1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Just fell in love with a one and done.

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by SawDog505, Jan 2, 2013.

1. I recognized your sarcasm and raised you.
    No worry bro.

I would drink the shit out of King Henry though, given the chance.
  2. jRocco2021

jRocco2021 Savant (395) Wisconsin Mar 13, 2010

Well I have been working on a trade to get one from a friend of mine. Got anything you wanna trade? I could BM you if/when I get it.
    fujindemon74 likes this.
  3. loafinaround

loafinaround Savant (370) New York Jul 16, 2011

I miss weasel poop! (mikeller beer geek breakfast-weasel edition)
  4. I have nothing in the King Henry/whale category to trade.
    I have stuff to trade, just no whales.
  5. morimech

morimech Advocate (665) Minnesota Nov 6, 2006

Both have been mentioned. Surly Four tops the list. The only beer Surly has topped this with was the '07 Darkness which there are probably less than 50 bottles left in existance and most likely past their peak. Four was also the last Surly limited release that was somewhat widely available and around for a few months.

My other is Schell's Burton Ale. The best $9 6-pack ever to come out of this state.
  6. Nectar

Nectar Savant (310) New Jersey Jan 17, 2013

No matter what it is, I tend to love it on the basis that ill likely never have it again.

Kind of like women I pick up at a bar... le sigh. 20 somethings problems.
    waddellc2 likes this.
  7. jRocco2021

jRocco2021 Savant (395) Wisconsin Mar 13, 2010

Most BA's seem to use KH more like a crowbar in a trade than anything else and those people are dicks. To me it's only as valuable as what it cost me and what lengths it took to get it. So trading my friend for a beer he got from the liquor store he works at doesn't really rank high on the list difficulty. "Whales" would not be necessary but this is hypothetical anyways lol I'll BM you if I get it and you can make me an offer. There are plenty of beers available in PA I could never get so I wouldn't worry about being able to work out a trade.
    fujindemon74 likes this.
  8. Brooklyn's Cookie Jar Porter immediately comes to mind, but at the expense of forming a tear in my eye.

I liken my experience to falling in love at first sight and bringing them home with you for the night... only to wake up alone the next morning. Man, I miss that freaking beer on these cold winter nights.
    ShogoKawada likes this.
  9. jmaharaj

jmaharaj Aficionado (125) Maryland Jul 16, 2012

Its on tap at Max's in Baltimore. Still Delicious.
  10. You really should drink those before they fall off.
  11. bostonlogga

bostonlogga Zealot (85) Washington Jan 13, 2013

Alpine & new Belgium super ipa
  12. AndrewUVM

AndrewUVM Aspirant (35) Nov 21, 2012

The Bruery - Orchard White
  13. Hopstout

Hopstout Savant (325) Minnesota Dec 15, 2011

Ruination 10th Anniversary

Bell's This One Goes to 11

Summit Silver Anniversary Ale
    gtermi likes this.
  14. diamondc

diamondc Savant (320) Texas May 30, 2006

Shiner Smokehaus, damnit
  15. Thirstygoat

Thirstygoat Savant (260) Illinois Nov 22, 2012

Dark Horse Three Guys Off the Scale Barleywine
    cestlavie likes this.
  16. A little over a year ago I spent $10.99 on Durty when it was a short batch. My dream happened, Smuttynose brought it back and even better you can purchase a twelve pack for as little as $13.99. I also noticed someone mentioned Ruinten and Stone wisely brought that back. Any one else have a great beer come back, that they feared wouldn't?
    VelvetExtract likes this.
  17. nc41

nc41 Advocate (600) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

Old Hickory Blendiculous 2 is a double hopped India Brown, done in Balcone Whiskey barrels. Check it out if you get a chance, only 1200 bottles released.
    ncstateplaya likes this.
  18. Buzzardsuds

Buzzardsuds Initiate (0) Ohio May 27, 2013

Hell yeah!
    c64person likes this.
  19. Herky21

Herky21 Advocate (585) Iowa Aug 7, 2011

"only" 4 left??? You are not allowed to use a frowny face. I only have 0.

