1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Lagunitas Sucks 32's = October

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Frankinstiener, May 14, 2013.

1. Please post a video of this when you do
  2. Hell, I even tried to clon it when it was gone for the season! I cant wait to refill these 32oz bottles at home.
  3. Didn't "Dogtown" (aka Tony Magee) reply to another - and now apparently deleted - thread a day or so ago on this very subject and say that the beer has been brewed and will be bottled/shipped soon?

Anyone else remember that thread? I thought it had been merged into this one, but it appears it was axed completely instead.
    TongoRad likes this.
  4. I saw that too. Lost in the merging of threads, I suppose. The good news is that the wheels are definitely in motion.
    ChipMurray likes this.
  5. sbxx

sbxx Savant (465) Illinois Mar 21, 2011

This, a million times over.

I'm more likely to purchase Sucks on a regular basis now. I'd rather buy 2 pints worth when I feel like it, instead of having half the sixer sit for weeks while I drink all the other beer I have laying around.
    jman005, Kyrojack, jdmandel and 4 others like this.
  6. Spikester

Spikester Savant (425) Oregon Jul 14, 2007

I am Ok with the 32 ounce bottle but I wish you had taken the great leap to screw top 40s for the telling the spouce I had one beer honey, honest! Also would be cool for the you tube gomers chugging a Lagunitas Sucks 40!
  7. shand

shand Advocate (645) Florida Jul 13, 2010

It's shitty states like Florida that killed your dream by making any containers over 32oz illegal.
  8. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

Only beer. Florida white trash has gotta have their Franzia and 2L bottles of Jack Daniels.

Because laws make perfect sense!
    ironchefmiyagi13 and Bones10 like this.
  9. mmmbirra

mmmbirra Savant (355) Italy Apr 19, 2009

So 32 oz is two american pints. I don't see a problem. Split it with someone or drink two pints.
    BottleCaps80 and Spikester like this.
  10. nc41

nc41 Advocate (600) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

I think a 32 oz vessel is absurd as the only option. Should be in 4/6 pks too.
  11. Givemebeer

Givemebeer Savant (405) Vermont Apr 6, 2013

I need this beer in my life again.
  12. Can't wait to get my hands on a 32oz.
  13. Considering that Tony has already said that part of the reason it's in 32oz bottles is to lower demand, and therefore make it easier to keep up with demand all year... No. No it shouldn't be. I'm guessing they'll still have it once a year in 6-packs for the people who refuse to buy the 32.
    ironchefmiyagi13 and nc41 like this.
  14. MichPaul

MichPaul Advocate (625) Michigan Jan 28, 2012

Wait, am I reading this wrong or is he saying that Sucks will be in a 22oz format now instead of the 32's?
  15. nc41

If it's his goal to reduce demand that will do it, guys will think twice before opening one. Somethimes you want 1 not 3.
  16. Get a kegerator, a large stein, and position the couch next to both
    Givemebeer and nc41 like this.
  17. shand

You're reading it wrong. He's saying that the glass developed for Sucks by the glass company won't have any custom Lagunitas branding (ala DFH or Green Flash bottles), so other breweries will be able to use the format if they want.
  18. JohnnyMc

JohnnyMc Savant (425) Ohio Feb 14, 2012

Hell, here in Ohio most of their bombers are only $4.99-$5.49. Lagunitas has amazing pricing! I just got a growler of Maximus for $9.99! How can people complain about that?
  19. MichPaul

MichPaul Advocate (625) Michigan Jan 28, 2012

Ahhh, gotta excuse me... 4 hours of sleep for the day, as well as a head cold beginning has got me down...
  20. I don't get the bitching on price--the price is extremely reasonable. I will, however, be drinking less Sucks than I did last year because I'll only drink 32 ounces in one sitting on the weekend. Sucks was my perfect everyday beer last winter--affordable, and in 12oz bottles, so I could enjoy one during the workweek. I hope it's available in 6 packs as well as 32s so I can continue, but I'll still buy it, even if it's not--I'll just drink a bit less.
  21. shand

But those ever scary urban youth drink 40s!

It's basically dog-whistle racism, one of the least offensive and harmful dog-whistles, but still one.
    Spikester and cnbrown313 like this.
  22. Never had Sucks but I am absolutely pumped for this to be released !
    wr3ck00n and ChipMurray like this.
  23. Hehe.. I'm familiar with that game..
    ChipMurray likes this.

