1. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $14.99 (US/print only). Offer ends April 30. Subscribe now! (Because great beer deserves great stories AND readers.)

Just finished my first Jai Alai...

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by tectactoe, Feb 8, 2013.

1. CCB hasn't had infection issues for a while now. Even when they did it was only a few batches (the infected guava grove is still sought after)

2. krl2112

krl2112 Advocate (620) Illinois Nov 10, 2012

Man I love all of CCBs various stouts (BA imperial sweet, Huna, moat water), but I guess I just am not a fan of hoppy beers. Had one of these last week as an extra and I just could not finish it. Just not my cup of tea.

3. Only a few batches? I had six consecutive (different) beers from CC that were badly infected God's honest truth... Six different beers, with witnesses.

4. The only infected beer I ever got was sea bass, and that was years ago

Finatic likes this.
  5. Finatic

Finatic Savant (300) Florida Jan 16, 2011

Ditto the rarity. I know they had some issues a few years back, but I have not seen or heard of any infections within the past 12-18 months.

dachshunddude86 likes this.
  6. LuisQ

LuisQ Aficionado (165) Florida Jan 9, 2013

Have a good amount of jai alai and white oak jai alai sitting around if anyone want's to work something out. just BM me and I'll be more than willing to help a fellow BA out. ;)

7. Oh, no, that's what happened to me, though. I had an old bottle, I'm assuming, and thought it was well below average and thought everybody was crazy. But later on I got some really fresh Sculpin and it was heavy duty hitting the spot. What is tl;dr?

fmccormi likes this.
  8. fmccormi

fmccormi Champion (780) Florida Oct 24, 2010

"too long; didn't read"

Just a way of summing up a longer post, in case a reader's not particularly inclined to read the whole thing. I've been told I write too much sometimes :)

9. Oh, gotcha. Na, I need to brush up on my reading skills anyway. They are waning.

fmccormi likes this.
  10. Last time I had it I thought it was average to good, but far from fantastic. Time to try it again (if we ever see fresh stuff here in PA).

11. We do. The case I bought last week at Exton Beverage was canned on 12/27 and it was excellent.

Kadonny likes this.