1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Kid Rock's beer to get a new Michigan-based contract brewer

Discussion in 'Beer News' started by dgs, Jun 9, 2012.

1. dgs

dgs Aficionado (195) Pennsylvania Jul 18, 2005

I don't know much about the guy or the beer, but this may be news to someone....

"Despite trying to help stave off their eviction, and waiting as long as possible to find a solution that could work for all, Badass Beer will be moving its relationship to a new Michigan-based contract brewer," the company said in a statement titled "Regrettably" and posted on its website. "We are hoping to start production of Badass again before the end of the year, and are exceptionally grateful for the support of our distributors, retailers and consumers during this transition."

http://www.freep.com/article/201206...r-to-get-a-new-Michigan-based-contract-brewer
  2. Sooooo Budweiser is just going to re-label?
    robconoclast likes this.
  3. premierpro

premierpro Savant (290) Michigan Mar 21, 2009

Badass Beer should just be named Bad!
    GregoryVII likes this.
  4. JimKal

JimKal Savant (280) North Carolina Jul 31, 2011

I have no interest in anything Kid Rock has to say, sing, or brew. But, isn't it time for him to change that name?
  5. this is unfortunate, i was hoping that beer wouldn't survive.
    smutty33 likes this.
  6. Wait.......... kid rock is alive?
  7. JohnnyHopps

JohnnyHopps Savant (485) Indiana Jun 15, 2010

If his beer (which I am sure he makes from a family recipe, not just a business using his name) is as bad as his music, drinking from a urinal would be refreshing and original by comparison.
  8. KentT

KentT Aficionado (205) Tennessee Oct 15, 2008

When you need a beer really bad, we have a bad beer for you.
  9. yamar68

yamar68 Initiate (0) Minnesota Apr 1, 2011

What part of drinking from a urinal wouldn't be original?
  10. 30 pack-a-Stroh's, 30 pack-a-ho's, LIGHT please, not stout! Well, ok, maybe like a black and tan, thick in the right places. . .
  11. I read all your posts...I have nothing more to say.