1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Kuhnhenn Winter Solstice 2012

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by liamt07, Dec 2, 2012.

1. RyanMM

RyanMM Aficionado (210) Michigan Mar 12, 2009

What the hell happened with BB4D? I was #110 and didn't get any. Last year they had a fuckton.
  2. Czar_chasm

Czar_chasm Savant (330) Michigan Jun 20, 2012

Wait, they sold bbbw bottles today that weren't available yesterday?
  3. Wade5614

Wade5614 Aficionado (205) Michigan Feb 18, 2012

They had a 1 bottle limit on BBBW yesterday.
  4. Czar_chasm

Bummer. It wasn't on their facebook list so I never knew...
  5. Tony412

Tony412 Savant (255) Michigan Jan 26, 2012

IIRC, it was printed on the bottle order form, you just needed to order one. Sorry that you missed out, I hope you were able to get a pull or three on tap.
  6. Czar_chasm

I'm actually out in Boise for Christmas break but one of my classmates was nice enough to swing by and grab me a few bottles. I'm sure I'll get a chance to try it at some point since I live about 4 miles from Kuhnhenn but I might have to be patient...
    Tony412 likes this.
  7. buzze40

buzze40 Savant (300) Illinois Mar 9, 2010

Back at ya Liam BNL was mind blowing great stuff!!!!
  8. #18 in line Representing,

I have to say that this event was handled real well. The customer service was great. They even misplaced my order and did everything they could to find it in a timely manner. In addition the BBBW on tap was so good. I also enjoyed some fresh DRIPA. This event was well worth making from Pittsburgh.
    Theeabyss likes this.
  9. travMI13

travMI13 Savant (355) Michigan Jan 7, 2012

I saw it being made, and it may be the most badass piece of glassware I've ever seen. It's lavender and pink swirl with a single horn on the side.
    cosmicevan likes this.
  10. steebo777

steebo777 Savant (485) Michigan Jun 30, 2009

I had a couple friends buy some glassware and custom snifters. So bad ass.
    TheMonk41 likes this.
  11. Glad to hear it was a hit!

And guys, post some pics of these snifters if you've got 'em! I wanna see!
    cosmicevan likes this.
  12. mike409

mike409 Aficionado (200) Michigan Jan 25, 2012

BBBW still on tap
    Wade5614 likes this.
  13. JohnB87

JohnB87 Savant (325) Michigan Mar 14, 2011

Do they have bottles of anything left still? I was thinking of stopping by.
  14. Wade5614

Wade5614 Aficionado (205) Michigan Feb 18, 2012

Just left and had BA solar left. Pretty much everything left except BB4D and BBBW.
  15. bierenutz

bierenutz Savant (310) Michigan Jan 21, 2010

Both are on tap though and tasting mighty fine :p
  16. I ended up getting some BA solar, BBBW and Brazilian Pepper Mead. BB4D on tap was great. Might go back there just to sample some more beers!
  17. JohnB87

JohnB87 Savant (325) Michigan Mar 14, 2011

Drank some beers at Kuhnhenn and got drunk. Ended up at National Coney Island right meow and ran into Glenn from the Walking Dead.
    Theeabyss and raymo55 like this.
  18. drgarage

drgarage Initiate (0) California Aug 19, 2008

Made my first visit yesterday -- my wife got a shillings and I had a BBBW on tap. Then I found myself with a mixed case of all kinds of wonderful things. As noted, only the 2 vintages of BB4D and the one of BBBW are gone.
  19. tommyz

tommyz Savant (440) Michigan May 28, 2007

The Imperial stout was gone as well
  20. drgarage

drgarage Initiate (0) California Aug 19, 2008

Sorry, yes. Overlooked it because BA Solar Eclipse is what I was excited about in that category...
  21. Thank you all who came out and enjoyed yourselves this year. As many have pointed out, we implemented some new methods for order handling, etc. this year, and we're extremely happy to get all the positive responses from all of you.
    Look for some more surprises in the coming months, including some awesome changes to St Patrick's Day and beyond.
    Cheers!
    -The Entire Staff at Kuhnhenn Brewing Company
  22. Tony412

Tony412 Savant (255) Michigan Jan 26, 2012

Imperial stout is available in bottles again, picked up a few more bottles today. BBBW is still flowing on tap...
    [​IMG]
    liamt07, Wade5614 and Czar_chasm like this.
  23. mike409

mike409 Aficionado (200) Michigan Jan 25, 2012

Keep up the solid improvements :)
  24. Three full pours of that ended my Friday night in the best (or worst?) way possible :)
  25. travMI13

travMI13 Savant (355) Michigan Jan 7, 2012

Got the call on Saturday, and I went in Sunday. Grabbed my brews, and I enjoyed a BBBW and a pour of chocolate raspberry port pyment before heading out. Both were great. Again, nice customer service, guys.

