1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

KBS sightings in Southern/central NJ

Discussion in 'US - Mid-Atlantic' started by musicman7070, Apr 1, 2013.

1. I'm sorry. I had to do it. This thread is for any KBS sightings in South and Central Jersey. If anyone spots any KBS in Ocean, Monmouth, Atlantic, or.Burlington counties that would be great. Happy hunting everyone!

iL0VEbeer likes this.
  2. 4 counties wow

3. I live in one of them (obviously) and very close to 2/3 of them; that's why I included them.

4. seems hunterdon is off today or it's an elaborate rouse.. happy hunting

5. I think Lil' Bros gets their Hunterdon deliveries on Wednesdays. I'll be on the lookout.

6. cde1218

cde1218 Savant (250) New Jersey Sep 13, 2012

Word on the street is that no KBS is being delivered in any of the counties listed :D

Most places I spoke with said Hunterdon was closed today and distro was expected to be delayed a day. I'd expect Weds/ Thursday for most places.

7. That's up in Flemington right? I'm gonna be visiting a friend up there that day and will be in the area. Do you know when their deliveries usually come?

8. Does this mean stores that usually get shipments on Wednesdays will get them on Thursday this week instead?

9. benz08

benz08 Savant (355) New Jersey Nov 9, 2008

Hunterdon wasn't closed. Very few stores have a Monday hunterdon delivery.

10. Yes found that out today too, There are South Jersey stores that get deliveries on Monday that didn't yesterday, which is what caused the confusion I think.

11. Demer

Demer Aficionado (225) New Jersey Dec 13, 2010

North jersey stores that get hunterdons deliveries on monday didn't get them either.

12. abkayak

abkayak Savant (335) New York Jan 8, 2013

sorry, dont mean to be a dick...i have 2 bttls saw 2 cases myself in the shop and i cant say where because i am not sure if i would get anyone in trouble.. but it is in hoboken they had a list going on i just was being nice and hooking my guy up w/ his first heady and it presented itself so i pounced

13. sfr26

sfr26 Savant (310) New York Jan 15, 2013

Joe Canals in Lawrenceville got a delivery from Hunterdon yesterday but is already sold out...they had a waitlist

14. cde1218

Spirit of 76 in Manasquan had 1 case/ 1 bottle limit (2 left when I showed up at 5pm). Hoboken Vine had 1 case/ 1 bottle limit (3 left as of noon today). Most places I called said Weds & Thursday ETA in Monmouth/ Ocean/ Burlington Counties.

Charlie_Hoss likes this.
  15. megamass

megamass Savant (350) New Jersey Oct 30, 2008

It must be nice to be able to drive around the State all day looking for KBS

16. Hunterdon County - Made some stops on the way home from the office:
    • Wegmans in Bridgewater - got 1 case, 1 bottle per customer limit - i picked up a bottle over lunch. $5.99/bottle
    • Super Saver in Sommerville - have not received any, have wait list and taking names
    • Bourbon Street in Lebanon - had 14 bottles on hand, all on a reserved list and all bottles taken. $11.99/bottle, limit 2 per customer.
    • ShopRite Liqours in Clinton - acted irritated I even asked. Said they didnt know if they were getting any and it wasnt up to them.
    For Founders producing 'more' this year - dosent look like the distribution matches that description - yet at least. Maybe its just Central NJ? o_O

17. I was told 100 cases to NJ most up north. Last year was 40.

cde1218 likes this.
  18. cde1218

Thats exactly what I did... OR I went to Spirit of 76 at Lunch and Had my buddy in Hoboken swing by Hoboken Vine on his break bc their beer guy told me this weekend that they'd have it Tuesday.

No need to be a dick when other people are trying to be helpful.

Charlie_Hoss, shiningwizard and sfr26 like this.
  19. megamass

You what be helpful you told us all the places you went to since have 6 bottles already!

