La Fin du Monde

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Cenosillicaphobe, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Cenosillicaphobe

Cenosillicaphobe Savant (360) Maine Jul 24, 2011

Yeah yeah...token brew of the day...but it's even better than I remember it being so many years ago...which doesn't happen often.....anybody had a similar experience with this or other brews?

2. JK4Stout

JK4Stout Aficionado (240) Virginia May 10, 2010

I feel that way about Mad Elf every year....or maybe that is just a two year old Mad Elf

3. Derranged

Derranged Advocate (525) New York Mar 7, 2010

I was supposed to go a pouring which featured La Fin Du Monde and Theobroma. Plans didn't work out, now I'm home, not drinking anything and watching The Legend of Ron Burgundy.

SammyJaxxxx likes this.
  4. My favorite beer to pronounce thats for sure.

szmnnl99 likes this.
  5. They were pouring the same 2 by me for the days festivities!

6. Derranged

Buddah Bar in Manhattan?? That's where I was gonna go.

7. alexipa

alexipa Savant (420) Colorado Oct 7, 2011

Fin Du Monde is absolutely excellent. Coincidentally, I'm currently sipping on an Eau Benite which is another great Tripel from Unibroue. I still prefer Fin Du Monde by a bit though.

Immortale25 likes this.
  8. Ford

Ford Savant (490) Texas Sep 8, 2012

Scotch, scotch, scotch..

outsider likes this.
  9. Derranged

Scotchy scotch scotch...

10. Cenosillicaphobe

I do like a good Scotch.

11. lokieman

lokieman Savant (475) Oklahoma Jan 20, 2011

Had the same experience....haven't popped a La Fin in quite some time and forgot how stupidly delicious it is. I have a feeling Unibroue will see their sales bump up a little with a lot of people rediscovering this beer.

12. Cenosillicaphobe

I'm still sipping this 750...and in awe...I don't generally drink good stuff when my head is full of flames...but I popped it for the whole theme thing...and wow...will be coming back soon...and I need to revisit some of the others I loved...and check out some I never knew...or something.....

13. Specific Gravity-Salisbury MD

14. MarioM

MarioM Advocate (525) California Sep 13, 2009

Awwww! I tried picking one up today and missed out, didn't look to hard and settled for Trois Pistoles, but aww, wish I was sipping on that wonderful end of the world Belgian Triple... Hopefully we don't all die and I live to enjoy it again another day.

15. My highest rated tripel! La fin is amazing, dont get to drink enough of it.

16. St. Bernardus Christmas...had it about 3 years ago, and swore it was the second-best (nearly tied) BSDA I'd ever had, after Westy 12. Busted one out a couple of nights ago (w/2 years on it) and it was every bit as good as I remembered. For many of us, I don't think that revisiting a beer often matches up with how we 'remember it', but this one certainly did. Wish I had the $ for a case...

17. goast8127

goast8127 Savant (400) Michigan Oct 15, 2010

La Fin is very good. Had it for the first time in probably a decade. My memory failed me and it surpassed my expectations.

18. I cracked up at all the La Fin Du Monde reviews from last night; I had to work today like most of us and didn't want to stay up that late but I see my bretheren did!

19. anyone cellared LFDM before? how does it age?

20. I'm pretty sure this whole Mayan calendar thing was just a ploy started by Unibroue to sell more La Fin Du Monde.

...And it worked perfectly.

21. Blueribbon666

Blueribbon666 Advocate (560) Ohio Jul 4, 2008

Yes, sir, seriously one of the great ones for my money.

22. Delicious, available, and affordable. I've usually always got a couple bottles of these on hand at all times, usually buy another 4 pack when I'm down to my last one haha.

23. I find La Fin Du Monde to be the best beer Unibroue makes !!

HarrySTruman likes this.
  24. harrymel

harrymel Initiate (0) Washington Dec 15, 2010

That happened for me with Obsidian Stout from Deschutes a year or so ago. Yum.

25. I prefer La Fingante when it comes to Unibroue Triples.