1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Kulminator Hours of Operation

Discussion in 'Benelux' started by shirsch, Mar 6, 2012.

1. I am planning a trip to Kulminator on a Monday. Will they be open and what time do they open? Are they open on Sundays?

2. Just made a phonecall with Dirk from kulminator

They are open all weekdays from 4 pm tell 12 pm
    Only on monday they are open from 8 pm tell 12 pm
    Closed on sunday

Adress

Kulminator
    Vleminckveld 32,
    2000 Antwerpen
    Tel.: 03/232.45.38

3. UncleJimbo

UncleJimbo Site Editor (955) Massachusetts Sep 11, 2002 Staff Member

I think Saturday is 4 pm til 1 am, right?
    Friday night is sometimes til 1 am, too.

4. I'm not sure about that , Dirk told me that they changed there openinghours because they want to slow down abith
    I don't think that they will throw everybody out i've it's 12 pm , but you never know with Dirk -:)

UncleJimbo likes this.
  5. claaark13

claaark13 Advocate (680) Indiana Nov 29, 2007

THEY ARE CASH ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They greatly prefer Euros to USDollars as well. They do not accept CC!!!!!!!!!! The sushi place across the street also only accepts cash and Euro CC!!!! Remember that!!!!! Not that I know from experience or anything, but I've heard stories. Sad, sad stories.

6. UncleJimbo

I have always paid cash there. There is an ATM just around the block on Lange Gasthuisstraat, east of De Kulminator.

7. claaark13

It closes at 12am....or so I've heard. Don't been seen by the cops trying to get in there either once it is closed or they may ask questions.

8. claaark13

All of my semi-joking aside, Jim is right and I'm serious about the cash-only part. He's been there a bit. There is an ATM well within 5min walking distance of Kulminator. I think it is an ING bank. I would suggest getting money ahead of time though instead of leaving to go to the bank after you get your bill.

9. UncleJimbo

Really, the ATM closes at 12 AM? I think the latest I have used it is around 10 PM on my way to Kulminator.

10. knile

knile Aficionado (105) Netherlands May 17, 2007

11. UncleJimbo

I have wanted to try inserting an image in a post. ;)

Let's see if mine works: [​IMG]

12. I can not insert any pictures! What am i doing wrong guys?

Thijs

13. UncleJimbo

Click on the green icon that looks like a tree (insert/edit image), and then enter the URL of a jpg file. (Maybe gif works, too.) The URL must be for a file. Preview your post before posting.

14. That is the stupid thing Jim, i push on that button untill my thumb hurts but nothing happens. The same with the film modus. It worked in the beginning of this new set up but now it stopped!

Thijs

15. UncleJimbo

Very strange, Thijs. I don't know what could be causing that. Maybe your browser?

16. I am working with Google chrome now and it works! (I hope...)

UncleJimbo likes this.
  17. And now i also know how the photo 'thing' works! This is Leen, the wife of Dirk

[​IMG]

UncleJimbo likes this.
  18. TurdFurgison

TurdFurgison Champion (785) Ohio May 29, 2005

I just went to Kulminator this week, thought I'd mention that Dirk found some 1979 St Sixtus Prior and ABT! And the prices aren't too excessive either.

19. knile

knile Aficionado (105) Netherlands May 17, 2007

Yes! I had that Prior last time. Fantastic deal! For those who wish to quibble, it's listed as "1979 +/-".

20. UncleJimbo

Breaking News: Kulminator will be closed April 10th through April 19th, 2012.
    There is a slight chance it might be opened on the 19th, but at this point they say it will be closed.

21. Jimbo, I am planning on going up on Saturday, the 21st, should we be good to go? Thanks!

22. What is 'not too excessive' Eric? Did you drink them?

Thijs

23. TurdFurgison

Thijs,

I think it was 9 euros each, something like that. And I tried them, just for the experience. Little to no carbonation, lots of raisins/plums in the flavor (especially the Prior). I'd had a 1988 ABT a few years ago, and by memory it wasn't too different.

24. UncleJimbo

As far as I know, yes, but I will see if I can find out anything more and get back to you here.

25. UncleJimbo

Here is the sign that is posted a Kulminator (I copied it from a post on Facebook).

[​IMG]

26. Nice!! Thanks for the info. I have made the trip up from Brussels before to encounter the Gesloten sign of despair!! You would think I would have learned to call ahead having lived n Belgium for almost 3 years....

27. I just called the Kulimator and they are back up and open for biz. I am headed up there tomorrow; anyone have any advice on what to try (i.e. verticals)? I am hoping they have some De Dolle SN special reserva, as that has eluded me thus far!

28. TurdFurgison

They had several vintages of Stll Nacht Reserva last month. You should be ok. I especially liked the 2005.

claaark13 likes this.