1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Karbach Krunkin Punkin update

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by icetrauma, Sep 17, 2012.

1. icetrauma

icetrauma Savant (485) Texas Sep 7, 2004

When I left around noon, they had over 10 cases. No one else even shopping in beer dept. You should be good to go.
  2. BeanBone

BeanBone Savant (445) Texas Oct 12, 2006

I want to say there were like 10 cases, maybe more, in the stack when I was there before 11:00a. Not sure if that was everything.
  3. HopAG

HopAG Savant (475) Texas Sep 22, 2012

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!
  4. icetrauma

Not much was gone when I got there at noonish. Def. no Pumpkinator like rush. HopAG, if you can't get a bottle, I'll be more than glad to give you one of mine.
    JohnBender and BeanBone like this.
  5. Clutch131

Clutch131 Aficionado (110) Texas Dec 3, 2009

I was there 45 minutes ago and they still had quite a bit left. BTW they did have someone guarding the stack.....when I was there. LOL :)
  6. PaulUH

PaulUH Savant (265) Texas Aug 14, 2012

There was 16 Cases about an hour ago
  7. JohnBender

JohnBender Savant (425) Texas Apr 20, 2012

I cannot find any anywhere up north. :(
  8. Clutch131

Clutch131 Aficionado (110) Texas Dec 3, 2009

There was non as of Lunchtime around the Humble/Kingwood area so I went downtown.
  9. icetrauma

They probably will not hit the satellites till their regular receiving date. This came from the Spec's guy off of Mason Rd. in Katy.
  10. JohnBender

That's what I'm hoping, but most Spec's say they will have 'very limited amounts'. I have a class tomorrow downtown, do you think there will be any left in the city?
  11. icetrauma

Tell ya what. See below

HogAG and JohnBender, if y'all are not able to get any Krunkin Punkin, send me your address via PM and I'll ship ya a bottle. It will not be able to be shipped out till next week.
  12. JohnBender

Thanks man. That is mighty kind of you. If it comes to that I will repay you.
  13. Azzy

Azzy Savant (300) Texas Jul 16, 2012

Pumpkinator limit Is 4 bottles at Specs. I was there few minutes ago, went in grabbed my two bottles and left. I saw 10 cases still there so there should be plenty at 5. Also cost is $8.99.

And I learned my lesson about taking your limited number, I don't like having to ask for beer because then I Visit the shop 3 times a week, don't see it on shelves and decide to ask and they tell me it's been in the back for 2 weeks and just had to ask for it. So no more douche moves from me.

Ice trauma just respect the signage next time. Lesson learned.

Also if Specs runs out, they usually are the first place to run out of stuff since everyone hits it up, go to central market they should be getting it and Whole Foods as well.
  14. icetrauma

I didn't see a sign. That's the only reason I took 4. And, I'm more than glad to make a wrong, right. With that said, I'm looking forward to popping the top on a bottle tonight.
  15. icetrauma

Just shoot me a PM and let me know by the end of the week.
  16. Daemose

Daemose Savant (450) Texas Oct 3, 2011

Think they'll still have it tomorrow?
  17. icetrauma

Probably a decent chance.
  18. HopAG

HopAG Savant (475) Texas Sep 22, 2012

Just picked up my two! WOOHOO! Also thanks for the offer icetrauma, its great to see the BA Houston group be supportive of the community.

They had around 8 cases when I got there by the fridges. Black dreads guy was hovering over them to enforce the 2 limit rule hehe. Besides myself, I saw 3 other guys getting the limit as well. Seems like the work is out on these bad boys. I'm sure they might have more in the back (hopefully) as I would like to get 2 more if they do in fact resemble Pumking. Can't wait to pop one of these bad boys today!
  19. Daemose

Daemose Savant (450) Texas Oct 3, 2011

Cool. Can't go today, my fiance is off. I'll be there when they open tomorrow though.
  20. DonD

DonD Aficionado (240) Texas Jun 23, 2008

They said 5 cases left about 20 mins ago and they expect it to all be gone today. But they did say other stores are and some already did get some. If you know store numbers, they said these stores got a small amount today

#71, #56, #55, #53, #19, #15, #08, #06, #03, #02 #71 received today
  21. icetrauma

This should help

http://www.specsonline.com/cgi-bin/showpage?pageid=locate
    DonD likes this.
  22. Azzy

I'd call a While foods. Waugh or Kirby, they'll hold some bottles for you. I know they've done this before for other releases
  23. JohnBender

Called 15 earlier, said they were expecting tomorrow. Will call back.

