La Folie 2012 in Houston?

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by canadianghetto, Mar 5, 2012.

1. canadianghetto

canadianghetto Savant (495) Texas Oct 15, 2011

I've heard about it around in other markets but nothing about any in Houston. Weird since La Folie 2011 is still on shelves in some places. I need to find a bottle to finish up a trade to send out this week so hopefully someone can give me some info. Thanks!

2. dumptruck81

dumptruck81 Savant (390) Texas Dec 28, 2011

I used the lilbation locator on their website. Shows plenty of places that have it in Dallas and Austin but not anything in Houston. They may have screwed you guys this year.

3. miikezombie

miikezombie Savant (355) Texas Aug 13, 2010

Join the club!

4. LadyOfMuchBeer

LadyOfMuchBeer Savant (380) Texas Apr 30, 2011

I picked one up in San Antonio Saturday. Haven't seen any in Houston, we will probably get it super late as always.

5. kmello69

kmello69 Advocate (535) Texas Nov 27, 2011

Austin is overflowing with it. Roadtrip time!

6. canadianghetto

I will be there next weekend for the Jester King event. Will definitely hit up the Spec's on Brodie. Any Cocoa Mole left? That was also a very small shipment here. I got one bottle and would like another to trade also. Most of the Lips of Faith stuff has been very easy to track down, but I guess we got a short allotment of these releases fro some reason.

7. LadyOfMuchBeer

I found Cocoa Mole at Oak Hill Liquors in Austin before their move. I forget what they changed to or where they moved to, but I believe they even do growler fills now? Haven't been yet.

8. kmello69

Last time I was at the Specs on Brodie, they had plenty of Cocoa Mole and La Folie, but its been a few weeks. I think Sunrise still has some as well (they had plenty of La Folie a few days ago when I was there)

canadianghetto likes this.
  9. kmello69

Went to Whole Foods and Specs Arborwalk today. Tons of La Folie to be had, but i didnt see any Cocoa Mole at either location. That one might be gone, but Arborwalk was sick with La Folie (I saw at least 25 bottles) so I imagine Brodie will have it too.

10. dumptruck81

I think Cocoa Mole may be long gone. I should have picked up the overpriced bottles at the flagship store when I saw them.

11. canadianghetto

How much? Got my 1 bottle at HEB for $9 I think.

12. dumptruck81

I think it was $11 or $12. They have a great selection but have some jacked up prices.

13. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Savant (430) Texas Mar 12, 2012

Is the libation locator accurate in your (or anyone else's) experience?

14. UHCougar12

UHCougar12 Advocate (500) Texas Feb 21, 2011

I could have sworn I saw some at the specs on 290@jones yesterday, but from a glance all those "lips of faith" bottles aesthetically look the same to me.

15. LadyOfMuchBeer

I have a feeling I will regret it, but I am about to ship off my only 2012 La Folie as an extra. I sure would like to taste this year's myself, but I know the person at the other end will truly appreciate a chance to try it. They don't get any NB at all.

16. UHCougar12

UHCougar12 Advocate (500) Texas Feb 21, 2011

17. miikezombie

miikezombie Savant (355) Texas Aug 13, 2010

It tends to stick around in other cities like San Antonio and Austin. Hell you can still find 2011.

18. mhenson42

mhenson42 Advocate (605) Texas Nov 20, 2011

There's alot in SA. If someone in Houston wants to swap some cans of Karbach Rodeo Clown and Hell Fighter, I'd be happy to ship some La Folie their way if they can't find it in Houston.

19. LadyOfMuchBeer

I am not even going to pay shipping to get something from Houston to SA, I will however, happily bring you some Karbach next time we come out to Freetail!

20. mhenson42

mhenson42 Advocate (605) Texas Nov 20, 2011

That'd be great. Thanks Laura. Are you coming to the Ananke release on 4/7?

21. LadyOfMuchBeer

Kevin really wants to go, I doubt I can, there is an Easter event that day my kiddo wants to go to. I am really hoping he can find someone to ride with him from from and back to Houston.

We also have a Southern Star Brewery event the previous weekend. I try to space beer events a little for family AND the pocketbook.

22. dumptruck81

From New Belgium

"The data from the locator comes from a distributor sales database which is maintained by a separate company called Vermont Information Processing. Oddly, most breweries use the same software for tracking of data as VIP has a very large market share of the distributors in the country.

Specifically, the data is *sales* data as you pointed out correctly. The timeframe is a little different because we have both retail (bottles, cans, kegs) and draft locations which have different icons in the map. The retail packaging sales go on the map if that location has purchased data within about 8 weeks... however, it is not weighted based upon quantity, so if a location buys 1 case of Cocoa Mole or 500 cases of Cocoa Mole, it will unfortunately show up the same on the map, for 8 weeks. Draft locations are a little shorter as a keg hopefully does not last 8 weeks on tap."

I would think it's pretty accurate as to where their product has been distributed. If it's still on the shelf when you get there may be a different story.

This was my first year to try La Folie. Pretty damn tasty:D

H0rnedFr0gs likes this.
  23. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Savant (430) Texas Mar 12, 2012

Awesome. I'm going to hunt some down then.