1. One Hundred Mags (Rule). Check out the sneak peek of BeerAdvocate magazine #100, plus some of the changes coming your way.

kane tap takeover last night...

Discussion in 'US - Mid-Atlantic' started by swetsastonic, Mar 13, 2013.

1. this was at the cloverleaf last night...

[​IMG]

1. Head High (IPA)
    2. Overhead (DIPA)
    3. Dry-Hopped Single Fin
    (Belgian Blonde)
    4. Silent Nights 2011 (Imperial Stout aged 1 year)
    5. Morning Bell (Imperial Coffee Milk Porter)
    6. Port Omna (American Stout)
    7. Malus (Belgian DS w/Apple Cider)

8. Quad (Belgian Quad, the Base Beer for 365)
    9. Bourbon Barrel-Aged Head High
    10. Bourbon Barrel-Aged Overhead
    11. Drift Wood (Barrel-Aged Drift Line Oatmeal Brown Ale)
    12. Bourbon Barrel Aged Port Omna
    13. A Night to End All Dawns (Aged over 15 Months in Bourbon Barrels )
    14. Solitude (Belgian Dark Strong)
    15. Double Dry-Hopped Head High
    16. Double Dry-Hopped Overhead
    17. “Specialty” Port Omna

some really interesting beers.

2. SeanS

SeanS Aficionado (125) New York Feb 13, 2013

I loved their Overhead when I had it at TIH3. Will make a visit to their brewery soon.

3. xnicknj

xnicknj Advocate (730) Pennsylvania May 25, 2009

4. dmac621

dmac621 Aficionado (210) New Jersey Nov 26, 2008

5. The tap takeover looked awesome, I am going to try and make the Celebration of the Stout.

6. smonice

smonice Initiate (0) New Jersey Aug 10, 2012

I will be there for sure...hoping to get a few growlers filled for myself and other BAs!

7. rgilbert

rgilbert Savant (310) New Jersey Jul 4, 2010

Oh dear lord that looks awesome. Might have to hit this up.

8. The Stout celebration looks amazing! When are they going to start bottling their beers?

9. smonice

smonice Initiate (0) New Jersey Aug 10, 2012

They have already bottled their 365 anniversary beer and the Kane Malus but when I asked last weekend about bottling the Head High or Overhead, they told me 1-2 years....

10. Where was this info yesterday when I had the night off?

11. I was there. Had an awesome time. Wasn't even all that packed. The mosaic dry hopped overhead was ridiculous. As was the regular overhead. I swear overhead keeps getting better each time I try it. Galaxy head high was outstanding. Morning bell, I have ranked higher than this years breakfast stout. Port omna creamsicle was interesting, did'nt pick up much of the orange. And lastly night to end dawns was a solid barrel aged stout but bourbon was waaaayy to strong and overpowering.

Hessian257 likes this.
  12. night to end all dawns is the next to be bottled. fairly soon too.

13. Hope they don't add Champagne yeast to this bottle.

14. I was there for a couple hours last night and had a great time. Highlights were definitely Mosaic Overhead, Galaxy Head High, and A Night to End All Dawns. Driftwood was decent, but the barrel character is always a bit overpowering in a relatively low ABV -bal beer. Sorachi Single Fin wasn't bad, but while I normally enjoy Sorachi Ace hops, I got a bit of the "lemon pledge" character that other refer to sometimes. The Creamsicle Port Omna was a letdown because it was all vanilla and no orange. The beer itself was tasty, but not what I was expecting.

15. xnicknj

xnicknj Advocate (730) Pennsylvania May 25, 2009

This must have turned out differently than when they did it last year - straight up orange creamsicle last time. Galaxy Head High is awesome as well, I wish they would do that more often.

16. how busy is it expected to be on saturday for the stout takeover at the brewery