1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Karbach all inclusive thread

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by jamescain, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ford

Ford Member

Anyone going to the Friday night tasting? I was thinking of heading up for it... they will have Hop Delusion to try.
  2. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Member

anybody else have it on tap right now?
  3. rainerschuhsler

rainerschuhsler Member

I think it's only at the brewery for now.
  4. darocny

darocny Member

Hay Merchant on cask. Hope the flavor translates to bottles.
    champ103 likes this.
  5. champ103

champ103 Member

Really, did not know Hop Delusion had been released yet? From what I had at the brewery a few weeks ago, this stuff is awesome.
  6. darocny

darocny Member

I was surprised to find it there myself, but there it was.
  7. TxUltraRunner

TxUltraRunner Member

On cask at Sugar Land Saucer
    champ103 and Ford like this.
  8. champ103

champ103 Member

Just had some at Hay Merchant, can't beat $3 happy hour. All gone now. I am far from a hop head, but this stuff is amazing, well I knew that already. Obviously not on cask though. Looks like a few casks leaked out already. Good stuff.
  9. SeaSparrow

SeaSparrow Member

I was thinking about going up tonight, but am more likely for the Saturday tasting... I really want to try the Hop Delusion!
  10. Ford

Ford Member

It is tonight or nothing for me.. so I'm about to drive that way.... hope I don't hit too much traffic.

argh...... and just like that.. I'm out for tonight.. something just came up.. hopefully next weekend.
  11. Clonies720

Clonies720 Member

Mephisto is way fruiter and almost vinous. I feel like I'd say it's more complex too.
  12. UHCougar12

UHCougar12 Member

Hmm... I haven't had a Meph in months, but that was my first thought when I smelled and tasted bcbs. Guess you gave me a reason to pick one up this weekend.
  13. Clonies720

Clonies720 Member

Or if you wanna split one I have an extra. The label describes the qualities of the beer. And I found the label to be extremely accurate. It was a wonderful beer fresh, but I remember a few months ago when flying saucer downtown tapped a 2 yr old keg of it. DIVINE!
  14. UHCougar12

UHCougar12 Member

How bout if you don't luck out on the dr13 I'll trade ya a few for it. I have a 2009 in my fridge, but its gotten to the point now I don't have an excuse to open it lol
  15. Clonies720

Clonies720 Member

Deal

Also, I'm drinking a Karbach Kolsch. It'll be draft only. And it's tasty as F*CK! My favorite beer from them so far
    HopAG likes this.
  16. Clonies720

Clonies720 Member

At least I hear it'll be draft only. REALLY hoping they'll can it. It deserves a permanent year-round lineup. Get rid of their lowest selling beer and replace it with the Kolsch.
  17. FUNKPhD

FUNKPhD Member

Any one know if they released a new tasting glass? The last one I have is 5, and am curious if a 6 or beyond has been released.
  18. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Member

I know they have one of those can glasses now, but I don't know about taster glasses. I only have the one that says This Side Up.
  19. FUNKPhD

FUNKPhD Member

Ah, what? Those can glasses are bad ass. Might need to stop by today and see what's up.
  20. waterintobeer

waterintobeer Member

The 6th glass was released last night.
  21. wsnich

wsnich Member

Like what was said before, the 6th glass was released on Friday and will be around for awhile. The new Hopadillo can-style glass came out as well. Us volunteers accidentally put on Test Batch 2 for a few minutes today, if anyone got to enjoy it.
  22. tpgraham

tpgraham Member

Are people tracking Hellfighter in this thread or another one?
  23. graham515

graham515 Member

Just to clarify. The Kolsch will be available starting in June. It will be draft AND cans and called Love Street Summer Seasonal. Get a sneak peek at this weekend's party at the brewery!
    wolffman17, Ford, Clonies720 and 3 others like this.
  24. tpgraham

tpgraham Member

Is Hellfighter going to be a year-round offering or just a limited seasonal release?
  25. Clonies720

Clonies720 Member

ISO: Karbach Barn Burner glassware

But only if it's exclusive to their old fashioned barn burner event.
  26. Grendle

Grendle Member

Anyone know where near Humble I can get some Hellfighter bombers?
  27. Lutter

Lutter Member

Hearing that Dallas got a Karbach drop. No Austin love, Karbach?
  28. Schmuck82

Schmuck82 Member

You guys get good music festivals, we get Karbach. Actually Austin still sounds a lot better.
  29. Lutter

Lutter Member

I huddled in a corner while not working during SXSW was going on since I work in hospitality downtown.
  30. Clonies720

Clonies720 Member

Someone told me that Austin banned all plastic bags? Is that true?
  31. crusian

crusian Member

Man, been a while since I saw this thread. you as well, appreciate the trade and the help at kroger too, lol. you are awesome as Well!
    HoustonZ33 likes this.
  32. Lutter

Lutter Member

Yep. One-time use paper bags too!

My girlfriend literally has 100 reusable bags though, so it's fine.

There's also a LOT of exceptions. Like if a paper bag has handles and can handle a certain grade of weight... that's fine. They also still have bags for produce, loose dry goods (granola, nuts, etc...), and meat/fish... carry out, and dry cleaning.

Places like Best Buy, Walmart, or Target (stores that dont mainly sell food) also no longer have bags though... which can be awkward.

Central Market has the higher grade paper bags (I think HEB too). I but most of my beer at CM, so it works for me. Spec's gave me a box on Saturday to carry out, so that's still fine.
  33. HoustonZ33

HoustonZ33 Member

Well I be damned!
  34. graham515

graham515 Member

It will be a limited seasonal release like Yule Shoot Your Eye Out, Pontificator and the next in line...Hop Delusion.
    HoustonZ33 likes this.
  35. tpgraham

tpgraham Member

Thanks. I thought they mentioned on Twitter that they were releasing two year-round IPA's this year and I was hoping that Hop Delusion would be one of them.
  36. HopAG

HopAG Member

I know some places that still have Hellfighter, BM me for details if you are interested/looking
  37. greenspointexas

greenspointexas Member

fify
  38. canadianghetto

canadianghetto Member

No knock on Hellfighter, but I dont know why places were limiting it along with Saint Arnold. The mass hysteria and hoarding only applies to DR releases. I haven't got any Hellfighter yet, but I have no fear that I will be able to find it when I look.
  39. UHCougar12

UHCougar12 Member

Hellfighter on the shelves at my heb
  40. Clonies720

Clonies720 Member

Gonna try this again.

ISO: 2 Barn Burner Karbach glasses from anyone attending the Karbach Barn Burner event this saturday
    FT: Name your price, but don't get crazy now. This ain't WhataBurger.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.