1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

KBS March 29th Bottle Share at Beaumont Inn, MI

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by zrab11, Mar 3, 2013.

1. zrab11

zrab11 Advocate (505) Indiana Dec 25, 2010

Just wanted to condense the thread and make it understandable for everyone.

Here are the details.

Friday, March 29th, from 7 PM - 12am at the Beaumont Inn Conference Room in Walker, MI (2151 Holton Ct.), we will be having a bottle share. Please Bring a few beers to share and possibly snacks.

Please Update the Spreadsheet so we don't overlap too much and so we can maybe get a vertical of a few beers as well. Also put what snacks you may bring on the spreadsheet

Snacks are not mandatory but BEER is!!!

"SAEMICK" and "TastyDeliciousness" reserved the 100$ conference room for us so please bring $5 to pitch in for the room.

Also bring a tasting glass as cups/glasses will NOT be provided.

Here is the Link to the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvcynnOnb8crdFF5Qk5ncFNtS0tFWHZWNmhSSWN6VWc&usp=sharing

I look forward to a great time. I am glad i asked about this as it is 70% the reason i have went to KBS day the last 2 years(for bottle share) and super glad some people(mentioned above) took initiative and set this thing in motion. Should be a great time and some GREAT beer!
    andyst, deuce9259 and jroberge1981 like this.
  2. incubuscience

incubuscience Savant (405) Illinois Jul 26, 2012

As mentioned in the other thread, I'm in. Heading to California next week and hoping to score some goodies out there that I can bring to the bottle share. I'll add to the spreadsheet after the trip.

Thanks again for putting this together, guys.
  3. MSEGUIN

MSEGUIN Savant (375) Michigan Apr 6, 2011

.. I Put the address in google maps and the Baymont Inn came up. Just want to make sure the info for the hotel is correct.
  4. deuce9259

deuce9259 Savant (310) Ohio Dec 28, 2011

BAYMONT WALKER
    2151 HOLTON COURT NW
    WALKER, MI 49544
  5. saemick

saemick Aficionado (195) Illinois Jan 16, 2010

6. fredmugs

fredmugs Champion (820) Indiana Aug 11, 2012

I have never done a bottle share before but my Biggest Loser contest ends the Wed before and I'll be looking to celebrate. Since somebody is bringing a 2010 Abyss I'll bring my 2012.
  7. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

Unfortunately I am not going to be able to make the trip down for KBS day. Just won't work out with my schedule, and I'm afraid I've partied enough this winter. Have fun everyone!
  8. Jagen

Jagen Aficionado (135) Illinois Oct 1, 2012

this makes me wish I was going a night early instead of driving up from Chi super early on sat
  9. saemick

Updated the spreadsheet with a couple of the bottles I'll be bringing. I'll be adding more as it gets closer/ I look through what I have.

Can't wait!!!
  10. saemick

still time to change your plans...
  11. Jagen

Jagen Aficionado (135) Illinois Oct 1, 2012

tempting...
  12. Post moved on me.....:(

As mentioned in the prior thread, I am willing to pick up beers from different breweries that some might not be able to obtain where they live. Revoultion, Pipeweoks, Spitful are all good local brews. Let me know what I can pickup for ya and maybe we can do a trade! The above all make bombers $7-$10 a piece. Just hit me up and we can discuss.

Look forward to meet all of you and drink some goodness!
  13. saemick

Was actually going to mention the same thing myself. Between TastyDelicousness & I, we'll gladly bring up extra local brews from Chicagoland that you're not able to obtain. Feel free to BM either/both of us; we're both friendly folk ;)

Can't wait till the 29th!!!
  14. RayOhioFelton

RayOhioFelton Savant (490) Ohio May 24, 2011

I was unable to get a KBS ticket but feel like this would be worth the trip from Cleveland!

