1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Kulshan beer now available.

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by beertunes, Mar 21, 2012.

1. beertunes

beertunes Member

The brand new Kulshan Brewing here in Bellingham has started getting beer available. I had a few pints of their Bastard Kat IPA last night and it was very tasty. Lots of floral and citrus/lemon notes and the beer was unfiltered. Their tasting room will hopefully be open by the end of the month (they're just waiting for final inspections from the City and Health Department). It's on tap at The Copper Hog, and should be in more Bellingham bars this week. Should be showing up farther South soon.
  2. beertunes

beertunes Member

Quick update, they have beer available at several places around the 'Ham now and hopefully their tasting room will be open next week. The available beers are the ones currently on the beer list here: http://www.kulshanbrewery.com/beer-list/
  3. NWer

NWer Member

Looks like another trek to Bellingham is in order. Damn. With Boundary Bay, Chuckanut, and now Kulshan, Bellingham is becoming a destination beer town.
  4. distantmantra

distantmantra Member

I've got spring break this week from work, so the wife and I are thinking of doing a little day trip to Bellingham along Chuckanut drive with our 7 week old daughter. Have to keep an eye out for this.
  5. bifrost17

bifrost17 Member

Do you think some kegs of this will start popping up around Seattle?
  6. beertunes

beertunes Member

Eventually. They just started getting more kegs out this week, and I think their plan is to gradually start working the way South. Probably Skagit, then Snohomish and then Seattle.
  7. NWer

NWer Member

How does that work? Do they distribute their own kegs or do they go through a distributor?
  8. beertunes

beertunes Member

They're self-distributing. One guy in a van visiting accounts and making themselves known. Fortunately, their sales guy is well-known and respected in the industry. They want to make sure the can service the accounts they do get, before stepping out. I'm just guessing, but probably at some some point they'll go through a distributor as they reach farther out from Bham.
  9. beertunes

beertunes Member

There was just a post on Facebook that the Kulshan Porter is now on tap at the Pourhouse in Port Townsend, the first account outside of Whatcom County.
  10. beertunes

beertunes Member

Boundary Bay, Chuckanut, the Copper Hog, The Green Frog, Elizabeth Station, Bayou on Bay and (if they get open) of course, Kulshan are all-family friendly. Except for BB and Nut, I believe Kulshan is, or will be, available at all of the above. Shoot the brewery a message on FB and they'll let you know where exactly their at:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kulshan-Brewing-Company/114462868651493
  11. beertunes

beertunes Member

And this just in, they are now open: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kulshan-Brewing-Company/114462868651493 . Hours and other info here: http://www.kulshanbrewery.com/beer-list/ .

From the South: I-5 to exit 255 (Sunset/Mt.Baker Hwy), turn left at the top of the ramp, then left again onto James. Less than a mile South on James you'll see Trader Joes on your left, Kulshan is a couple blocks farther on the left. Not sure of their parking situation, but there is generally plenty of street parking in that area, especially after 5pm. From the North, Exit 255, go straight across Sunset/Illinois onto James.
  12. distantmantra

distantmantra Member

We're leaving Seattle in a few minutes for the tulip festival, definitely hitting up Bondary Bay for dinner and some beers (bottle of Imperial IPA and Barleywine!), but I'm sure that will be about it due to kiddo only being 7 weeks old and probably ready to melt down after that much.