1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Just fell in love with a one and done.

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by SawDog505, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Danny1217

Danny1217 Advocate (645) Florida Jul 15, 2011

I'm serious, it saddens me. It makes me feel like I should have bought more than just two bottles. People here in Miami just don't seem to know all the good beer spots. So a beer like 10th Anniversary sells out within days at Total Wine, but is left on shelves as a liquor store near my house.

SawDog505 likes this.
  2. Ok, sad I missed the 2012 Winter Ale then. I didn't realize the Winter Ale changed from year to year (like the Anniversary Ales) and was made the same as the 5th Anniversary DIPA. Cheers!

3. At least you got two, I only got one! It was so freakin' good and all I could do the whole time I was drinking was be pissed at myself. I must have walked by this beer 20x while it sat on the shelves for a couple of weeks. Leave it up to me to wait just until they sold out to try it.

4. BeerNDoggerel

BeerNDoggerel Savant (340) Illinois Mar 13, 2011

Two Brothers' Revelry

5. fmccormi

fmccormi Champion (770) Florida Oct 24, 2010

Ommegang Ommegeddon. I've already asked them :-(

6. landrewg

landrewg Aficionado (235) Michigan Nov 11, 2008

Founders Sappy Slappy Bastard

It's basically Backwoods Bastard aged in maple barrels. Everytime I see anyone from Founders I ask about it.
    "Maybe some day..."

VonZipper likes this.
  7. La Terroir for me. I know that New Belgium is releasing it again at some point, but it is only their second time making it and sour beers can be tough to replicate. I hope it will be the same as I remember.

Hannibalism likes this.
  8. Cenosillicaphobe

Cenosillicaphobe Savant (360) Maine Jul 24, 2011

I'm sorry, what I had heard was in reference to Rye'da Tiger.

9. Cenosillicaphobe

Cenosillicaphobe Savant (360) Maine Jul 24, 2011

That sounds Godly.

10. vonnegut21

vonnegut21 Advocate (545) New York Apr 27, 2012

It's in barrels as we speak.

Back on topic, Stone 15th Anniversiary Escondidian Black IPA. This one needs to come back a la Sublimely Self-Righteous.

BergBeer likes this.
  11. Olfabrikken porter for me. It wasn't really a limited beer, but they haven't made it for a couple years. It was delicious, I wish I could find another bottle

12. RoninTK3

RoninTK3 Savant (290) New Hampshire Nov 12, 2012

Smutty Rye IPA short batch from this summer. I bought two and finished the second one a couple months ago. They're doing a Rye IPA as a big beer this year, but it's not going to be the same beer.

13. Oakshire Heart Shaped Box was one I would really like to have again.

14. imduffman

imduffman Aficionado (170) Ohio Oct 22, 2012

Budweiser american ale

15. Stone 10th Anni Ruination was first to come to mind, but also have to mention Avery's 14th Anniversary Beer. Picked up many a bottle of that but unfortunately had the last a couple years ago.

16. TheMonkfish

TheMonkfish Initiate (0) Chad Jan 8, 2012

17. timc100

timc100 Savant (315) Illinois Aug 13, 2012

Zes Zes Zes... was lucky to have had 6 bombers though

harperman69 likes this.
  18. Franch

Franch Advocate (540) New York Mar 22, 2011

hill farmstead civil disobedience 4.5. i asked if it was going to come back and shaun hill was like O_O oh god....what even was in that? and he and phil talked and concluded it was from a certain tank and neither was sure what exactly it was.

19. Jubel 2010

robwestcott likes this.
  20. King Henry and BCBVS. Both were unreal!!!

21. It is a horrible feeling!

22. WOW. BB tasted like the best piece of candy ever. Adding maple to that? I might move to Michigan just to increase my chances to try this.

23. MarkJBurch

MarkJBurch Savant (485) New York Jun 24, 2012

Ellicotville Brewing Company's Nut Brown. Wasn't just one, more like five. But I have yet to seen it again.

utopiajane likes this.
  24. jRocco2021

jRocco2021 Savant (395) Wisconsin Mar 13, 2010

I bet it's a lot like when you have to decide which Ferrari to sell off to make room for a new model. That shit always happens to me :( FML....

Thickfreakness likes this.
  25. Man what a bourbon bomb that was and at 6 dollars a pour it was hard on both me and my wallet to choke down.

If they bottled it I am sure after a year it would be amazing but I have never had so much bourbon in a beer since "Heavy Seas - The Great'er Pumpkin"
    http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/898/60505

Man do I hate boozy tasting beer!

26. phildo7pt9

phildo7pt9 Zealot (85) California May 1, 2011

I'll take a white chocolate off your hands :)

27. kylelenk tells me that Founders maple BA program is really expensive for them. The particular syrup maker from which they get the barrels sells miniscule amounts of their syrup for insane amounts of money. I imagine those barrels are equally expensive and in dearth quantity.

With that said, I envy you. I've never had Better Half, SSB, or CBS. Sigh...

28. guyinchicago

guyinchicago Zealot (95) Illinois Apr 3, 2009

I really think that they will make Vanilla again at some point.

So Rare and Henry.

29. I don't think I've ever had a truly one-off beer, but in terms of the likelihood of me finding it again, I'd say BCBCS. kylelenk was gracious enough to share one of his bottles with me (he, too, was incredibly surprised to find them); it was delicious.

30. I think that I am one of the few people in the universe that really liked Stone Vertical Epic 12/12/12. However, I'm not sure if this counts because even though it was a 'one and done', there are bottles still in stores all over the area. I will definitely have it again, but I'm still putting it out there.

Sticking with Stone I will reiterate the 15th Anniversary Escondidian Black IPA. That was a genuinely top notch 'Black IPA', which is normally a style that I avoid pretty regularly.

31. terrapin gamma ray, stone japanese green tea ipa collab. i tear up when i think about the stone collab. that beer was magical

32. i can get you more of that...

33. Imperial Biscotti. Then they decided to make more! There still is hope for you.

34. No, terrible is not having any & never tasting it in the first place.
    And BA English Barleywines are my favorite style.
    FML

35. OnWisconsin

OnWisconsin Savant (355) Wisconsin Aug 14, 2012

I don't know why exactly but it was this years Central Waters Brewers Reserve Bourbon Barrel Stout. I have many more and hope they continue to age this for a full year every year now!!

36. jglowe77

jglowe77 Initiate (0) Massachusetts Jan 24, 2011

Message me and lets work something out

37. FEUO

FEUO Initiate (0) Ontario (Canada) Jul 24, 2012

Hopslam and Kuhnhenn BB4D. I mourn the last bottle.

38. So delicious this year. I only managed to keep one bottle for aging because I couldn't stop drinking it fresh!

39. Casedogg43

Casedogg43 Savant (490) Indiana Jan 4, 2012

Stone 10th was terrific.
    15th, not so much for me.

Murda'd was a lights out one and done. Luckily, got my hands on a couple.

phildo7pt9 likes this.
  40. jRocco2021

jRocco2021 Savant (395) Wisconsin Mar 13, 2010

I was being sarcastic I can't honestly feel bad for someone who complains about only having 4 left. That sucks man I at least got to try it (see avatar) but I only got 6oz's of it total 2oz'z at a time even then I still feel lucky that I got to try it. It's not the end of the world though I'm sure you've got to try stuff other people would kill for.

fujindemon74 likes this.