1. Rating beers by attributes (look, smell, taste, feel, overall) is back! Read the latest update ...
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Karbach all inclusive thread

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by jamescain, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoustonZ33

HoustonZ33 Savant (335) Texas Sep 10, 2012

Or they would have to really, really like DR12 - tbh I'd be the one to do it but.....I already have my fair share of DR12 ;)

2. NiceFly

NiceFly Savant (375) Tajikistan Dec 22, 2011

If they are brewing a different IIPA it will be like getting two beers for one.
    Slap an American Barleywine tag on Rodeo Clown and send it out.

3. tx_beer_man

tx_beer_man Savant (260) Texas Jan 22, 2013

Just talked to my Kroger beer guy. Karbach's next limited release is coming with Barnburner Saison in cans. They plan to follow up with next F.U.N. will be Barnburner aged in white wine barrels. Also, they'll be doing BBA Hellfighter again due to popularity, but first bring Hellfighter Porter back.

4. champ103

champ103 Champion (870) Texas Sep 3, 2007

Regular Hellfighter has been on tap at plenty of places around town recently. Cottonwood, Guru Burgers, Hay Merchant, Flying Saucer, Gingerman, several Little Woodrows. I don't know if they still are at all those places, but within the last month there has been a resurgence.

5. mattchow

mattchow Savant (380) Texas Jun 24, 2012

Just saw a photo of a keg of BBA Krunkin Pumpkin. I wanna try it now.

TomHouTX likes this.
  6. tx_beer_man

Agreed.

7. rainerschuhsler

rainerschuhsler Savant (350) Texas May 17, 2012

Sounds so much better than the wine barrel aged Krunkin Pumpkin.

HoustonZ33 likes this.
  8. TomHouTX

TomHouTX Aficionado (150) Texas Dec 7, 2012

Regular Hellfighter Porter is supposed to be released in bombers next month.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=495390467173001

jaymesbawned, Ford and soultrain19 like this.
  9. tx_beer_man

ISO Bodacious FT SA BB2

10. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Initiate (0) Texas Apr 11, 2012

Not to me. The beer was very "Belgian" in character and wine barrel seems much more appropriate to me.

11. rainerschuhsler

It didn't read Belgian to me at all. The pumpkin in the regular Krunkin Pumpkin matched well with the sweet malty backbone. With the WBA version, the tart, almost acidic character I think clashed with the pumpkin. It left me longing for a sweeter, brown sugar or vanilla flavor to complement the pumpkin. The BBA version sounds like it might do that.

12. DanzBorin

If I'm at the right place right time I'd try it, but I really liked the WBA.

It was sour at first, but as it warmed the green apple skin flavor worked well with the pumpkin and spice.

It was a big surprise.

One thing I will suggest is never get a Cask Rodeo Clown. Had one last night and didn't like it at all. Flat, warm, and not a DIPA. Was like a flat American Barlewine that needed to be 10 degrees colder. lol

13. rainerschuhsler

Now that sounds terrible. WBA Rodeo Clown on the other hand sounds delicious.

Ahem. ISO: Bodacious. :rolleyes:

14. DanzBorin

WBA Rodeo Clown is indeed tasty.

Sadly all the tap takeovers are done because I got my fill at those. :D

I would have liked to try the BBA Rodeo Clown. Since it's pretty damn close to a barleywine, I bet bourbon barrels would have done it some good.

15. NiceFly

NiceFly Savant (375) Tajikistan Dec 22, 2011

Here is the response email:

Thanks so much for the kind words. We have changed it up a bit. The biggest change is the addition of Falconer’s Flight and a big increase in our dry hopping rates. Much bigger aroma. Specifically when you pop a can.

16. tx_beer_man

I tried BBA Rodeo Clown on cask @ Hay Merchant's 1st Anniv. Unbelievable. Love that sweet bourbon swig.

champ103 likes this.
  17. mattchow

Flying Saucer Sugar Land, I just have no idea when they plan on tapping it.

18. mattchow

there was BBA Rodeo Clown at Cedar Creek last night.

19. Tomlin091744

Tomlin091744 Aficionado (205) Texas Jun 16, 2008

Karbach tasting at Little Woodrow's in the Heights tonight, i have no idea what they will be tasting but, we are currently carrying bodacious, fra gee lay bottle, and versa, rodeo clown and pontificator on draft

champ103 likes this.
  20. BruceBruce

BruceBruce Initiate (0) Texas Dec 4, 2011

Anyone going to the Karbach bottle share?

21. HopAG

HopAG Savant (475) Texas Sep 22, 2012

When?

22. BruceBruce

23. HopAG

Looks like I'm going

24. BruceBruce

me too lol

25. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

I'll never understand why they schedule shit like this on a Thursday... no way I can make it out there.

26. leoingle

leoingle Aficionado (170) Texas Jan 28, 2013

I drink almost mainly APA, IPAs and IIPA. Am I the only one that can drink and enjoy almost any IPA except Hopadillo?? I dont know what it is, but it is very hard for me to drink it.

27. HoustonZ33

HoustonZ33 Savant (335) Texas Sep 10, 2012

BBA Krunkin' Pumpkin sounds infinitely better then WBA - I couldn't hang... was not feeling it at all.

28. HoodooOperator

HoodooOperator Savant (275) Texas Sep 27, 2012

29. DonD

DonD Aficionado (240) Texas Jun 23, 2008

Surprised the bottle share is still accepting people. Figured it would have been shut down in an hour or so. The email was sent at 5pm yesterday and said they were capping it at 40 people. Then again, there were only 40 people on the email. But I would assume the link was shared instantly.

30. Crack2000

Crack2000 Aficionado (200) Texas Dec 10, 2010

I jumped on it immediately. Last one was a blast and some quality offerings; I will definitely be stepping up my game this time around

31. TexasStout

TexasStout Savant (255) Texas Jun 22, 2007

Yes, it is only you. ;) Personally, I prefer the taste of Hopadillo over Rodeo Clown, but neither ranks high on my favorites list for IPAs/IIPAs.

BruceBruce likes this.
  32. HopAG

MMMHMMMM

The form is now inactive!

33. ThirdEyePA

ThirdEyePA Savant (370) Texas Nov 7, 2011

Agreed. I liked Hopadillo over Rodeo Clown. Rodeo Clown was too sweet for me.

34. wsnich

wsnich Savant (410) Texas Apr 26, 2010

I'll be attending. No idea what I can get lined up in that short amount of time though

35. BruceBruce

Rodeo Clown is not what I expect from a DIPA at all, that being said hopadillo isn't bad

36. BruceBruce

Really, lol, five min in your pantry and I am set for the year

37. leoingle

Actually I still have yet to try Rodeo Clown. I want to try it on tap first and everytime i see it, they have something else i want more. One of my fav IPAs right now is 667 from Lone Pint.

38. tx_beer_man

You gotta try Rodeo Clown!

39. leoingle

Actually, i think Fox & Hound in Woodlands had it on tap last time I was there. On my way home from work, I plan on stopping by Two Mules Tavern to get a few pints of 667 goodness. I'll add in one more stop.

40. UHCougar12

UHCougar12 Savant (465) Texas Feb 21, 2011

Quote="leoingle, post: 995559, member: 715428"]Actually, i think Fox & Hound in Woodlands had it on tap last time I was there. On my way home from work, I plan on stopping by Two Mules Tavern to get a few pints of 667 goodness. I'll add in one more stop.[/quote]
    Didnt even know this place was there. Might have to swing in and try out this new brewery

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.