Kuhnhenn Blueberry Eisbock Release

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by Michigan, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Tnudish

Tnudish Initiate (0) Wisconsin Feb 16, 2012

Lol, they all suck dude. Blueberry on the other hand, is fucking delicious. Quality>Quantity.

2. Rempo

Rempo Initiate (0) Indiana Jan 18, 2010

Can someone post the Harlem Shake vid from the line? There was a Harlem Shake vid...right...?

3. chanokokoro

chanokokoro Advocate (590) Illinois Jan 31, 2012

They do? Really? The BA Moloko, Behemoth, and Topless Wytch variations are delicious. I also enjoyed the BA Alpha Klaus variations. I heard Murda'd Out Stout was delicious as well although I haven't had it.

Sorry to disappoint you.

4. Bay01

Bay01 Savant (445) Illinois Nov 19, 2008

Any update on remaining bottles? If I get there around 2 will I have any chance at either Eisbock?

5. travMI13

travMI13 Savant (400) Michigan Jan 7, 2012 Verified

I think the bigger point is what Steebo said earlier: The eisbocks are unique brews. I wouldn't drop 50 bucks on a BA FFF bottle because, no matter how delicious they are, are they really going to beat similar brews that top out at half the price? Other than the BA Dark Lords, I doubt it.

KRE, however, is without question the best fruit beer I've ever had. It's like raspberry chocolate cake in a glass, and I haven't had anything else remotely close to it.

I don't like the price; it's ridiculous. But there flat out aren't other beers like these. They simply don't exist, Kuhnhenn knows it, and we are going to pay the price because it it. Literally.

maximum12 likes this.
  6. Andygirl

Andygirl Savant (280) Michigan Jan 3, 2013

Almost to the front, I will ask on bottle #s.

7. Wade5614

Wade5614 Aficionado (235) Michigan Feb 18, 2012

If I had to guess I'd say that they will be sold out but u never know. There still a long line that's been there since 11 that wrapped around the bar

Bay01 likes this.
  8. Andygirl

Still a good amount. Whatever that is.

Bay01 likes this.
  9. chanokokoro

I'm not disagreeing. However, for me, the "uniqueness" of the brew doesn't justify $30 for 12.7 oz. It's that simple. If I lived near Kuhnhenn, I'd stop by, get a draft of both RE and BE, and pass on the bottles and grab some bottles of the Mich. Mud, etc. That's just me though.

10. ehammond1

ehammond1 Champion (790) Jul 4, 2008

It's not the Harlem Shake, it's the Thizzle Dance!

11. elephantrider

elephantrider Savant (285) Michigan Mar 25, 2011

Just left with one of all 4 releases. Line wraps around the taproom to men's bathroom which is where I started. Waited about 45 minutes.

12. how are things looking?

13. any idea how much longer it'll last on bottles?

14. elephantrider

elephantrider Savant (285) Michigan Mar 25, 2011

No clue. Sorry.

15. detroiter

detroiter Aficionado (240) Michigan Aug 4, 2009 Verified

Lines gone. I think it's still for sale.

16. thanks!

17. JohnB87

JohnB87 Savant (360) Michigan Mar 14, 2011

Walked right up to the register and ordered. I'm the dude in the Tigers jacket.

18. Romulux

Romulux Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 28, 2008

Expecting "good" and got "great"! Blueberry is friggingfantasmagorical!

tectactoe likes this.
  19. Ha what a day....Blueberry mud, shit is just unreal. Glad to have had both on tap, and scored a bottle of both. Still bottles left, but maybe a case or 2 total of the KRE and KBE. No line though.

20. advent

advent Aficionado (185) Michigan Jan 7, 2010

I got to try their Blueberry Eisbock last week when they were taste testing different batches with the brewers and it tasted like cough syrup.. it wasnt my type of beer.. it was generous of them to pour their patrons this brew though..

