King Sue Growler

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by striker2160, Apr 24, 2014.

1. I thought I would open it up for discussion on what everyone thought a growler
    should go for.( for a friend )

2. It should go for drinking and sharing with others. After hearing the reports of people getting 10+ growlers at a time of King Sue, I'm sure that was the final nail in the coffin of TG determining they couldn't host an Assassin Day release without uter chaos erupting.

wspanic201 likes this.
  3. Really that is the best you could come up with. I am upset to last year I had #10
    and showed up at 10:30 in the morning (for a 12:00 release) and sat down at the bar and Clark served
    me a Mornin' Delight. This year I probably won't get jack shit. I have 1 growler that I will be sharing with friends

4. JJWIGHT

JJWIGHT Savant (305) Minnesota Feb 14, 2012

The growler is now a week old and probably getting flat by now. You would be lucky getting a 12 pack of Saga.

Ish1, Berg77, huskermike12 and 2 others like this.
  5. First of all, tell your 'friend' to get an account and post stuff for him/herself. It's not that difficult.

Second, its a growler of IPA that needs to be drank asap. Sure, things like PtY traded for walez back when it was available in a growler, but that beer had a built up reputation and was extremely tough to come by if you didn't live in a market where they sent it. Only a few states would get it and it wasn't bottled (rumors are KS is likely to be bottled and then will travel the globe). This is a newer beer (and I am sure it is amazing), but it's going to be available much more in the future (or at least people in the region will be able to find it on tap). No one is going to trade cellared gems for this because they can wait.

Lastly, it's an IPA and must be drank now. If I have a BA Stout or whatever, I can sit on it for a while and drink it when I want or save it for a special occasion or a tasting. Good luck sitting on that IPA.

Honestly, I don't know what it should go for, but I sure know what it shouldn't go for.

caskstrength likes this.
  6. mnbearsfan

mnbearsfan Savant (425) Minnesota Dec 25, 2009

Tell your friend $24 bucks. It is a week old and will be two week by the time it lands. What if it is flat...or something else.

Also if he is one of the DBs who bought 10, 15, or 18 of the in hopes of trading them, I hope they are all flat.

Kind of sucks when Clark puts something out there and people tend to abuse it and ruin it for everyone else. There is a reason that breweries put limits on things and this proves that fact.

It is a great beer, it is not worth what some people are asking. It will be made again and again.

Ungertaker, wspanic201 and DBijnagte like this.
  7. HomeBrewed

HomeBrewed Savant (400) Minnesota Dec 10, 2006

In my best Homer Simpson voice..."This is going great."

8. XmnwildX12

XmnwildX12 Champion (795) Minnesota Nov 12, 2010

My friend loves this thread

9. Thanks for diverting attention from Assassin.
    That was getting pretty lame listening to all the crying on that thread.

I think it's hilarious people think that because someone buys 10 growlers of King Sue, it's some sort of abomination, or the reason that they're not going to have a release party for Assassin.

I'll be your friend.
    Cheers!

striker2160 likes this.
  10. That's funny, because I don't think Clark put a limit on King Sue.
    In fact I believe they said they were going to fill until it kicked.

11. MRC711

MRC711 Aficionado (165) Minnesota Oct 22, 2007

Also does anyone know how many went in on those 10, 15, 18 growlers? Easy to cast stones.

12. I am firing off a BM to all the guys in my tasting
    group. It is because of you guys ordering a couple growlers each of KS they canceled the Assassin
    release party. Thanks guys.

13. Yulles

Yulles Savant (305) Minnesota Apr 12, 2009

I don't understand the original question or any of the reactions.

Are you sending it to a friend? Why ask for anything, they will get you when they have something you want.
    Are you asking for a friend? Who is going to trade with someone who doesn't have an account?

Call me naive but the TG post specifically said that they couldn't get enough parking for the event. Maybe it was because of Huna day or the reaction to King Sue or the last time they put MD on tap, but as the stand up guys that TG have proven themselves to be, I'll take their word for it.

Also, @lonewolfcry while their weren't limits put on this batch, I believe Clark said there would be in the future because of the number that people were ordering. I know that some people were filling up for friends and that these weren't all to be traded, but that is the end result of 10+ orders.

14. Douggo

Douggo Savant (295) Minnesota Oct 24, 2009

Rules of ba:
    1. If I don't have a beer that I want, and someone doesn't personally deliver as many of said beer as I desire, directly into my refrigerator/cellar, on the date and time of my desire, then everyone involved in the brewing, distributing, and retailing of said beer, and also any consumers who successfully obtained said beer, are assholes.