24. Same. I think I have yet to dislike any Lagunitas I have tried and I have heard SUCH good things about Sucks. Can't wait!
    ChipMurray likes this.
  25. Westuh

Westuh Savant (335) Wisconsin Oct 9, 2012

Lagunitas has the best pricing for their bombers, may be the cheapest in WI next to Lakefront's. I'll be being cases of these this year.
    ChipMurray likes this.
  26. No Brainer...I'm in.
    YogiBeer and ChipMurray like this.
  27. Probably won't see these in Jersey until they open Chicago unfortunately.
  28. drocpsu

drocpsu Savant (250) New Hampshire Dec 25, 2006

As much as I loved Sucks the first time around, I know I will find myself in this category. Typically, when I have a beer at home, I only have 1. When I crack a bigger bottle (corked Belgian, for example), I'll typically re-cork it and split it over 2 nights. I'm sure the times that I'd buy a 32oz bottle of Sucks for myself are far fewer than picking up a 6-pack and spreading it over a couple weeks. It's a bummer, because I love this stuff. But, it's Lagunitas business decision, so they can distribute it however they want.
    HawkIPA likes this.
  29. nc41

I agree, it's a tasty Ca brew comparable to Alpine Pure Hoppiness perhaps in terms off style. My opinion here.
  30. I guess this is a comment on my own fondness for beer in quantity but it just always surprises me on a forum of beer lovers how many of them think two pints is too much for a weeknight.

Are these quarts still on for sometime in October or has that been pushed back? Coz, you know, 9/29/13, just sayin...

Ps Alesmith IPA finally hit Denver early this mo and at $6.99 a 22 oz bomber I've been drinking one pretty much daily (and / or an Avery Dugana) and with absolutely no complaint about the price. That's more than Tony was talking about for a quart...lagunitas has in my mind been a leader on pricing as much as or even more than on quality, over the years.
  31. hoppytobehere

hoppytobehere Savant (495) Colorado Aug 10, 2012

AleSmith IPA is good, but it sure ain't no Sucks. Can't wait for this to hit Denver.
    ChanChan likes this.
  32. jminch

jminch Savant (340) Ohio Jul 17, 2011

Is it October yet? I've been waiting for Sucks to return since last winter.
    DemoniChris and RobertV916 like this.
  33. BadJustin

BadJustin Savant (250) New York Dec 18, 2010

Lol @ people complaint about having to drink two pints, the horror!
    Mongrel, cnbrown313, Gtg642 and 12 others like this.
  34. beercanman

beercanman Savant (485) Ohio Dec 17, 2012

It should be a 40oz.
  35. Jake1605

Jake1605 Initiate (0) Missouri Nov 24, 2009

I pictured this having a swing top like a 30oz growler. I don't care though, if I open a bottle I'm drinking it. I like to set the cap or cork on top to trap the carb while I enjoy my pour.
  36. It is going to a pretty standard looking "steinie quart" bottle, crown-capped, if the image on their van is accurate.

[​IMG]

Quarts were once the second most popular beer bottle size in the US. Of course, that was in the era when one got a "cents per ounce" discount for buying a larger sized bottle over the smaller 12's...
    Norseman, KentT, Broanoke and 2 others like this.
  37. Jake1605

Jake1605 Initiate (0) Missouri Nov 24, 2009

That's pretty sweet.
  38. Talked to a rep last week and he said Cali might see 32oz bottles in Dec and they weren't rolling them out until Feb to other states. Also said that 6packs will be back this winter for the last time. I don't know if this is accurate at all, has anyone heard anything similar to this?
    YogiBeer likes this.
  39. Last six pack run, that sucks imo. For me personally, I'm glad its going year round. However, I bought 2 cases worth of Sucks sixers last winter, always very fresh too. I rarely buy cases of a particular beer. These big bottles I will most likely pick up here and there, but nowhere near as often as the six packs. Not to mention that these quart bottles will most likely not turn over as quickly as a limited 3 month run would which makes it harder to get the beer fresh. If this beer went to a late December to early March release annually in sixers, I honestly could care less about it going year round. Worth the wait each year for fresh beer in a convenient size. It's a very puzzling decision by Lagunitas but I digress.
  40. JayORear

JayORear Advocate (520) California Feb 22, 2012

I love beer, but sometimes I just want a single beer, not two pints of an 8% DIPA. What's so surprising about that?
    lic217, HawkIPA, WeymouthMike and 5 others like this.