1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Lagers on cask

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Providence, Jan 10, 2013.

1. fmccormi

fmccormi Champion (760) New York Oct 24, 2010

Yeah I've read a bit about that one, and Urban Chestnut more generally, and it really sparked my interest. That's one I'd love to try.

2. If you can get your hands on some Urban Chestnut Zwickel, I would encourage you to get it.

During the promotion of the Urban Chestnut beers I got a chance to talk to the brewer (Florian Kuplent). He was a great guy to talk to and needless to say a very experienced brewer. We talked about mundane things (his wife and my wife are Jersey girls) and about his brewing background. He was born in Germany and educated in brewing there. He has brewed at several European breweries, brewed at Anheuser-Busch for many years, and is now an entrepreneur as being a co-owner of Urban Chestnut. A wonderful story; you can read more here:http://urbanchestnut.com/the-brewmaster

Cheers!

fmccormi likes this.
  3. Their brewmaster, Florian Kuplent, worked at A-B. From the Urban Chestnut Web site:

"So for the next several years, Florian worked at Anheuser-Busch, Inc., learning many of the aspects of the brewing business that A-B is most respected for across the industry: batch consistency, quality assurance and yeast propagation and control.

During this time at A-B, Florian was also given free rein to experiment with new ingredients and different recipes at the brewery’s experimental microbrewery, which was where he created a series of award-winning craft-style beers under the well-known Michelob brand."

EDIT: Jinx. Horzempa and I seem to have found a common wavelength today, as this is the second simultaneous/similar post of the day.

fmccormi likes this.
  4. fmccormi

fmccormi Champion (760) New York Oct 24, 2010

Awesome! Thanks, man.

5. “Horzempa and I seem to have found a common wavelength today”

That is because we are brothers from another mother!;)

Prost & Na Zdrowie!