1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Kuhnhenn for St. Patrick's Day

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by Steimie, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Steimie

Steimie Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 7, 2012

Thinking about taking the Mrs. for St. Patrick's Day @ Kuhnhenn. Having recently relocated to MI, I don't know much about this. Help me out.

Do folks wait in line to get in and do they open earlier than their usual Saturday time of 11am?

How's the food?

Will it be packed if we get there when the doors open?

Anything else I need to know?

Any/all info is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
  2. camil1mj

camil1mj Savant (405) Michigan Oct 4, 2010

Check them out on Facebook. It has all the info.
  3. bierenutz

bierenutz Savant (310) Michigan Jan 21, 2010

The doors open at 7:00.
    Expect a line at that time.
    The breakfast food is good and free until noon when "traditional" irish fare will be served at a price.
    It should be crowded and, likely, a good time will be had by all.
    The crazy breakfast beers will be fun to try and likely available in flights to get a sampling of several.
    Come and enjoy yourself.
  4. Heh, I'm planning a road trip up to MI for that weekend and am hoping I'll be able to get into Kuhnhenn on St Patty's day. Have they done this before? Is it going to be stupid to arrive around mid-afternoon?
  5. DrDoitchbig

DrDoitchbig Savant (335) Michigan Jun 6, 2009

It'll still be worth your while especially if you've never been to Kuhnhenn. I'm sure they'll still have some of their crazy breakfast beers on-tap. As of a few days ago they still had bottles of Bourbon Barrel 4th Dementia so you may be able to get some of those as well. I'd recommend stopping by.
  6. jale

jale Savant (465) Michigan Oct 17, 2009

I'll be there at 7am. Should be a great time.