1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Kern Citra

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by Thecherryman, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Thecherryman

Thecherryman Initiate (0) Arizona Dec 8, 2010

This is currently a top want for me. What would it take to land a bottle of the most recent release?

2. yamar68

yamar68 Initiate (0) Minnesota Apr 1, 2011

More than it's worth.

3. A generous BA hooked me up with two bottles in a trade that I think is more than fair. Not everyone is going to be gouging people for these, just put up an ISO offering something good (main component on my end is a Westy XII).

4. Previous release I got one for a four pack of FBS.

5. By way of example, if someone went up on Saturday for the release, they would have to have gotten there before 6:15 am, because all 70 spots were filled by then, then wait in line for a solid 5+ hours for 6 bottles. If my time were that worthless, I don't know that beer trading would be my game, i'd be way into Japanese RPGs, powerleveling characters and shit.

driving 300+ miles and standing in line for hours to trade for Hopslam, FBS, and other gems you can buy online. seems anomalous to me, but with not one, not three, but 12 separate FT: Heady ISO: Citra posts, I am almost confident that someone can get Heady for Citra, not entirely sure though.

In the past I have traded Citra 1:1 for
    Westy 12
    Fantome Saison
    BA blackout 22oz
    Event Horizon
    Arctic Devil

or if you like bizarre trades:
    2 citra + Filmishmish + alpine bomber for TNP

If all else fails, just shame the fuck out of CA traders with that sage phrase that "THIS IS JUST A DOUBLE IPA GUIZE" or accuse them of ordering it online, whichever works.

pmarlowe, Levitation, libbey and 3 others like this.
  6. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

I just traded 1 HT, 1 KBS, 1 '12 BCBS for 2 bottles.

7. Just finished this trade -
    Hill Farmstead: 1 Birth of Tragedy, 1 Twilight of the Idols, 1 Clara and 1 Arthur
    for someone's full allocation (6x) Citra. Fair trade IMO, great beer all around.

franklinn likes this.
  8. BeRanger

BeRanger Savant (485) Michigan Dec 11, 2011

I feel like last years allotment wasnt as miserable to get? If so, I guess I got lucky. I just traded some pretty standard beer for two bottles.

9. cavedave

cavedave Champion (940) New York Mar 12, 2009

I went a bit over $4$ with a very reasonable Ca. trader and expanded the trade to his advantage. What I traded will remain my secret, but it was a beer I dearly love and which I was lucky enough to score multiple bombers thanks to ABInBev (big hint there) and a local store which put them in a bad (read that good for me) location in the store.

ILOVESTOUTS and JxExM like this.
  10. nc41

nc41 Advocate (745) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

With regard to Kern Citra, I like ZD more, Ht is better, Abrasive is better, all are easier to trade for or buy online. HF Susan is impossible but it's better as well. I like trading for IPA's/DIPA's I've never tried before too as well, but I wouldn't go overboard.

11. JxExM

JxExM Savant (470) New York Mar 5, 2012

I may have done the same ;)

ILOVESTOUTS likes this.
  12. tectactoe

tectactoe Champion (835) Michigan Mar 20, 2012

I reeled in 2 Citras and a Speedway Stout for a 4-pack of Black Note.

SubpoenaDeuces likes this.