Just called, now they are saying Thursday (?)
  24. JohnBender

Will HEBs be getting Krunkin as well?
  25. TxUltraRunner

TxUltraRunner Savant (375) Texas Aug 16, 2012

#8 (Mason Rd) doesn't have any - just there and asked my former manager about it. Didn't think they'd get it in until Thursday if at all. Specs in Cinco Ranch (#41) was an idiot and didn't know anything.
  26. jbeezification

jbeezification Savant (405) Texas Jun 6, 2012

Whole Foods Kirby said they won't get any til tomorrow.

Specs #06, Bay Area Blvd Webster said there was a distribution error and they may not get it until Thursday.
  27. icetrauma

D&Q said samething.
  28. Ahaley

Ahaley Aficionado (120) Texas Dec 24, 2009

If any of you awesome Houstoners would be willing to snag a bottle for a lowly Austinite I'd be willing to trade the favor or pay outright and throw in an extra bottle. We can work it out, just lemme know. Would really like to have a bottle, have yet to try ANY of the Karbach beers.
  29. DonD

DonD Aficionado (240) Texas Jun 23, 2008

Yeah, I don't think that Specs listing was accurate. Their tweet said that those stores got it today. Mine was on the list, but they didn't get it either. They said they would be, though, so that is probably just a list of stores that will be getting it.
  30. H-townman

H-townman Initiate (15) Oct 8, 2012

I picked up 2 bombers from the Heb on Buffalo Speedway after work around 4:30. There was no limit.

The Heb on Dunlavy is getting it tomorrow.

Hope this helps.
  31. codyhaskell

codyhaskell Savant (310) Texas Aug 27, 2009

I've called around to several of the stores listed and most are saying Thursday with a couple of saying Wednesday. Alas, I head to GABF Wednesday evening, so you lot can have my share. Cheers!

Oh, I'll also be out of town for the Pumpkinator release, which means one less BA on the trail...
  32. glacio

glacio Aspirant (25) Texas Aug 21, 2012

This is Hopag's gf. I did not realise that he had already gotten some and so picked up some from the HEB on Buffalo Speedway. There were only 7 left, but hopefully that will help ya'll.
  33. jbeezification

I would rather more BAs get em then the crowd of casual drinkers who wont ever appreciate it.
  34. jbeezification

You're the Cody Haskell from Twitter who I responded to with Specs Beer Depot? I'm @dj_bizarro

Whole Foods Kirby will have it tomorrow.
  35. codyhaskell

codyhaskell Savant (310) Texas Aug 27, 2009

I am! Thanks for the tip, mate.
  36. UHCougar12

UHCougar12 Savant (465) Texas Feb 21, 2011

Specs 45@rayford said Thursday.
    LadyOfMuchBeer likes this.
  37. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Initiate (0) Texas Apr 11, 2012

crap, im leaving Thursday mprning for 2 weeks. looks like I'll miss this.
  38. TxUltraRunner

TxUltraRunner Savant (375) Texas Aug 16, 2012

No Krunkin? No problem . . . me and a bottle of Endeavor are enjoying the Texans game :D
    Ford likes this.
  39. Azzy

Having one tonight. It's a good pumpkin beer, I like it better than Shafly, a few spices flavor and it is not as sweet as Pumpking. It be a tie between this and pumping for me, something about it being more subtle that I like. I think I still prefer pumpkinator though. We'll see next week.
  40. canadianghetto

canadianghetto Savant (475) Texas Oct 15, 2011

I can help you out if I find some. Can also mule some cans. Will be in Austin for the Funk n sour fest.