1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Lagunitas Sucks: 32oz and year round!

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by beerme411, Apr 17, 2012.

1. BB1313

BB1313 Champion (770) Ohio Jul 16, 2009

... But I will admit I'm guilty of buying bombers here and there, usually in-state beers, which ultimately makes me part of the problem as well. I don't think they're going anywhere. I just don't like the concept. Oh well. I'll be buying Sucks.
  2. Really??? You have to use your own font? LOL
  3. Swim424

Swim424 Savant (320) Florida Apr 29, 2011

will it be the same price as the schlitz malt liquor, and hood beers? because that would be AWESOME!
  4. fartmaster

fartmaster Initiate (0) California Dec 27, 2011

holy shit...year round!!!...32 ounce bottles!!! badass!!!!!! cant wait for the next step.. Forties baby!!!
    Spikester and KevSal like this.
  5. Giovacchini

Giovacchini Savant (255) California Dec 16, 2011

Omg! This makes me so f-ing happy.
  6. GameFreac

GameFreac Savant (410) Georgia Apr 8, 2011

I don't know which news is better today...this or the fact that I'm gonna see Sleep live this summer.
    Falcone, DemoniChris and mrand01 like this.
  7. IpeeA

IpeeA Savant (355) Missouri Jan 22, 2010

All their beers are reasonably priced. I'd be very surprised if the value was much less than the 6 packs.
  8. Highbrow

Highbrow Savant (475) California Jan 7, 2011

speaking of "the hood", word on the block is Anchor did some contract brewing for Laganitas - if the Sucks announcement is accurate i wonder if that's what made it possible?
  9. Wasn't just "on the block" but tweeted by Magee and printed on the keg labels.

[​IMG]
    Altho' I think that their new larger brewhouse (delayed due to the in-transit destruction of their initial one- the reason why they also had to do some contracting with Anchor) is probably more of a factor of why Sucks is moving to year 'round production.
  10. riotinmyskull

riotinmyskull Savant (290) Virginia Dec 15, 2011

oh man...can't wait to drink this year round and fresh. i love this beer.
  11. Sneers

Sneers Savant (385) New Jersey Dec 27, 2009

I'm fairly certain I'll pick up the first 32oz'er I see.
  12. I agree with this. Poor taste.

Boy, they are really trying hard to stand out, so much so they are starting to look silly.
  13. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Savant (425) Texas Mar 12, 2012

National release Growlers.

As Rage Against the Machine once said "Fight the war, f@&k the norm"

Regardless of format, bring this on....now!
  14. Where will we see the 32 ouncers? Strictly in beverage centers? Or gas stations and convenience stores too?
  15. Wonderful news. Cant wait to see these in stores.
  16. BB1313

BB1313 Champion (770) Ohio Jul 16, 2009

What do you mean?
  17. This is awesome news, 32oz of this beer will make a good night. I'm sure it will find its way into 6 packs again at some point as well. "varied packaging" seems to be hinting at that.
  18. First the whole "green can" thing to attract attention, now them trying to look cool using the term "hood beers". Nice job guys, as said before, stay classy.
    beertunes likes this.
  19. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

Douchy interview.
  20. Yeah, because Olde E should be given the full respect it deserves. Lighten up, Francis.
    Ilyosha likes this.
  21. Didn't watch the interview. Don't care how douchy he is. Just want more Sucks now!!

I'm not sure what these "green cans" you speak of are, but if they fill them with Sucks then I'm down big homie.
  22. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Savant (425) Texas Mar 12, 2012

Sarcasm is "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter jibe or taunt",[1] usually conveyed through irony or understatement.[2] Most authorities distinguish sarcasm from irony;[3] however, others argue that sarcasm may or often does involve irony[4] or employs ambivalence.[5]

Please apply said definition to the interview, the name of this beer, and it's potential packaging. Just pop a top and enjoy.
  23. If this happens I will be VERY HAPPY, if it doesn't then I am going to be disappointed!
    Don't fail us now Lagunitas, bring back Sucks in whatever vessel you want, just bring it back.
  24. Was probably one of my favorite beers from them. Really psyched to see this happening.
  25. Sucks was one of the better beers that I have tried from them. I am all for them producing it year round.
  26. CTBeerPope

CTBeerPope Savant (280) Connecticut Jan 30, 2012

Hey lets try to remember this is craft beer. It should be fun and "out of the box" rather than snobby like some other alcoholic beverage communities can be. I know we wont always agree on everything here. Fun, fun, fun is what its all about in the end.
  27. ledzeppelin4

ledzeppelin4 Savant (365) Illinois May 18, 2011

That 32 oz better have a twist off cap.
    Spikester likes this.
  28. fartmaster

:( buzz kill
  29. 32 oz. for a double IPA? This is the equivalent of four beers that I have to drink in one sitting. Unless I'm splitting this with someone I'll wait until it comes back out in six packs. I love Lagunitas, and this beer was tasty, but it's not a Munich Helles or a pilsner.
  30. I thought this was craft beer, not class beer. What's with this insistence that everyone stay classy? WTF is this, the sequel to Dos Equis "Stay thirsty, my friend." commercials? How about everyone stay relaxed? When did people around here stop having fun with craft beer and turn it into high fuckin' society? Smoke a peacepipe, crack a beer, and enjoy the ride. It's too short.
  31. baconsausage

baconsausage Savant (270) Vermont Jun 28, 2010

yea, i feel like im getting ripped off. i mean, where are my other 8oz?
  32. They'll help build up your tolerance!
  33. DevilsCups

DevilsCups Savant (330) New York Mar 3, 2010

Do it Lags, do it.
  34. Bluecane

Bluecane Initiate (0) New York Dec 30, 2011

I might need to buy a wine stopper...
  35. FatSalad

FatSalad Initiate (0) Apr 19, 2012

Oh, I have one of those too.
    Unholygoalie likes this.
  36. Giovacchini

Giovacchini Savant (255) California Dec 16, 2011

This is a great marketing idea. I hope they don't cheapen the recipe.
  37. fartmaster

i hope they sell it for the same price as those gangsta beers.
  38. If this is going to be mass produced, I hope they do not compromise on the quality.