1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Kuhnhenn question

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by Andygirl, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Andygirl

Andygirl Savant (280) Michigan Jan 3, 2013

Does anyone know if they have their own growlers or will fill other growlers? I want to get there about when they open and the website isn't clear.
  2. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Michigan Mar 17, 2010

I know they have their own growlers, and I would imagine that they'll fill other growlers but can't confirm that for sure.
  3. steebo777

steebo777 Savant (485) Michigan Jun 30, 2009

They'll fill any growler. Their growler is actually pretty sweet though.
    MarkIntihar likes this.
  4. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Michigan Mar 17, 2010

Truth. Love that one.
  5. Andygirl

Cool, thank you guys. I will probably fill 3 or 4, and I only have 2 clean. So damn excited to finally go.
  6. Just a head's up, the last time I was there (probably about a week ago) they were out of their own growlers. I couldn't tell you if they had any more come in since then, but I would bring your own in case.
  7. Andygirl

They had growlers and everything I wanted. It was great, other than the driving through the city part.
    JohnB87 likes this.
  8. Steimie

Steimie Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 7, 2012

Did you get lost? Why wasn't the drive thru the city good?
  9. Andygirl

The gps had me take 75 to 96 to 94(or vice versa) then again to 75 then to 696. It was nothing but fighting to merge, get off, get on. Next time I will find a better way. Warren was fine though.
  10. gpawned

gpawned Initiate (0) Illinois Jun 5, 2012

Has anyone ever asked a bar/brewery to sanitize their growler before filling it? I'd guess most wouldn't mind if you were in a pinch.
  11. Andygirl

Mine was clean and they did it anyway. However, I have heard other breweries bartenders refuse to use or wash outside growlers.
  12. Blueribbon666

Blueribbon666 Savant (490) Ohio Jul 4, 2008

Do they distribute to Ohio?
  13. miketd

miketd Savant (485) Ohio Mar 2, 2006

They will send a few kegs to The Brew Kettle for their Ogre Fest, but other than that, no.
  14. landrewg

landrewg Aficionado (210) Michigan Nov 11, 2008

Send me a message next time you need directions around the city. I used to be a truck driver all over the metro area.

Gotta help out a fellow Andy!
  15. Andygirl

Thank you, I will!