Is that appropriate?
  15. MSEGUIN

Yes, because there is nothing stopping you from double fisting snifters of KBS all day Saturday. Plus Im sure you will be able to trade some people for some KBS while in town.
    MarcatGSB likes this.
  16. RayOhioFelton

So you can get in just can't buy a 12pk? I think I could bring some very tradable beers from Cleveland and come back with a great haul...
    MSEGUIN and MarcatGSB like this.
  17. saemick

Absolutely. You can come for the bottle share, stay for the KBS day and drink KBS off tap till you can't see anymore!
  18. RayOhioFelton

So drink 3 KBS...nice! Sounds like a great opportunity to make new friends then immediately offend them all beyond repair! I'm going to try to get a buddy of mine in on this...
    MarcatGSB likes this.
  19. saemick

The more the merrier! and as long as you befriend us 1st, and offend is 2nd; happy to have ya!
  20. MSEGUIN

Exactly my man. The party is open to all no ticket needed. I personally will be double fisting snifters of KBS alongside my dad (yes my dad, awesome BA not on BA) till we decide to crawl home.
    MarcatGSB and saemick like this.
  21. Now this sounds like a guy I could party with! Tells you upfront he is going to offend you. Don't mind that as long as you take some offending in return.
  22. I updated my list. Bringing some goodies from Florida.
    raymo55, dlello2 and MarcatGSB like this.
  23. dlello2

dlello2 Savant (360) Illinois Nov 11, 2011

Anyone want to split a room Friday? A friend and I have one set for Saturday but want to get in on this tasting as well!
  24. woodchopper

woodchopper Savant (345) Illinois Jul 31, 2010

is this an open invite? i could be there around 8 30 maybe 6 1/2 hour drive after work..... Damn i wish my boss understood i Need more off time ;)
    raymo55 likes this.
  25. Consider yourself invited.
    woodchopper likes this.
  26. woodchopper

i will see if i can find a few goodies as a late penalty
    also will be with Goldfish slayer and bunzilla :)

i hope i can find my liver i think its still at pegs and hunaphu day ;)
    xxcarpxx and GoldfishSlayer like this.
  27. Rizdac

Rizdac Aficionado (150) Illinois Dec 5, 2010

Sweet! Hunahpu's!! I added a Bene Gene from Revolution as well. I'll also have growlers from some breweries I'll hit on the way there, so if anyone has any requests, let me know! Breweries are: Greenbush, New Holland, Odd Side, Jolly Pumpkin Old Mission, Right Brain, and Short's
  28. RayOhioFelton

I have no cool friends willing to take this trip with me but still considering i...start a new job Monday and not sure of the schedule for my training...I might make the trip solo with just me, some fun food and a few bottles of my closest buddies! If I don't make it I hope everyone has fun that weekend!
  29. Guess this means I need to make another batch of crack pretzels? Good thing I get off work early that day. :p
    woodchopper likes this.
  30. raymo55

raymo55 Savant (465) Michigan Oct 3, 2011

Quitter.
    DoubleNickels and woodchopper like this.
  31. raymo55

What happened to the talks of a line bottle share Saturday morning at Founders? Do I need to start its own thread? ;)
    woodchopper likes this.
  32. I see things are coming together nicely. 29th is going to be a great time.

Just a friendly reminder to all. Please update the sheet with beers you are bringing. I ask that if you are bringing a friend or drinker with you, I ask you have them bring their fair share as well. We want to make sure there are enough beers for all to try. I think we had an unwritten rule(or so it appears) that we would bring approx 2-3 bombers or there the equivalent of. I myself will probably bring an extra bomber or two....

Also, if there is anything local from Chi-Town that I can bring, let me know. Some good locals around here.

Cheers!
    Tim
    woodchopper likes this.
  33. woodchopper

Line Share :) I have CRACK PRETZELS ;)
  34. raymo55

BOOM....done deal!
    woodchopper likes this.
  35. woodchopper

36. That is what I was thinking too. I'll see what Friday night brings, I may just do both!
  37. These are something you make and not something you picked up in Florida right?
  38. woodchopper

Yep homemade i brought like 2 bags of them to hunaphu weekend .... and there wasn't any left... Raymo ate them all ;)
    raymo55 likes this.
  39. I'll trade you a KBS cupcake for some.
    GoldfishSlayer and woodchopper like this.
  40. saemick

I think I may need to sample some of said pretzles prior to the bottle share :)
    woodchopper likes this.