1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Lagunitas in London?

Discussion in 'UK & Ireland' started by schauzang, Mar 13, 2013.

1. schauzang

schauzang Aspirant (30) Austria Mar 13, 2013

Hi everyone, I'm in London for the next couple of weeks and I've been looking for a place that sells Lagunitas' beers. I've heard a few rumors that there are some floating around London but I've yet to find them...

I live in Vienna and there we would never have such a beer; I don't want to miss a chance to grab an IPA or a Hop Stoopid if it's possible.

2. I love Hop Stoopid! If it's possible, I don't know it. None of the online vendors or beer shops I go to for other American beers carry Lagunitas. If you do find it, I would love to know where.

3. Just get some Kernel IPA - job done!

4. No, Lagunitas isn't regularly available over here. There's usually some floating around after the GBBF in August, but that's all stock from the same one-off shipment.

Sorry.

5. Brewdog seemed to have Lagunitas on tap quite a bit when they first opened in Camden but that was ages ago now. I don't recall ever seeing Hop Stoopid just the regular IPA and a couple of others.

6. The number of Americans who come to London and look for Belgian beers, and the number of Europeans who come to London and look for American beers,
    [​IMG]
    Is too damn high!

jazzyjeff13, RendoMike, Ruds and 3 others like this.
  7. schauzang

Thanks for the responses everyone. I have to say that while my search did not end in finding Lagunitas, the journey alone was a fruitful and enjoyable endeavor. There really are some impressive brews coming out of London at the moment - The Kernel and Partizan being the most memorable for me. I would definitely come back just to go to the Kernel brewery on a Saturday.

CwrwAmByth likes this.
  8. schauzang

And just FYI - I talked to a friend of mine who works at Lagunitas. He says expect their beers in London by the end of April.

RendoMike likes this.
  9. Tell him we're fine for beer atm :p

10. We are not fine when it comes to awesome IPAs! Tell your friend Hop Stoopid and Sucks please.

11. The guys from the Kernel just died a little bit inside.

Hope you're happy jeeeez.

RendoMike likes this.
  12. Haha! I'm sure Kernel's IPAs are amazing, but I have yet to get one that wasn't past its prime. I've been meaning to get down to London and sample all their goodness.

Hop Stoopid holds a special place in my heart. It's the beer that turned me into a hop head.

13. Dennoman

Dennoman Savant (495) Belgium Aug 20, 2011

Awesome that you get access to Hop Stoopid soon. I seriously love it more than Zombie Dust, Heady Topper and Pliny. The Kernel does awesome stuff as well, especially some stellar single hops.

Padraig and RendoMike like this.
  14. Agreed and that's from someone who can pick up ultra-fresh Kernels ever weekend. Let's be honest, while many Kernel IPAs are amazing there are plenty of good/ok ones.

Apart from Halcyon, Axe Edge and Green Devil the UK isn't exactly overflowing with regularly available world class IPAs.

RendoMike likes this.
  15. richsdixon

richsdixon Initiate (5) Aug 5, 2013

Hello - just signed up to let you know that Lagunitas IPA is (I believe) currently still on draught at the Pelt Trader close to Cannon Street station. Tried it last week - what a magnificent pint.