1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

KRE trade Value

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by bostonbeans, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Hey Guys,

I have a Bottle of KRE and I'm pretty sure I'll never drink it... Anyone know what it's trading for?

2. HomeBrewed

HomeBrewed Savant (400) Minnesota Dec 10, 2006

If you've never had it, I would definitely recommend drinking it. If not, probably $30 in limited release beer.

3. tommyz

tommyz Advocate (510) Michigan May 28, 2007

If you have not had it, why would you trade it?

4. I've tried it before and thought it was a great beer, but my palate has changed a little and I'm not sure I wouldn't prefer something different right now. Thanks for the replies guys.

tommyz likes this.
  5. tommyz

tommyz Advocate (510) Michigan May 28, 2007

Limited Release Brewery Only beer is what it would go for...$30 is what it was sold for...

bostonbeans likes this.
  6. Thanks!!

7. HugeBulge

HugeBulge Savant (430) New York Dec 31, 2012

I just traded for one and was wondering which is more desirable, the '07 7oz or the '12? or do they both trade around the same?

8. While $30 of limited/brewery-only beers is a fair trade, I got my KRE for some "shelf" Alpines, seasonal, and Tired Hands growler (part of a bigger trade)...all $4$. What we both really got in the end was a new regular trading partner who have beers that each other want and willing to do gopickupforme. This was a turning point for me in how I value these limited beers that I have: great and repeat trade partners > rarity/bottle count.

RayOhioFelton, bigk84 and F2brewers like this.
  9. F2brewers

F2brewers Moderator (490) Massachusetts Mar 12, 2005 Staff Member

IMO (full disclosure, I have both) '07 > '12, but that's just me.

While you're at it, don't forget the '04 which came in both the 6.3 oz. bottle and the fantastic mini-decanter bottle...

tommyz likes this.