1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

KBS in VT

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by Flashy, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Flashy

Flashy Advocate (500) Vermont Oct 22, 2003

Did we get KBS in VT? Anyone see it?
  2. Flashy

Well...I saw it last year.
  3. It's not April 1st yet...
  4. Yes. Make friends with your beer store and make sure you get on a list if they have one. Doesn't last long.
  5. G Housen got their inventory in this week. They got 120 cases. It'll be on shelves Monday or Tuesday.
  6. dunix

dunix Savant (405) Vermont Jan 26, 2011

Farmhouse will have it on tap Apr 3rd (Founders event). Last year they did a lottery for kegs; I think there were only 2 that made it to the state. Crop got one of the kegs, and the Stowe Liquor store had a ton of it sitting on the shelves for a few weeks. Hopefully even more will make it into the state than last year.
  7. Trackim

Trackim Zealot (85) Vermont Aug 18, 2012

Source on 120? I don't believe it's tht high.
  8. If i told you, i'd have to kill you. ;)
  9. Trackim

120 cases is a lot for tiny little Vermont. I reserved my bottles at the bevy. They have a two bottle limit. If vt was getting 120 cases beverage warehouse would get at least 10-15 and evan would put on shelves. They aren't putting there's on the shelf. So 120 jus seems high to me
  10. 120 is on the high side compare to what some other states got that I checked, but its not unfathomable. Upstate NY got nearly 100. Maine got about 50. MA got over 100, CT got over 100. PA got 140+.
  11. The bevy is a joke and that's why they have a list and a 2-bottle limit.
    franklinn likes this.
  12. Trackim

You have a better store in the area?
  13. I'd rather drive than give the them my business 99% of the time. Only thing they have exclusiy in the area is Lawson's.
  14. bahnfire

bahnfire Savant (465) Vermont Jan 17, 2011

Where else other than the bevy is going to have it in Chittenden County?
  15. franklinn

franklinn Savant (440) Vermont May 29, 2012

I'd check just about every other liquor store that carries Founders in the area.
  16. Trackim

There will be other stores with it. But no other stores got cantillon that I picked up a few weeks ago.
  17. I picked mine up last time around at a convenience store/bevvy outside Chittenden Cty., but I would like locals to get their crack at it first so I will not say where (and this was 3 weeks after the Bevvy got it.) Just check your local place and ask for it - you may be pleasantly surprised!
  18. Multiple places in VT got that shipment of cantillion and they didn't lock it in a case or hide it in the back.

If you want outdated IPA's, hit up da Bevy!
  19. If anyone is in the Woodstock area, try Gillingham's.
  20. bahnfire

bahnfire Savant (465) Vermont Jan 17, 2011

FWIW City Mark-Up downtown got at least 5 cases. I stopped in on my lunch break and they had 3 or 4 cases remaining.
    franklinn likes this.
  21. City Market, Rt 7 liquor, Healthy Living, and Bev Warehouse got some. Looked like Rt 7 got 2 cases, City Market had 'none upstairs' there were about 4 bottles left an hour ago with no limit, Healthy Living got some with a 2 bottle limit.
  22. ilovermont

ilovermont Aficionado (125) Vermont Jul 18, 2012

I previously made the mistake of asking a Bevy employee if a particular IPA had been on the shelves long. The employee turned and asked the beer manager, who rolled his eyes, huffed 'not long', then began laughing with another employee.

The intent of my question was 'is this a new arrival', however, questioning the freshness of an IPA wouldn't have been out of line considering that the Bevy had eight month old bottles of Double Trouble sitting on the shelf at that point in time.

I spend a truly ridiculous amount of money on beer each week and haven't really felt the need to give any of that money to Winooski Beverage since.
    dunix and brownswisscow like this.
  23. Damn right. Similar experience here after I asked about this following my noticing that some seriously old IPAs were still on the shelves. I was just in Burlington for the day and stopped in there, I'll never be back. Too many other awesome beer stores to give my money to.
    ilovermont likes this.
  24. I know its a day late late, but Brattleboro, Rutland, Manchester, Essex, Randolph, springfield, bennington, and Richmond got deliveries yesterday.
  25. Went to my local store, they were informed they were getting 5 cases of KBS...but they only got 4. The word the store owner got was that Vermont got too much KBS last year and that this year's allotment was DECREASED. I guess were not exactly prime Founders consumers, but it sucks with increased production that Vermont may have gotten less.

I feel lucky to have gotten any. I'm still going to dash around tonight and look for more too.
  26. hard to be prime Founders customers when all their IPA's are out of date in VT.

Can't wait for FBS though :)
  27. Trackim

Store owner got duped. We got more kbs in vt than we did last year. Jus gotta know people I guess. I got a case just fine.
  28. Trackim

Jus picked up all day IPA. Not outdated. Stop bein a hater because you didn't get what you wanted
  29. Whoa! Their spring seasonal is still fresh? Color me shocked.
    Was it siting next to Centennial from 8/24 and double trouble from October?

Not sure what I wanted and didn't get or how I'm 'hating'?
  30. Dammit! He plays it off like he's tight with the Founders rep too. Oh we'll. I'm already getting in touch with other places in the hope that I can get more. I got a case last year no problem, I'm hoping to end up with that again. This beer is worth the chase.
  31. Trackim

Yep. It's not bourbon county. But it's delicious. Did you mke it to farmhouse event? We def got more than last year. City market got 8. Bevy got 12. PSB got 6 I believe. Stores like USAVE had some. I think they got two cases. It was there 3 hour sago when my bro in law went.

I was gonna get more but I figured a case was enough and I would share with others that didnt get any.
  32. willbm3

willbm3 Savant (380) Massachusetts Feb 19, 2010

If it makes you feel any better, no store in MA got more than a case, and most got zero. So there's that...
    InfinityonTrial likes this.
  33. Seriously. Almost every other state only got enough for maybe 1 or 2 cases per store, and then people are only getting single bottle allotments if anything. And some people in VT are worried they aren't getting a case?

And that's not counting NH which hasn't even received any yet, and won't until next month.
  34. Ah the joys of living in a state with very low population density...

Hunger Mtn got theirs today and sold out within a few hours at 1-4 pack per person. Richmond Market and Beverage still has at least 4 four-packs left, the manager offered to sell me the whole case ($18.99 each too!)...

Stowe Beverage said they got theirs today as well, 1 4-pack per person
  35. What? Craig @ Richmond is my local, and told me yesterday they "don't like cherry-pickers coming in to wipe out the supply" so I was mindful and bought just 2 bottles so I wouldn't deprive any of my neighbors. Good intentions = sucker!
  36. Weird, the cashier asked if they were limiting. "No limit. Get it out of here soon as possible. I'll sell you the case if you want" !
  37. Craig's always bitching he can't get any Lawson's or HFB to sell - guess I'll have to have a chat with him after work to understand his "strategy."
  38. Trackim

Well I Guess not only do us Vermonters get the best beer in the country brewed in our back yard with easy access We also get more of a supply than other states of rare release. Love it.
    Number45forever likes this.
  39. Flashy

A three hour ride is easy access to someones backyard?
  40. Trackim

For hill farmstead or anything in VT. Yes. Takes me an hour to get to any of them.