1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Lagunitas Imperial Red DCd?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by OneBeertoRTA, Jan 14, 2013.

1. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere from them that they didn't have the capacity this year.
  2. kirbmeist

kirbmeist Savant (340) Florida Mar 16, 2012

i hope so imperial red is delicious. I dont drink enough good reds. Tocobaga is delicious as well. Hoping to get some NN soon
  3. Imperial Red was a very nice beer. Almost as good as NN.
    I will miss it.
    Lucky for me Troegs is distributed here in NJ.
  4. YogiBeer

YogiBeer Savant (485) Illinois May 10, 2012

My favorite beer. :(

5. I can think of a couple seasonals I would have them swap out for the Imperial Red:)
    lokieman likes this.
  6. It better not go anywhere, I like it better than NN.
    Zaphog likes this.
  7. I agree but maybe they'll make it up to us again with another awesome beer like Sucks.
  8. mychalg9

mychalg9 Advocate (660) Illinois Apr 8, 2010

Aw that might have been my favorite Lagunitas beer.... :mad:
  9. phooky

phooky Savant (410) New York Jan 23, 2010

Sucks>Shugga>Undercover>Red
  10. EnronCFO

EnronCFO Savant (455) Massachusetts Mar 29, 2007

Never had Imperial Red. Is it similar to Lucky 13?
  11. You've got Ballast Point tongue Buckler out there.

12. That was a drain pour for me. I was hoping it would be up there with LIR and NN but it was malt heavy and kind of flat. Not sure why they keep making it tbh...
  13. I'm curious too cuz I love lucky 13!
  14. lokieman

lokieman Savant (475) Oklahoma Jan 20, 2011

Imperial Red is quite a bit different than Lucky 13 if I remember correctly. Signature Lagunitas hop profile with a sweet, nutty malt background that you'd expect in a red ale. Isn't Lucky 13 a wheat beer?
  15. Lucky 13 is an american amber at 8.9%
  16. Imperial Red is a terrific beer, I would hate to see it go away
  17. lokieman

lokieman Savant (475) Oklahoma Jan 20, 2011

Oh forgot about that one...I was thinking of the Lucky 13.alt which I believe is wheat based
  18. Love NN!! All time favorite, can't wait to pick some up! LIR is pretty close to it though, unfortunate that we won't see any.....:(
  19. SeaOfShells

SeaOfShells Savant (350) California Feb 22, 2011

I've given this beer three chances. Twice on tap and once out of a bottle. Garbage every time. It's a shame too because Ballast Point is a top 3 brewery for me.
  20. soze47

soze47 Savant (335) Massachusetts May 22, 2010

I think I read that they do it every other year. Don't know why that is standing out in my mind. I loved this beer last year, but don't remember having it around the year before.