Can't wait to go back. I could get used to BBBW on tap.
  26. Czar_chasm

At the risk of sounding like a creeper, I have to admit I've had a crush on Samantha since I first went to Kuhnhenn. But yeah, all the staff at Kuhnhenn have provided awesome service everytime I've ever been there (even during their busy times)...
  27. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

Yeah that is pretty fucking creepy man, hahaha not sure you needed to share that. TMI and whatnot!

;)
    Advocate_Ames and Czar_chasm like this.
  28. Well, she IS pretty hot.
  29. Czar_chasm

Just had to get it out somewhere I suppose. Carry on, nothing to see here (oh, and check your inbox man...)
    MordorMongo likes this.
  30. Saturday was a first time visit to the Brewpub for me. Had a chance to visit the store before, but was in a rush, and was forced to roll back to Canada with out getting a Dripa or two. The BBBW is one of the best beers I've ever had, and I'm currently cracking my first bottle of Solar Eclipse. You guys have rifled into the high ranks in my books. The Dripa was soooo fresh tasting, and I enjoyed most of the selections from the Soliltice paddels a lot. Can't wait to head back for the second round release of BB4D, and fresh pints of DRIPA. Cheers from Windsor, ON!
  31. jawzman

jawzman Aficionado (210) Minnesota Mar 20, 2010

Random shot in the dark here, but my parents may have left a six pack behind at the Winter Solstice. My parents dropped off my box of goodies today, and I am short two BBBW and four American Imperial Stouts. They left Kuhnhenn around 4:30ish...

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!
  32. raymo55

raymo55 Savant (465) Michigan Oct 3, 2011

They were very likely out of both of those by 4:30....but check your receipt to see if you got charged. I know they ran out of a couple of meads I wanted and they had to reprint a receipt with a new total.
  33. jawzman

jawzman Aficionado (210) Minnesota Mar 20, 2010

Yeah, they were charged, and had their order placed by 11:30. I gave a call to Kuhnhenn, but just thought I'd throw it on here to see if somebody may have seen something. Thanks.
  34. TheBandit1

TheBandit1 Initiate (0) Michigan Mar 19, 2011

Just to heap more praise onto the guys at Kuhnhenn and the release. I got #180 something on Friday and couldn't stay for my order. I told someone working there I needed to leave and he said they would call about it later. Long story short, I received a call the next day. Unfortunately I was about 300 miles away. I indicated the same and the person on the phone (Phil?) asked when I would be back. I told him Wednesday and he told me he would hold it for me. Just got to Kuhnhenn and picked it up (along with few others and two pulls of BBBW). My order was very small but they have a customer for life (though I probably would have continued to go anyway).
    MarcatGSB likes this.
  35. Cheers to all those that stopped me and said hi, YES, I was the guy with the baby in tow. He did great for his first winter solstice! I am disappointed at no bb4d, but I knew they had a bottle supply issue going in and I am sure I will get some soon. BB Solar Eclipse was as good as advertised!

F the guy that cut and Dan if I was there with you I would have pulled him out back with you. That kinda stuff is unacceptable and I wish you would post his handle on this thread.
    kenm2118 and RyanMM like this.
  36. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

How the hell did you asshats manage to get THREE COUNT EM THREE 4 Elf threads shut down BEFORE the event, this one is still going strong...Weak sauce. John, I'm putting this on you.
    TheMonk41, raymo55 and JohnB87 like this.
  37. RyanMM

RyanMM Aficionado (210) Michigan Mar 12, 2009

Obviously it's Chicago's fault.
    JohnB87 and MarkIntihar like this.
  38. Marti403

Marti403 Savant (460) Michigan Jul 23, 2011

Kuhnhenn also held my order until Wednesday so I could come back and pick it up after being away for the holiday. They substituted a BB Eclipse for a BBBW and I was okay with that since its still on draft. Cheers to you Kuhnhenn!
  39. gklover1

gklover1 Savant (255) Colorado Oct 18, 2009

HELP!! BB4D 2nd bottling Gopickitupformebro??
  40. Corbet

Corbet Savant (330) Michigan Nov 7, 2010

Next year the Winter Solstice will be on a Saturday. I'm sure that will be fun...
    steebo777 and JohnB87 like this.