1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Keg serving question....HELP!

Discussion in 'Home Bar' started by antlerwrestler19, Oct 28, 2012.

1. I am fairly new to kegging and I've got a question regarding serving out of the keg/carbonation. I carbed a saison yesterday to serve at a homebrew fest today using a diffusion stone to pump CO2 into the beer. Can I pump the beer out to serve to guests with that still in the keg connected to the gas inlet? Will the gas going through continue to carbonate the beer and towards the end leave me with an over carbonated beer? I have the option of pumping it into another sanitized keg that doesn't have the carb stone inside but I will be very pressed for time.

Thanks!

2. Burt

Burt Savant (495) Rhode Island Nov 27, 2005

I wouldn't see why you could not do it. Next time you could try this with out the the stone. Cool it down (colder the better), lay the keg down on its side so you can roll it back and forth. Set the CO2 to your desired carbonation. Roll the keg back and forth until you can not hear the CO2 coming out of the tank. Let it sit for a couple of hours and you are good to go.

3. If you set it to proper serving temp and pressure, there's no danger of over carbing, even if you leave it hooked up like that for years.

daryk77, billandsuz and cubbyswans like this.