1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

King Sue Growler

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by striker2160, Apr 24, 2014.

1. XmnwildX12

XmnwildX12 Champion (770) Minnesota Nov 12, 2010

These people should start funding Four Firkins :eek:

McRyan, MNBeerGeek, Hopsiam14 and 2 others like this.
  2. But when am I supposed to know when people are being sarcastic around here?
    Don't you know you're supposed to use the fucking bug eyes :rolleyes: when you're being sarcastic???

Wait...wasn't the trade we just did yesterday, for the Parabola, for your friend?

http://www.beeradvocate.com/communi...at-are-you-looking-for-options-inside.168672/

If not, then you used false pretenses in your ISO.
    I was only hooking you up because you said it was for a friend.
    I even told you yesterday that I needed more Bourbon County like I needed a hole in my head.

I hope your "friend" enjoys that Parabola.

Seriously though...I really don't give a shit :cool:
    Ask anyone who really knows what I'm about.

3. That actually was for a friend. It is already boxed up and I am shipping it tomorrow. I traded my beer for someone else so I could get them something they haven't tried. I personally would much rather have bcs and variants... but the beer really wasn't for me.

lonewolfcry likes this.
  4. God, I hope you're not taking anything I say seriously...
    Glad to know that you're not sarcastically getting beer for friends all the time though...lol
    Gotta keep me guessing and on my toes - right?

By the way, my friend says Cheers!

And yes... I am my friend, and my friend is me.
    I wouldn't have any, if it wasn't for him.

Sorry guys, but me & my friend already drank my only growler of King Sue...

BrettHead and mothman like this.
  5. It kind of sounded like you were serious. I am pretty defensive with my internet cred and I am not the type to lie. If I want something, I'm not gonna hide behind an a crappy offer and say I am setting the trade up for a friend. I specifically said the parabola was for a friend. The beers I were trading were my beers (i.e. beers I can trade). Had nothing to do what he was offering :)

I appreciate the trade, let's all put our guns down and get back to enjoying beer. Thanks again for another awesome IP trade :)

lonewolfcry likes this.
  6. mothman,
    That is part of the reason I started this thread was because people where challenging my
    Internet cred.those IP trades
    were for a friend and that is the reason some of my friends felt the need to back me up, because I am not one to lie.
    Cheers!

7. MRC711

MRC711 Aficionado (155) Minnesota Oct 22, 2007

Have you heard the one about a friend with no internet cred walks into a bar......

striker2160 likes this.
  8. Not trying to be rude here, but does your friend have the internet or access to the web?Or maybe a smartphone?

Anyway, I hope your friend gets what he is looking for. Cheers!

9. Bunuelian

Bunuelian Savant (370) Minnesota Mar 22, 2013

This thread is written like the Onion. Or from the point of view of a borderline personality that hasn't taken his meds. Or both.

maximum12 likes this.
  10. He has access to all three he was just new to BA and with being new he didn't quite know what not to ask for.
    Cheers!

11. I am the actual friend. I am getting a kick out of all this stuff.
    will be cracking a flat grower of king sue tonight if any body's interested?

12. Douggo

Douggo Aficionado (235) Minnesota Oct 24, 2009

This thread rocks.

13. nograz

nograz Aficionado (145) Minnesota Oct 30, 2013

If you need it recarbed, let me know, I have a co2 tank and regulator setup I can use. We can either play it fast and loose and carb it in the growler or play it safe and ghetto and put it in a plastic soda bottle.

14. wspanic201

wspanic201 Aficionado (205) Iowa Apr 26, 2010

I've got a soda stream we could use if you don't get things worked out with nograz.

15. Nice. Lol
    I think i need to invite striker 2160 over.
    seems he has taken some punishment cause of me.

16. Cyclone8

Cyclone8 Savant (425) Minnesota Oct 19, 2011

Have you ever actually tried that with flat beer? We have one and I've used it to carb vodka (which is really interesting).

17. maximum12

maximum12 Champion (755) Minnesota Jan 21, 2008

Funny how your style of writing also
    has lots
    of cut off sentences, identical to that of striker666. I find that to be quite a coincidence & highly
    amusing. You're not another facet of TheBeerDrinker's
    personality, are you?

18. That is actually the product of being 50 something and not college educated. I am afraid you guys might be stuck with us.

19. Definitely not connected to me. I didn't get any of those growlers. I'm on house arrest. Not to mention that I try to trade fair so 95% of my trades get done.

maximum12 and McRyan like this.
  20. jera1350

jera1350 Advocate (740) Minnesota Dec 15, 2007

Agreed. Are we dealing with a multiple personality BA??? I'm amused and confused at the same time. It's like trying to wrap your head around how big the universe is.

21. Early candidate for Midwest Forum thread of the year. We were all on the bus. We all saw it quickly directed towards the edge of the cliff. Some of us hit the gas, some of us tried to turn back, most of us just sat in the back and went along for the ride.

At the risk of standing foolishly in front of a retroactively ironic "Mission Accomplished" banner...it looks like disaster has been averted, and we may all get away with nothing worse than some hurt feelings (?) and annoyed passengers vowing to never again use Metro Transit.

On topic: ...and hopefully an impromptu King Sue growler share!

22. nograz

I don't know why I didn't think of this early, complete opportunity wasted!

