1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Just finished my first Jai Alai...

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by tectactoe, Feb 8, 2013.

1. CCB hasn't had infection issues for a while now. Even when they did it was only a few batches (the infected guava grove is still sought after)

2. krl2112

krl2112 Advocate (575) Illinois Nov 10, 2012

Man I love all of CCBs various stouts (BA imperial sweet, Huna, moat water), but I guess I just am not a fan of hoppy beers. Had one of these last week as an extra and I just could not finish it. Just not my cup of tea.

3. Only a few batches? I had six consecutive (different) beers from CC that were badly infected God's honest truth... Six different beers, with witnesses.

4. The only infected beer I ever got was sea bass, and that was years ago

Finatic likes this.
  5. Finatic

Finatic Savant (300) Florida Jan 16, 2011

Ditto the rarity. I know they had some issues a few years back, but I have not seen or heard of any infections within the past 12-18 months.

dachshunddude86 likes this.
  6. LuisQ

LuisQ Aficionado (145) Florida Jan 9, 2013

Have a good amount of jai alai and white oak jai alai sitting around if anyone want's to work something out. just BM me and I'll be more than willing to help a fellow BA out. ;)

7. Oh, no, that's what happened to me, though. I had an old bottle, I'm assuming, and thought it was well below average and thought everybody was crazy. But later on I got some really fresh Sculpin and it was heavy duty hitting the spot. What is tl;dr?

fmccormi likes this.
  8. fmccormi

fmccormi Champion (760) New York Oct 24, 2010

"too long; didn't read"

Just a way of summing up a longer post, in case a reader's not particularly inclined to read the whole thing. I've been told I write too much sometimes :)

9. Oh, gotcha. Na, I need to brush up on my reading skills anyway. They are waning.

fmccormi likes this.
  10. Last time I had it I thought it was average to good, but far from fantastic. Time to try it again (if we ever see fresh stuff here in PA).

11. We do. The case I bought last week at Exton Beverage was canned on 12/27 and it was excellent.

Kadonny likes this.