1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Lagunitas Sucks 32's = October

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Frankinstiener, May 14, 2013.

1. beerindaglass

beerindaglass Savant (300) Florida Feb 20, 2013

Did a business owner just F bomb his customers and call them dumbasses on a public forum?

Wow. That's a first I've ever seen.

2. Oh, you need to start following his posts then.

AwesomeSquad and BrettHead like this.
  3. If I can have 32's of sucks before the new year and sixers before spring I'll be extremely pleased. I completely get the whole trying something different thing with the 32oz format but we all just wanna know when we'll be able to purchase sixers of it. As long as that eventually happens and it's not an overly priced 6 pack due to hype (I'm looking at you sculpin) then I think everyone will be more than pleased with lagunitas like they always have been. Those guys are known to sell top of the line beers for working class citizen prices. I'm sure they wouldn't tarnish that reputation just to make a little extra money off the hype machine.

jrnyc likes this.
  4. It's totally a serious conspiracy to screw people out of money and a beer while being right in the middle of keeping up with an increasing demand while brewing at capacity while also being in the tail end of a multi million dollar expansion thousands of miles away. I think the head honcho gets a free pass to call the entitled beer queens here whatever he wants. They have earned it.

thatinvisibo, BrettHead and jrnyc like this.
  5. DogTown

DogTown Savant (260) California May 17, 2006

Sorry if the well-cloaked F-bomb was disturbing. Here's the double-super-secret reason that I'm putting it in 32's: to curtail demand a little bit. I am now, and, as most of us crafties are, having big trouble spending money quick enough to keep up with demand. We are seriously proud of the Sucks recipe. I wanted to get It out there right away as a regularly available beer but I didn't want it to become a bull in the proverbial shop of china. I don't want to lose control of our product mix either. I do want Sucks to be thought of and purchased as a special beer for special occasions. The 32 will be sumpin you'll do from time to time, if I am lucky enough for you to buy at all, and I hope you will. The second secret reason is that the beer got such a great reaction from you all and beyond that it seemed like good bait to get folks to look into that 'other' part of the cold box, the place where the old English hibernates. After Chicago and the next three breweries all all up and running the Sucks may find its way to a six pack full time but my guess is that by that time folks will have moved on to another favorite beer and all will be well...

And for the majority of you who read with good comprehension and without projection, you probably know that I didn't call anyone at all a dumbass. Except for beerindaglass. Itsall good. Cheers, and bottoms up.

bld81, shand, rob133 and 17 others like this.
  6. DogTown

DogTown Savant (260) California May 17, 2006

... a thing too about wanting to curtail demand... I am doing it with a package size, not with price, as is the craft industry way...I'm respecting your hard-won and harder-retained dollars... Please allow me that small about of cred...

rob133, Marty552, DemoniChris and 8 others like this.
  7. I can't see a bad deal coming out of this when some of those other breweries also looking for our love realize having 32 oz of beer (to share) is a slightly better idea than having 22 oz of beer.

Spikester likes this.
  8. Not a first for Tony.:cool:

He is engaged and passionate about his business and products and that is more than you can say about a lot of folks.

Just don't sell the customers short. There are 2500 other folks out there and a lot of them are good.

9. beerindaglass

beerindaglass Savant (300) Florida Feb 20, 2013

I stand corrected and apologize for the false accusation. I can admit when I make a mistake. I'm not familiar with winnie the poo. Cali lingo I suppose. I wiki'd it. Eeyore is a pessimist. I assumed the donkey was a simpleton. Not sure it applies, but I get it.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  10. prock180

prock180 Savant (320) Arizona Mar 9, 2013

Sucks, as good as I can remember is a great beer. Earlier this year I could've called it one of my fav's.
    Sucks in 32 oz format will not likely change that.
    BUT what will change that is if I never get to try it again.

Spikester likes this.
  11. yeesh Lagunitas quest 11/24/13 netted ZERO Sucks and Brown Shuggas. Anyone have any Sacramento-area sightings of either?

12. StLeasy

StLeasy Savant (410) Illinois Sep 8, 2013

Of course you will; they are expanding! What I'm hoping we're seeing now is the "calm before the storm" of Hurricane Lagunitas

13. rhythm

rhythm Aficionado (115) Texas Mar 20, 2009

Next three? What have you got up your sleeve now Tony!?

semaj likes this.
  14. BrettHead

BrettHead Advocate (535) Nebraska Sep 18, 2010

Love your gig Tony. We all at Beertopia/Crescent Moon look forward to checking out the Chicago brewery in the near future. Brew on! ~ Jason

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
    DemoniChris likes this.
  15. Love the attitude. Love the beer. Long live Lagunitas. People do remember these are the guys that released Undercover Shutdown Investigation Ale, right?

