1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Just fell in love with a one and done.

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by SawDog505, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Def the stone ruination 10. And the 15th Ann. Two best beers I've had to date.

dianimal likes this.
  2. Looking for it where?

3. stealth

stealth Advocate (545) Minnesota Dec 16, 2011

Surly Five...but apparently Surly is bringing it back as an annual release this spring :) :)

Fluke828 likes this.
  4. bourbon county vanilla is the first one that comes to mind for me. occasionally i'll make a poor man's bcv by adding a drop of bourbon vanilla to regular bcbs, which isn't bad, but just not the same. honorable mentions to king henry and ruination 10. i see no reason why at least the latter two won't be brewed again...

Brew42 likes this.
  5. jlenik

jlenik Savant (435) New Jersey Jan 22, 2009

Allagash Victor Francenstein

6. Derrick Rose. He could have really changed the game even if he stayed just one more year. Wait, what?

MRLMedic and AmJo like this.
  7. Creetoper

Creetoper Aficionado (180) Ohio Jul 7, 2011

Oh, how sad for you. :rolleyes:

zookerman182 likes this.
  8. brikelly

brikelly Savant (430) New Hampshire Apr 11, 2010

There are a few still sitting on a shelf in Colonial in Acton MA. I picked an '09 up there myself on New Year's Eve.

9. beercanman

beercanman Savant (485) Ohio Dec 17, 2012

I second this. Amazing beer

Theniz likes this.
  10. Cool, thanks a lot!

11. More brown than black

jcos, SanFranJake, dunix and 4 others like this.
  12. A beer that has eluded me on several occasions. Still holding on to hope. Maybe someday.

13. All of the one-off Bourbon Counties.

pschul4 likes this.
  14. Thomas hardy ale

15. Stone more brown than black..... Great hoppy beer. I think it would sell really well as a regular release

Enjoy

danoeltico likes this.
  16. LambicKing

LambicKing Advocate (655) Florida Apr 13, 2011

Came here to say this.

17. jsurfs82

jsurfs82 Savant (380) Ohio May 13, 2008

I think Stone needs to solo brew the Mint Chocolate Stout. It's a great brew and those collaboration beers are usually one and done. I hope not for this, I've bought about a case of these now for $3.99 a single.

18. jsurfs82

jsurfs82 Savant (380) Ohio May 13, 2008

Had a tasting of some of the top rated stouts and rarest and this was still a big hit!

19. Speaking of Browns... Janet's Brown Ale. Best brown I've ever had. Not thinking Ill have it again and Browns aren't even my bagg, baby.

20. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

Goose Island Dominique... What truly peaked me into the world of sours.

IMSPEAKNOENGLISH likes this.
  21. Danny1217

Danny1217 Advocate (645) Florida Jul 15, 2011

There are still Stone 10th Anniversary Ruination bottles sitting around a couple shops here. It's ridiculous, and I feel like having it now it won't really match up to how good it was fresh.

Hopstout likes this.
  22. i think it depends on the price of Andes mints on the free market.

23. Ballast Point / Stone / Kelsey McNair collab, session ale. i had it fresh...holy shit was it good. funny thing, i was on 9th st. at Good Beer a year later and found some bottles... for some reason i bought them, you can imagine how a 4.4% beer taste with a year on it.

Thorpe429 and TheMonkfish like this.
  24. 7clutch

7clutch Savant (255) Florida Sep 14, 2012

There's nothing like walking into a pub and seeing 20-30 ales on cask (and for how expensive everything else is there, some incredible cask ale can be found dirt cheap at the right pubs).

BedetheVenerable likes this.
  25. KevSal

KevSal Advocate (605) California Oct 17, 2010

Kalinda!

Damn you kalinda why do you have to be so delicious yet so scarce

*pounds ground with clentched fists*

Why, Damn you!

Although the #1 on the label leads me to believe a second (and hopefully third!) brew is on the way. Let's hope it's equally as good

Something I just mentioned in another thread, but I want Firestone to make the mission street anniversary blend 2011 recipe again...

26. pixieskid

pixieskid Advocate (660) Germany Jun 4, 2009

only 4 left...i feel so bad for you :p

27. podunkparte

podunkparte Initiate (0) Washington Nov 14, 2009

It's for sale right now at Bruery Provisions. I saw plenty over my Xmas vacation down there. Maybe post up a thread in the Pacific forum to see if anyone near Orange will snag you a bottle or two.

28. Stone ba 12th aniversary bitter chocolate RIS. And every other beer they had at the stone total tap takeover.

29. In Connecticut, which was a total bust, and here in MD. I found a few shops that carry Bruery, but no Otiose

30. I believe it's reserve society only. Never supposed to hit shelves. Try trading for it. Shouldn't be difficult.

31. Meh, Im not huge on trading. Thanks for the information though, I didn't know otiose was a RS beer. I suppose a little more in depth research would have told me that though haha

32. stealth

stealth Advocate (545) Minnesota Dec 16, 2011

It's confusing because later on twitter someone asks about the release and he says February...course Surly has nothing to say about the matter so we are all left wondering. I'm still being hopeful that its released this spring!

33. This had a similar flavor, but bigger and better.

34. manutdfan

manutdfan Initiate (0) Florida May 25, 2012

moat water

35. mklisz

mklisz Advocate (620) New Hampshire Dec 31, 2010

Alehouse in Amesbury, MA has it on draft if you need another taste.

36. TheMonkfish

TheMonkfish Initiate (0) Chad Jan 8, 2012

I never had the commercial beer but I recently brewed this recipe - tapped the keg last week and it's pretty darn tasty. Mitch Steele said that he tried some at 6 months out an it was still crazy hoppy.

37. Cigar City's 110K+OT Batch #2 - I.R.I.S.
    Stone 12th Ann. Bitter Choc. Oat. Stout
    Natty Greene's Oak Aged Farmhouse Sour

38. For me it is Sierra Nevada's Anniversary Barleywine
    Also Stone's Belgo Anise RIS, I love that beer. I know most others will disagree.

39. suspect

suspect Savant (400) New York Apr 12, 2010

Ithaca Dark Humor. It was a Sour Brown fermented with Brett and it was fantastic.