1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

King Sue info

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by HeadyTheElder, May 3, 2014.

1. I'd love to try this beer.

How often has it been brewed? And what are plans going forward? Are bottles on the horizon?

I assume it's only been available as brewery-only growler fills as of now. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
  2. mattafett

mattafett Savant (465) Iowa Mar 9, 2009

King Sue has been done twice. The first time it went to a few select bars/restaurants, and the tap room. The second it was tap room only and sold out in 2 days. It sounds like it will be out probably 1 more time this year in bottles, after label approval. They plan to hit it hard next year.
  3. Phil_H

Phil_H Savant (280) Wisconsin Jun 4, 2013

The 2nd time it did hit some bars. At least it went to Sloopy's in La Crosse.
  4. aubzachsyd

aubzachsyd Savant (305) Iowa Oct 7, 2013

And damn was it good.
    dman127 likes this.
  5. Abbbp

Abbbp Savant (385) Texas Mar 9, 2013

Soooooo good!
    dman127 and aubzachsyd like this.
  6. Stevedore

Stevedore Champion (835) Wisconsin Nov 16, 2012

I drank over a gallon of this beer over the course of Madison Craft Beer Week. And I'm not sick of it... want more. It's that good.

They aren't filling growlers of it over at the tap room, but I have been told it definitely figures into their future plans in a big way.
    UWBadgerFan4Life likes this.
  7. dman127

dman127 Aficionado (240) Illinois Jul 11, 2011

I need more of this in my life
  8. Phil_H

Phil_H Savant (280) Wisconsin Jun 4, 2013

The one night I was able to get it I drank 6 pints. It was awesome.
  9. As someone that follows @Stevedore on twitter, I can absolutely guarantee he drank at least 1 gallon of King Sue during Madison Craft Beer Week. :D I had 2 glasses and it's the best IPA/DIPA I've ever had. I tend to prefer IPAs over DIPAs. King Sue was right in my wheelhouse for DIPAs. 8.5% ABV and super drinkable. More hop forward and not a syrupy sweet mess.