Kern River Brewery Citra DIPA 2014 Lottery

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by klin661, Jan 31, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 395er

395er Initiate (0) Apr 29, 2011 California

Still Citra on tap today at 2 pm.

2. grze

grze Maven (1,460) Apr 17, 2012 Virginia
    Trader

Can anyone please tell me what's left on tap and bottles for the weekend?

ParchedNeedBeer likes this.
  3. kpacedo

kpacedo Initiate (0) Nov 24, 2009 California

Call the brewery and skip the middle man

albertq17 and dcgunman like this.
  4. ParchedNeedBeer

ParchedNeedBeer Initiate (0) Feb 21, 2011 California

Just called at 12:30pm pacific time. 3 Kegs left of Citra, pouring till it runs out. Only bottles left at the brewery are Class V Stout. Happy and sad at the same time.

HelloImTravis and grze like this.
  5. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2013 California

Across the street at the general store they had a ton of Winter DIPA as well as Just Outstanding. So just look around the few shops there and you'll probably walk away with more than just Class V.

1424IpA, grze and HelloImTravis like this.
  6. grze

Trader

Awesome, thanks for the info! Last time I've been there that store had no bottles at all. Thanks!!!

7. TasterMike

TasterMike Initiate (0) Sep 13, 2013 California

I will be heading up tomorrow and staying at the Kern Lodge. Bottle shares are always an option. Cant wait to try some Citra for the first time.

8. aquazr1

aquazr1 Maven (1,325) Jul 27, 2013 California

Citra was still flowing tonight.

9. McStagger

McStagger Initiate (0) Jun 2, 2005 California

As much as I'm loving the rain, it could have waited two more damn days. Only day off throughout the entire release and the weather gods decide to piss all over the Santa Clarita Valley.

10. kpacedo

kpacedo Initiate (0) Nov 24, 2009 California

Krbc posted this morning that Citra is still flowing.

11. evilhead

evilhead Initiate (0) May 13, 2013 California

Just had to say it was my first visit to KRBC, and my first experience of any of their brews. I arrived in the afternoon, road zombied, hungry & thirsty, and a super nice waitress got me squared away immediately, with tasters & grub and fresh pints of glory. What a great place. Not many folks in there, just locals showing off a tiny 5week? old baby, such a nice vibe. Think it was pushing 80 degrees outside that day. Even raced someone through that canyon on the way over, what a blast. LOL Top down on the way back via Sierra Way, taking photos, just a fantastic day.

Also, I am pretty skeptical of a lot of beer hype stuff, especially when factoring in the phenomenon of perceived higher enjoyment/ratings due to having jumped thru hoops to attain said beer via long drive, lines/lottery, price, scarcity etc. That being said... oh my God, fresh Citra on tap, just wow. It is an amazing beer. No joke guys. Honestly I'm going to have to have a long talk with Nelson over this.

[​IMG]

OTB, j47paco, grze and 6 others like this.
  12. sloelco

sloelco Initiate (0) Dec 25, 2012 California

Check Primo's Liquor which is right by the brewery as well. There is also a Chevron a few miles away in Wofford Heights which has a beer cave sign out front. I've picked up JO, Winter, Winter Rye, and Dirty Hippie at these spots over the last couple years. If you come up the east side Ridgecrest has a couple places that get bottles. Bakersfield has 4 spots that reliably have bottles as well. These places are all listed on KRBC's website.

13. Original_Fake

Original_Fake Initiate (0) Nov 15, 2013 North Carolina

Citra still on today. I was there yesterday and it was so damn good. The market across the street is out of their bottles except for Class V.

14. grze

Trader

Totally agree! It was my second Citra release. I'm glad I came the second weekend. Not only it was a lot less crowded, but I had a chance to see Kernville during rain which was awesome.

[​IMG]

Also, I wanted to get some bottles to go but the market across the street in fact only had the stout...but on my way back home I stepped by the Shell gas station in Kernville and they had the JO as well as the Winter Ale in stock:

[​IMG]

Thank you KRBC! See you next time!

15. Original_Fake

Probably not worth a new thread but they have it on this weekend and bottled some for distro in Kern County.

Kern River Brewing Company
    August 26th
    Citra hits the shelves in Kern County; on tap at the brewery
    So, we brewed a batch of Citra for the Great American Beer Festival and what we ended up with is not enough for a lottery release. So we are going to just dump it out. Just kidding. We are going to put it on draft tomorrow (Wednesday, Aug 27th) at the pub (sorry, no growlers) and distribute the rest in bottles around Kern County. Please don't call the pub to find out where the bottles went, the won't be able to tell you. Basically if someone in Kern County Carries our beer, they will get an allotment of bottles. That includes us, so we will have bottles for sale here at the brewery on a first come, first serve basis (starting Wednesday, Aug 27th) with a two bottle per person limit.

Please don't freak out about this. It's just beer. We will make more.

That's all for now
    Cheers,

The Crew

Kern River Brewing Company

TNeedles, grze and j2tharome15 like this.
  16. FrogOut69

FrogOut69 Initiate (0) Sep 24, 2013 California
    Trader

Guess I'm going to Kern tomorrow.

ESCO138 likes this.
  17. grze

Trader

Lol. I booked two nights for this weekend last week, but that may be too late :/

18. aquazr1

aquazr1 Maven (1,325) Jul 27, 2013 California

Last time they put it on tap like this it lasted over a week. Not sure with the holiday crowd this weekend though.

For the locals out there, the bottles are hitting the stores today.

19. Original_Fake

Yeah I imagine you'll still be able to get it on tap this weekend. I was considering going up Sunday for the night before this email came out but I forgot that the hotels have a two night minimum stay on holiday weekends.

20. grze

Trader

Oh, cool. Thanks! I thought it will be just a nice & quiet weekend in Kernville...so if that's not happening I hope to at least drink some (pretty) fresh Citra.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.