I'd agree with King Henry and for a newer beer I'd add Anicca - and if they do bring it back I hope the change the font to appear less offensive.

The C's look like G's.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=bee...Fbeerpulse.com%2Fbeer%2Fannica-ipa%2F;600;385
  20. joeebbs

joeebbs Savant (360) Pennsylvania Apr 29, 2009

Philadelphia Brewing Co Pharmhouse Arrest. I just happened to be buying a growler for a friend's birthday and it was on tap. Loved it and I emailed them if they would make it again and they said haven't decided if they were going to brew it again. That was 2011.

http://philadelphiabrewing.com/projects/pharmhouse-arrest/
  21. aasher

aasher Champion (900) Indiana Jan 27, 2010

Well now I only have one left but Bourbon County Barleywine makes everything ok and it looks like they should be doing that one every year.
  22. dzyneguru

dzyneguru Savant (360) Minnesota Jan 15, 2010

Only Four?!? I had to give up my left nut for the one I have. On an unrelated note, ISO: one left nut
  23. I was waiting for you to reply to this thread with "Cool Colt", lol.
  24. Dug one up while sorting through stuff in the cellar of my store. Drinking mighty fine at three-and-change years in.

Also, Night Shift Art #12. Damn, that stuff was good.
    Providence likes this.
  25. Ballast Point Homework Series #2 - Belgian DIPA.
  26. bleakies

bleakies Savant (365) Massachusetts Apr 11, 2011

I tend to look for lowish-abv brews because I'm usually more inclined to quaff than to sip, yet somehow this week I picked up six- or four-packs of Smuttynose Durty, Firestone Walker Double Jack, and Founders Imperial Stout. I've got a lot of one-and-doneing to do.
  27. Bell's This One Goes to 11 Imperial Red Ale
    riotinmyskull likes this.
  28. Jirin

Jirin Savant (310) Massachusetts Apr 28, 2013

Uinta Sea Legs Baltic Porter
  29. DaltonC

DaltonC Savant (300) Idaho Oct 10, 2013

You can get this at their brewery in San Diego, they re-brew it every year, now for a new, mass-distributed release I could see them doing a 15th anniversary in 3 years or or a 20th anniversary in 8 years.
    jnoble likes this.
  30. Jack's Abby ABCS

Maine Beer Co. Collaboration Time with Lawson's
  31. Greywulfken

Greywulfken Champion (900) New York Aug 25, 2010

A heart-breaking duo to encounter, fall in love with, and then never see again...
    [​IMG]
    Bramble Rye and King Henry (Big John was like the third wheel - lol)
    franklinn and josephwa like this.
  32. josephwa

josephwa Advocate (595) Minnesota Jun 4, 2012

CBS

Please make it a regular release Founders!
    bilhelm likes this.
  33. SeanBond

SeanBond Savant (310) Illinois Jul 30, 2013

Proprietor's Coconut and Beer Hates Astronauts are the two for me. Yeah I've still got a little Proprietor's left, but I don't wanna drink it, because I know it's almost the end...

Beer hates astronauts is like the awesome lovechild of Zombie Dust and Citra Ninja.
  34. Loganyoung

Loganyoung Savant (255) Georgia Jul 16, 2011

That isn't brunch?

35. Completely agree, RuinTen is not nearly the beer as the 10th Anniversary, regardless of whether they claim the recipe was the same.
    Hopstout likes this.
  36. coldy

coldy Aficionado (205) Pennsylvania Sep 16, 2010

I love me some vintage sam adams triple bock. Dont know if they will conitnue to make it at so epoint. Great to sip in the winter
  37. Cigar City Tiramisu Stout
  38. jrman1386

jrman1386 Aficionado (210) Illinois Oct 22, 2011

Three Floyds/Half Acre Colab Anica.
    Christopper, jcos and Dan_Bowman like this.
  39. Stone Espresso RIS. Just had my last one. So easy to drink and cheap.
    dianimal and jakecattleco like this.