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now for the list of beers!
    Sucaba (want)
    Parabola (always want)
    Wookey Jack (want)
    Walkers Reserve (want)
    Double Jack ( looking forward to revisiting)
    HOP in the Dark
    Hoppy Poppy IPA
    Black's Dawn Imp. Stout w/ coffee
    Victory @Sea (packed my last one in the box im sending out, so this is awesome)
    Fantome Hiver (my first fantome)
    Saison Rue (want)
    Supplication (always want)
    Inversion IPA x2(want)
    Sculpin x2(constantly want)
    Drakes IPA x2 (love trying new beers)
    Mirror Pond (want)
    Red Chair (always want)
    Black Butte (can never get enough)
    Velvet Merlin (awesome beer)

I think that's it for now, sorry if I missed something. Cant believe there is another box tomorrow! Pelican is a good dude and everyone should jump at the chance to trade with him.
  5. Bjohnston

Bjohnston Aficionado (145) Kentucky Dec 24, 2011

Excellent first box!
  6. That had to have been one huge box! Awesome.
  7. match1112

Only 8lbs. according to the shipping label.
  8. Pelican5

Glad everything arrived safely and next time I'll thrown out some more obvious hints. Enjoy Matt!

Food and some other stuff arrives tomorrow. Hope to at least match that monster you sent me last round. Still enjoying them :)

I put down 8 lbs as an "generous" "estimate" as my postal scale is currently out of service.
  9. that hoppy poppy is an awesome brew! pelican5 sent that to me in the first round, great stuff.
  10. laxer8811

laxer8811 Savant (340) New York Sep 13, 2006

same with the black dawn, great coffee stout....
  11. Just spoke to the brewery from which my local glass is coming--the glasses are presently running late. I'm going to see what I can do about getting another glass (and some food) out sooner--jjheinrichs, I'm sorry for the delay.
  12. jjheinrichs

jjheinrichs Savant (370) Wisconsin Apr 13, 2010

no worries.
  13. laxer8811

delivery for my food item got screwed up, will be there on tuesday
  14. The wife informed me that 2 very heavy boxes arrived from ncaudle. I wont be home until late and will likely be very inebriated. Will post the haul first thing tomorrow!

Cheers Nicolas.
  15. Pelican5

Box # 2 is on the porch
  16. match1112

After a long day in St.Louis at the golf course, I'm finally back home, and too tired to post pics. Once again big thanks to Pelican5 for an outstanding box and I will post pics in the morning. Must sleep now.
  17. Just got an awesome two boxes fronm thebouch01! Thanks Kevin!!!! Got several wants, hot beer nuts (which are gone BTW), BA 4D, Pumpkin Butter (haven't tried yet). Awesome. Weyerbacher Riserva, Speedway, great haul. Thanks!

[​IMG]
  18. I have several boxes ready for shipping on Monday :) The beer will ship on time, but I'm trying to coordinate the food item. The things I want to send are temperature sensitive and I will have to reconsider I think...

That being said I have a few wants, but I am sending two nice sized boxes of just beer to my target. One BA bottle was recently released in my city and is one of 420 bottles released.
  19. Just to clarify, I am NOT sending JUST beer :) I just need to figure the logistics of my food item, which I planned to send with the glassware. The first two boxes shipped on Monday though will be just beer, but I need to ask for some food shipping advice from a guy I know who specializes in such things :)
  20. jjheinrichs

jjheinrichs Savant (370) Wisconsin Apr 13, 2010

whole lotta great beers up in there.
  21. For real there are. When I get back from Indy Sunday I'll list them, but I had to leave and go get some sour reserve :D
  22. laxer8811

according to tracking number boxes should be there today, that is if fedex delivers on Saturday.....food item will be there tuesday
  23. So ncaudle is a ridiculously generous BA. A huge haul of beers that are all completely new to me. Here's what was in those amazing boxes my wife had difficulty dragging into the house yesterday:

[​IMG]
    Non-beer items:
    • Williamsburg Alewerks Snifter
    • Blue Mountain Coasters
    • Peanut Brittle (my wife has been harassing me all morning to take the photo so she can open this)
    • Pumpkin Butter
    • Blueberry Preserves
    • Doc Pierce's Barbeque Sauce
    All very cool - can't wait to break into some of this stuff.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I've been running around the house calling this picture the money shot, had to explain that one to the wife and she wasn't pleased. ncaudle put a huge dent in my wants list with these. I'm willing to bet we all recognize the bottles here. I was like a little kid on Christmas unwrapping them.
    Seriously amazing boxes, thanks again Nicolas. You killed it.

Cheers.
  24. dumptruck81

dumptruck81 Savant (360) Texas Dec 28, 2011

Well bouch, I finally found the original food item I wanted to send you. Looks like I'll be shipping it out on Monday.
  25. laxer8811

FedEx has let me down, target will get box on Monday.......damn them
  26. ncaudle

ncaudle Advocate (605) Virginia May 28, 2010

rochesteraaron,
    open the Isabel over a sink with glasses ready - apparently Blue Mtn issued a recall on that bottle yesterday after being released for only 1 week. I've opened 2 Isabels with no issues other than it being overcarbed but apparently there have been issues with other bottles, ie, corks exploding in bottle shops... drink sooner rather than later.

re: the Legends, yes a '10 and a '11. note the '10 is 15+% while the '11 is only about 13%
    ( I now remember/realize I didn't include a note with the packages)
  27. Pelican5

More great hauls, love it. Cheers to Saturday
  28. match1112

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry for the delay, had a busy weekend. This is the contents from the second box that Rick (Pelican5) was kind enough to send me. the beers are 2 more Sculpin, Red Chair, Black Butte, Mirror Pond, Velvet Merlin, Adam and a KBS. I also received a Rusian River glass to enjoy these tasty brews from, along with two packages of beef jerky that my son will probably steal from meand a jar of garlic stuffed olives!
  29. match1112

Packing my box for shipment tomorrow. Hit several of my target's "big" wants, wish I could see the look on his face when he opens this one up. Gonna ship two boxes, the one with beer and the other with glasses and snacks. Cheers!
  30. Pelican5

Glad everything made it and hope you enjoy Matt. Cheer my friend!
  31. duceswild

duceswild Advocate (740) Maryland Feb 8, 2010

Hope u didn't leave a KBS rolling around in ur car.
  32. duceswild

duceswild Advocate (740) Maryland Feb 8, 2010

Dropped my box of yesterday and it should be at my target midweek. Will be going to a state were there is fairly large mall.
  33. match1112

dont worry, its safe in the cellar.
  34. djmichaelk

djmichaelk Savant (385) Florida Jul 6, 2008

Dropped a shipment off today for my target. I was surprised to actually be able to get it into only two boxes (a "10 pound" and a "15 pound" box; we'll see if Fedex notices). 389oz heading to a city that has been the subject of at least one nighttime soap.
  35. match1112

Could you resend my targets address? I think you sent yours by mistake.
  36. laxer8811

well fed ex is running slow, my target will get food item and 3 boxes tomorrow.....
  37. My targets box should arrive by Thurs. in the northeast :) Two boxes with beer and the glassware (11 12oz bottles and a glass in a 12 shipper and a six shipper with a mix of 750's and bombers) I have another idea on the food item I'm exploring and hope to get concluded before tomorrow
  38. 2 boxes are on there way to my target and slated for Wed delivery. The 12-bottle shipper had an old shipping tag from my targets hometown... I'm wondering if they were a previous owner of the shipper.
  39. ISO: Charleville Hairy Cow Wee Heavy?
  40. Wait, which one is it?!?