20. sfr26

sfr26 Savant (310) New York Jan 15, 2013

I....I have no idea what this string of words is supposed to mean

Based on your comments in this thread, I think you need to relax and enjoy a beer. Or maybe you've enjoyed too many?? Attacking someone in a passive aggressive manner when it isn't close to being warranted just makes you look like a dick by the way.

cde1218 likes this.
  21. DaGrizz

DaGrizz Savant (260) New Jersey Feb 22, 2012

Guys guys guys.... It's just beer. Yes, it is a really good beer. But still just beer none the less.

22. Had my girlfriend check West Deptford Joe Canal's yesterday afternoon around 2pm. They said they didnt get any. Oh well, I tried . lol!!

23. Here's some info from the White Horse Wine and Spirits in Absecon. I just got this message from them on facebook:

"KBS will be coming in midafternoon on a Thursday very soon. It will be posted on the website the night it comes in so you can purchase it directly from there. Thanks for your interest."

megamass likes this.
  24. cde1218

Had you asked nicely after checking through my cellar HQ I may have been happy to offer you a couple or trade. All bets are off now though bud. Good luck in your search. I wish you the most success.

25. Squidly

Squidly Savant (435) New Jersey Nov 26, 2006

The thrill of the hunt. Some people stand in line outside a brewery, others drive around to liquor stores.

wonothesane42 and cde1218 like this.
  26. megamass

thats all right I wouldn't trade for KBS anyways.

27. Red Bank Spirits has them, 1 per person, as of 20 minutes ago.

Middletown Spirits is out.

Anyone know of any other stores in the Monmouth / Middlesex area that have it right now?

28. benz08

Last year was 120 cases. And they are sent to stores that sold the most Founders. Top 10 got 2 cases. Next 80 got one case. I've presented this argument before. North Jersey may seem to get more of special releases because there are more people and more stores. More people and more stores means better chance for them to have higher sales. And the stores in the Philly suburbs also do huge business. Probably more than North Jersey. The Canal's chain definitely has several stores in that top list.

29. benz08

Guess Jersey City is no longer in North Jersey.

30. Reck

Reck Aficionado (110) New Jersey Apr 22, 2008

Huh. So do you think this means it will be online only? I think I'll be showing up around lunch time anyway...

31. cde1218

So quit your complaining and move on as you are clearly adding NO Value to this thread.

For folks in Philly suburbs, Capones and Whole Foods right down the street are anticipating delivery this afternoon. According to a buddy hope well buy rite didn't get it in their most recent shipment but still expect it.

wonothesane42 and Charlie_Hoss like this.
  32. cde1218

Middle
    Middletown spirits is out or they didn't get it in yet? My buddy there told me they hadn't seen it in yet, of course he could be wrong ;-)

33. My bad. Middletown Spirits said it should be in today but they are all spoken for. So essentially they're out.

cde1218 likes this.
  34. cde1218

My girl just checked Canals in Delran on 130. Still haven't received it and no ETA unfortunately.

Charlie_Hoss likes this.
  35. That's what I'm thinking...maybe to alleviate the craziness in the store? That's my best guess. It almost seems too good to be true, though. We'll see what happens.

36. Spirits middletown got their kbs, along with red bank. Bottle king may be getting some in today but they are all spoken for as well. Not too sure on any other places as of yet.

cde1218 likes this.
  37. Anybody know anything in the Cape May/Wildwood area? The Canal's in Rio Grande was out this afternoon, and I honestly don't know anywhere else to look around here, thanks for any help!

cde1218 likes this.
  38. Lil' Bros in Flemington, Hunterdon County got it today - friend of mine stopped by. It was $12.99/bottle and you had to make an additional purchase. Looks like they got a single case and it was behind the furthest register. He was there around 530pm today.

39. DaGrizz

DaGrizz Savant (260) New Jersey Feb 22, 2012

Their policies/prices get better and better with each limited release. Really disappointed with the fact that Hunterdon continues to provide them with the beers.

MykelJH, Timmush, Mcooly and 5 others like this.
  40. They told me last week that it was coming this week, most likely just 1 case. I'm going to be in the area this afternoon so I'm going to stop in and check (aka excuse to buy some more beer too)