ChanChan and semaj like this.
  16. JaBes

JaBes Aficionado (195) Texas Sep 16, 2013

When's it gonna be in Texas? is what I wanna know...

17. Spikester

Spikester Savant (450) Oregon Jul 14, 2007

I have plenty of Lagunitas beers to tide me over. Just can't wait to try the 32 ounce Sucks.

18. RangnaR

RangnaR Savant (405) California Dec 17, 2012

Really? I've seen it at Total Wine and Bevmo around here (Rocklin, Citrus Heights for example)..

19. Your professionalism is something to be envious of.

Will do.

20. Fucking LOVE Lagunitas and their whole approach!

21. MichPaul

MichPaul Advocate (635) Michigan Jan 28, 2012

Yes... Because we want to keep this place clean and free of sarcastic, snarky posts just as it has always been... :rolleyes:

22. teledeluxe

teledeluxe Savant (390) Illinois Nov 21, 2013

Also easy to find Lagunitas bombers for $4.49 in Chicago... If only everyone priced them that way!

ChanChan likes this.
  23. Hey Eeoyre - if your liquor store (and every liquor store in a 50 mi radius and their distributor) decide to charge more than what the brewery suggests because they know beer geeks will pay just about anything for thier ticks, that's like their space man.... Why don't you just go to a different space like CA and get it - I heard they have killer medical grade you can buy too.

DavidHume and Rekrule like this.
  24. And yet, you never miss one of his posts.

25. And yet he had never been disrespectful that I had seen. Now that I realize there are so many options available to me, I'll just choose them now.

26. Sounds like a win-win to me, cheers!

Rekrule likes this.
  27. 32oz being distributed nationwide or limited to CA?

28. phooky

phooky Savant (420) New York Jan 23, 2010

Nationwide.

Has anyone seen them on shelves yet?

I tried checking previous posts to this has been mentioned already, but it may have been lost among the hundreds of posts of just bitching, moaning, bickering, and complaining.

jrnyc likes this.
  29. Shmuffalo

Shmuffalo Savant (310) Pennsylvania Feb 26, 2012

We need to close this thread. Make a new one with the first post saying -

Yes there will be six packs, and they should be on the shelves soon. 32oz bottles are out in California with limited quantities. The rest of the nation will get 32 oz bottles as they are rolling out shortly.

Spikester and sjverla like this.
  30. JayORear

JayORear Advocate (540) California Feb 22, 2012

Sorry, man, complete sentences and rational thinking aren't understood here.

BrewSlanga, denver10 and sjverla like this.
  31. Limited distribution in NorCal until they start brewing in Chicago in January, then we will all get to enjoy one of my favorite beers. I'm loving Tony's posts in this thread addressing uptight people with beer glass half empty attitudes.

phooky and jrnyc like this.
  32. NATIONWIDE.
    Perhaps and maybe instead of speculation and wild eyed entitlement.
    Pay attention to the actual website of the company instead of this chathole.
    http://lagunitas.com/beers/sucks/
    For those too lazy to tick through. 'ere.
    Available late December / Early January.
    Sold as: six packs, kegs and 32 oz in select markets.
    Any furthur questions?

DemoniChris likes this.
  33. You forgot this part...
    Last year, brah :rolleyes:

Tony has already explained the availability and reasons for the delay to nationwide distribution earlier in this thread. If it shows up earlier than mid-late January here in MI, I'll be very happy but I'm not expecting it.

34. Welp, people who like the 420 are very prone to making mistakes with text and putting things in while forgetting to take other bits out, but hey. The 32 oz size is mentioned there.

35. Hence my use of the term "brah" ;)

36. TheRealPour

TheRealPour Savant (445) Illinois Jan 29, 2009

Return in whatever format you wish, Tony...just return soon.

[​IMG]

37. FATC1TY

FATC1TY Moderator (640) Georgia Feb 12, 2012 Staff Member

All you tools crying about 32's of Sucks can send that shit to Georgia. We'll drink it, and not cry.. until it's gone.

Infact.. Tony.. send me some 32's. I'll bring them to Sweetwater and give Freddie one.. HAHAH!

DemoniChris and AnchorDrops like this.
  38. DrewLikesBeer

DrewLikesBeer Savant (325) Florida Jul 16, 2013

and me too?

39. FATC1TY

FATC1TY Moderator (640) Georgia Feb 12, 2012 Staff Member

Damn right.. Or we could share a bottle of 32' Sucks and enjoy it in company of others. Which is a great reason this format will be just fine.

DrewLikesBeer likes this.
  40. DrewLikesBeer

DrewLikesBeer Savant (325) Florida Jul 16, 2013

i've been hounding the stores in between lulls on this thread just in case they come in...i def can't wait to walk out of a store with one of these bad boys