15. Wait, wasn't this for a friend? Now you are messaging the guys in your tasting group? Is your friend really you? Why don't you just post things for yourself rather than post things for 'your friend'?

huskermike12 likes this.
  16. dasmusik

dasmusik Savant (300) Minnesota Oct 25, 2011

My friend wanted me to "like" your post.

Goku likes this.
  17. maximum12

maximum12 Champion (755) Minnesota Jan 21, 2008

Well, I don't know why all these nice people can't just answer your question.

I think at this point a growler of King Sue should go for a four-pack of Peruvian Morning. In fact, I have a three-year vertical I could part with if you can add.

Douggo, __cesarm__ and lurpy1 like this.
  18. I think you should add those two or three lonely bottles in your avatar (can't tell how many, or if they're bottles or paint cans)...lol

maximum12 likes this.
  19. How does the guy with the DWI fit into all of this?
    I bet he knows a thing or two....

ToadiesForCody likes this.
  20. striker2160 likes this.
  21. DBijnagte

DBijnagte Savant (250) Minnesota Dec 7, 2012

22. DBijnagte

The "it's for a friend" method of posting is more often than not a lame attempt to win a trade and deflect criticism. People asking for the moon for bottom filled, semi regular (in the near future) growler release deserves to be criticized.

A growler of king sue is worth a 20-30$ Huna-type release beer or a 750mL mid level loon IMO.

23. MPLSbrewer

MPLSbrewer Savant (250) Minnesota Dec 7, 2010

I'm pretty sure that was a sarcastic post due to the people trying to trade their growlers for ba abraxas and such.
    My opinion on what the growlers should go for is what the other party is happy with giving. If you bought a bunch of growlers soley to ransom for whalish things it kinda goes against what the beer community used to be in general. It seems that as of late people are more into being beer "brokers" than guys i'd actually want to sit down and drink with.
    I don't know about you guys but I'd rather sit around a table with friends and drink coors than sit alone in my Basement and stare at all my rare beer that I trade raped people for.

That being said, king sue is fucking awesome. I drank the 2 growlers I bought, traded and drank a third, and waiting to drink another on Saturday.
    If someone wants to trade me another one for a mamouche or something lemme know.

Cheers, josh

24. Alpar

Alpar Savant (490) Kentucky Apr 13, 2009

Do any of your guys' friends have a cable car?

25. Let me ask him. He says no sorry. Lol

DBijnagte likes this.
  26. Thank you for saving me time.

27. Thank you as well.

28. Abbbp

Abbbp Advocate (535) Texas Mar 9, 2013

Wait are you posting it FT? In Texas I'd still appreciate a week old King Sue. Hook me up Midwest!

29. DBijnagte

Do you have BA Abraxas, DB Huna, or VSB? That seems to be what people are asking. Life is Like is as low as the FT are getting.

If you are patient it will be easier in the future.

30. Abbbp

Woah. But I thought there were no limits?

31. DBijnagte

There weren't. People got a large allotment of growlers and are trying to only get whales for them. That's kind of what this thread is about now. It's a super delicious beer, but people are trying to trade rape with it. In 6 months it will calm down.

32. Abbbp

Oh I gotcha, this is what happens when you allow a Texan into a Midwestern forum. My bad, I missed that... Nonetheless, definitely ISO (now or in 6 months...)

BarrelAgedBarry and DBijnagte like this.
  33. mnbuffalo

mnbuffalo Aficionado (215) Michigan Jul 26, 2012

Jeez. Tough crowd. I traded for a 64 Oz growler of Fuzzy Baby Ducks and gave up a Darkness. The guy in CT also sent it 2 day delivery. I'd consider K.S. and FBD to be fairly comparable in trade value. I would think you get a Huna or Backyard level bottle. The other FTs seem a bit crazy.

Ungertaker and DBijnagte like this.
  34. mnbearsfan

mnbearsfan Savant (425) Minnesota Dec 25, 2009

I was there Tuesday. ..they quit doing growlers because they wanted everyone to have some. I had some....you are correct though on what was said

35. nachos

nachos Aficionado (240) Minnesota Jun 4, 2012

When will the Bros. get off their lazy butts and create some sort of beer stock ticker, I mean, come on! Let's start treating beer like the commodity it is!

36. nograz

nograz Aficionado (235) Minnesota Oct 30, 2013

There is a beer auction site that someone is asking $175 for a growler of King Sue. That is insane.

37. XmnwildX12

XmnwildX12 Champion (795) Minnesota Nov 12, 2010

Must have bought 7 growlers?

38. MPLSbrewer

MPLSbrewer Savant (250) Minnesota Dec 7, 2010

Tell me what site it is. I'm bored and need a good time suck

39. MNPikey

MNPikey Advocate (500) Minnesota Feb 27, 2011

40. nograz

nograz Aficionado (235) Minnesota Oct 30, 2013