1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

King Henry

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by kingston2, Apr 20, 2014.

1. kingston2

kingston2 Savant (470) Pennsylvania Sep 14, 2008

Would a King Henry for 1 Proprietor + 2 BC coffee be fair trade? Would you do it??
  2. evilcatfish

evilcatfish Advocate (505) Missouri May 11, 2012

I would keep my KH. Don't give in to the Prop hype
    LopeJuice and sandman3479 like this.
  3. codysjb

codysjb Savant (390) Florida Jun 16, 2010

If you haven't popped that kh by this point I would hold onto it... Having said that 1 prop plus 2 bcbcs seems slightly low. Not by much but I would ask for 1 or 2 other beers (add a couple bcbs or kbs to the prop side).

But again if you're dying to get rid of kh I would use it for something else.
  4. danwho

danwho Savant (395) California Feb 18, 2010

No. I had KH again last Saturday and it is amazing, still.
    Duff27 likes this.
  5. Graviz

Graviz Savant (280) Colorado Feb 26, 2012

Keep in mind the people who typically say it's garbage are looking for one and the people who say it's still amazing have one they'd like to trade you.

IMO it's garbage and a drain pour now.

Btw ISO!!!!!! ;) You know...for white elephant gift.
  6. Stevedore

Stevedore Champion (835) Wisconsin Nov 16, 2012

Don't have a King Henry, not looking for one, and I wouldn't do it if I were you.
  7. TaborTime

TaborTime Savant (355) Oregon Dec 10, 2013

Not a barleywine fan but...KH was one of the best beers I've ever had. Keep it.
    Fluke828 likes this.
  8. Abbbp

Abbbp Savant (385) Texas Mar 9, 2013

Had one courtesy of @WTKeene this past Saturday- if the trade was 2 x prop, AND 4 x BCBCS, it'd give me a moment of pause, but I still wouldn't do it... ISO!
  9. I am the exact opposite here while King Henry is
    amazing that is a lot of top 10 beer to give up.
  10. incubuscience

incubuscience Savant (415) Illinois Jul 26, 2012

I have both. I wouldn't trade my KH for a prop, and I wouldn't trade my prop for a King Henry. So I guess that makes em about even. You might find a trader willing to do your deal. Either way's a win. Great beers. And anyone who says "don't give into the prop hype" is clearly just upset he isn't willing to ante up for one; It's a tasty beer, but it doesn't come cheap. Sorry to call you out evilcatfish; not trying to be a dick, but you seem to be one of the few people who aren't a fan.
  11. w_klon

w_klon Aficionado (200) Oregon Aug 1, 2012

Not a fan of Prop either ;) Had it twice and made me not want to seek it out. KH on the other hand...would bang again for the price.