I should have started a funding campaign to have allowed me to purchase 33 growlers of King Sue and then for me to record me smashing them in front of everyone when they ran out. Just like all the yahoos used to do with a gaming system and iPhone releases.

23. You can look at his threads asking for big things for his growlers. I was one to comment that he was asking a bit much. He said I was making myself look foolish because he stated the trade was for a friend. Now it seems his friend didn't know the trade value so one can only presume striker666 picked the bottles he was trying to "win" in his trade posts for King Sue.

24. celfan

celfan Savant (465) Vermont Jul 4, 2004

once a brewery gets huge, release parties suck. forget about the past releases, never going to be like that again.
    i saw the same thing with Hill Farmstead when they got big - ridiculous lines, pissed off people, line cutting when the limits were approaching, resentment for all of the out of state license plates etc. each release got a little better when they figured out ticket and line strategy, but when they first got big the releases sucked bad. now they just put most of the stuff on the shelf midweek and got rid of most of the weekend shit shows. it just wasn't worth the headaches for the brewer and employees.

hill farmstead used to have a no limit policy, thankfully they changed that . i was behind a guy who bought
    30 growlers of the same beer (one tap for each variety) and enough bottles to bring his total to $1988.
    the brewer was in Europe for that, when he returned the limit was set. today you can only get three growlers
    at a time (and may of the DIPAS are now only availavble in 750 ml growlers). if you want more, go back to the end of the line. lines are often 2-3 hours even with the three container policy.

25. mmulebarn

mmulebarn Savant (470) Minnesota Sep 1, 2013

I think hill farmstead is the exception, not the rule. It will be more difficult to obtain Toppling Goliath brews in the near future. It doesn't seem like they are at their peak production levels and they can always expand. Hill Farmstead has been pretty adamant this is their final expansion. Once the craft beer bubble bursts and all these "new guys" find a new obsession. It will be back to "normal".

26. GeezLynn

GeezLynn Advocate (500) Minnesota May 10, 2009

You hear this idea frequently, but the problem is that no one (that I'm aware of) has any real evidence indicating when or how drastically this will occur. The rate of growth in the industry is beyond what anyone at their most optimistic would have predicted even 2-3 years ago. Craft beer, wine and top shelf liquor sales grew even during a recession period when many other luxury items sales slowed down. From my perspective "normal" is long gone.

Supply eventually catching up with demand is a safe bet for craft beer, but I think it's difficult to forecast how many people will be longtime consumers vs. those currently riding the latest fad.

27. shawnp

shawnp Savant (455) Minnesota Jan 15, 2010

I can't believe this thread is two pages long....

28. mmulebarn

mmulebarn Savant (470) Minnesota Sep 1, 2013

Craft beer and other top shelf liquors are the new luxury items.

29. Ungertaker

Ungertaker Savant (460) Minnesota Apr 30, 2010

I am waiting for LifeOfBrian to chime in with some nonsensical story about the time his mom and friend went to Toppling Goliath; also, the rumors he has heard about TG or anything else.

mnbearsfan likes this.
  30. Wow the buy it price is 999 bucks. I know it is not me.
    I drank my MD.

31. Bond111

Bond111 Savant (335) Minnesota Feb 14, 2011

I'm from Rochester, & can guarantee its not me... With that said, I know of only 6 people in town that are big into craft, & can personally say it shouldn't be any of them either... Makes me wonder about one guy that I see all the time at limited releases, & had talked with him once... It could be him?!?

This type of shit with growlers & rare beers going for crazy amounts makes me hate the dark side I also see with ticket scalpers, & any other "fad" that people leech off of because at the end of the day they aren't good at anything other than being a fucking leech.

I'd rather set someone up with a "rare" beer for something of equal *cost-**than trying to profit a few dollars & sacrifice my integrity, & what craft beer really is about

*what I paid to said brewery/retailer & no time/gas $$ involved
    **you can't put a price on integrity. Craft beer is about being humble, sharing with friends, & not being a douche/leech.

32. morimech

morimech Advocate (675) Minnesota Nov 6, 2006

It is kind of humorous to know these guys are sitting on 10 growlers of flat beer.

33. nograz

You never know... they may have a growler saver!

I would never re-carb beer in the glass growler with my co2 system for obvious reasons, but if I ever had flat beer. I would have no problems pouring it in a plastic bottle and force carbing it with my co2 system so I could drink it.

Thinking of picking up a growler saver too. Haven't had any issues with growlers to date, but adding an extra level of security wouldn't hurt.

34. tgchief

tgchief Savant (305) Iowa Nov 30, 2010

I wish people would not ship growlers, but have enjoyed many shipped growlers myself. When I receive one I like to know the date filled and my expectations are not as high as they would be if I were having a fresh draft of said beer. Please drink growlers fresh! Avoid trading for them when possible, when not go for it.

King Sue is going to be bottled when we finish the label details and we plan to bring this beer into our DIPA line up even more next year. Remember, hops do not grow on trees and Mike just created this DIPA a little while ago. Also, we have to insure our established production continues on the rapid pace you demand :) (thank you!).

So many great local beers available to all of us now. Enjoy us (local craft brewers) all and we will continue to grow slowly but deliciously.

35. Bump...

I think it's very humorous that we drank a growler this past Saturday - 2 weeks after your "flat beer post"
    The King Sue lost no carbonation whatsoever, and tasted as fantastic as it did on Easter.

Nice job TG!