21. steebo777

steebo777 Advocate (580) Michigan Jun 30, 2009 Verified

Fixed for ya ;)

bierenutz and Marti403 like this.
  22. steebo777

No disappointment here, had all except the witch and didn't think they were worth $35.

I thought this was a Kuhnhenns thread? :D

chanokokoro likes this.
  23. Czar_chasm

Czar_chasm Savant (390) Michigan Jun 20, 2012 Verified

The draft was the same price ($15 for 6 oz) so either way you're paying the same price

24. chanokokoro

"Worth" is really up to the individual. Which brings me back to my original post. For me, a 12.7 oz. bottle of basically anything isn't worth $30, especially when you can enjoy a draft of each beer for a much more reasonable price. Seeing that Kuhnhenn just posted on Facebook that there were only 11 bottles of BE left; there are plenty of people that don't feel the same way I do. That's cool. I'm glad they were able to get the bottles they wanted.

Marti403 likes this.
  25. chanokokoro

$15 for a 6 oz. draft? Now that's even crazier. That's all I've got...

26. Mjmoser

Mjmoser Savant (420) Illinois May 6, 2012

Having never had one, I would prolly drop the $$ to try it if I was in the area. Just wouldn't make the trip without knowing. Sounds intriguing though.

I spent $15 for a 1oz pour of Utopias at a bar in NY. Wanted to try it!

27. tectactoe

tectactoe Champion (870) Michigan Mar 20, 2012 Verified

Had the blueberry and raspberry on tap. Opted not to get the bottles, though there were some left around 2:30pm. Raspberry was a little better IMO, but the blueberry was still delicious. There simply aren't any other beers like these in the world.

kdmcguire10, Andygirl and Czar_chasm like this.
  28. adamant1912

adamant1912 Savant (425) Michigan Jan 10, 2010

Well had both on tap, nothing like I've ever had, both pretty tasty. However, not the "best beers" I've ever had, maybe the most unique. Wouldn't spend the money again for them, and grabbed a bottle of blueberry because I probably won't ever have another like it and wanted to share. Couldn't drink a lot of either, though, but glad I tried both. Mud was eh, good, but nothing exceptional.

29. bierenutz

bierenutz Savant (320) Michigan Jan 21, 2010

Hey, I still have several of those...think they're whales now? :cool:

semibaked likes this.
  30. bierenutz

Yeah, but that doesn't mean it's gonna be good. Just saying. Are these Kuhnhenn bottles pricey...yes. But are they also tasty...hell yes!

31. bierenutz

But then you'd spend that same $30 for 12 oz????

32. Blowofftube

Blowofftube Aficionado (215) Michigan Dec 26, 2012 Verified

Just curious, how many bottles of Mud and the Gold left? Don't care for the Eisbocks that much.
    ISO

33. Andygirl

That was great. All the new releases were fabulous.

Circleo12 and Czar_chasm like this.
  34. blue is gone and raspberry is close

35. Well if everything is still left....somebody hook a brotha up!

36. FEUO

FEUO Initiate (0) Ontario (Canada) Jul 24, 2012

Now everyone will resort to buying up Mud and Gold. :(

37. tclang

tclang Aficionado (225) Wisconsin Nov 11, 2011 Verified

Michigan DOT needs to understand the concept of salting the roads. With that said, the blueberry bottle is the only thing out and Mud is delicious

ajzy and Andygirl like this.
  38. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 Savant (455) Illinois Mar 19, 2012

No, no they don't. Murda'd, Conquistador de Muerte, BA Behemoth, and BA Behemoth with Cherries are legit.

Straight up: 12oz bottles shouldn't be priced higher per oz. than Rare and Brandy/Bourbon Vanilla Dark Lord. These beers aren't on that level.

Lansman likes this.
  39. steebo777

Yeah... well... that's just like your opinion, man.

RMTWM likes this.
  40. dblab33

dblab33 Savant (365) Michigan Dec 9, 2011

So you went up there and tried them both? I hope so, otherwise I'm not sure how you can make that assessment.

mikecharley and SteelersX like this.