1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Lagunitas Sucks 32's = October

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Frankinstiener, May 14, 2013.

1. beerindaglass

beerindaglass Savant (300) Florida Feb 20, 2013

No shit. I'm 165 pounds and I like to get up early and execrcise in the morning. I don't need that much booze on a weekday night. Apparently there are some big time drinkers on here who can put these things away like a daily cup of coffee. I know rednecks who drink basically an equivelent 5-6 bud light for dinner. Good for them.

HawkIPA likes this.

2. Sitting on the front porch drinking one of these is enough to make every momma proud.

StubFaceJoe and PsilohsaiBiN like this.
  3. An "equivalent" or exactly that?

2 pints of a 7.85% beer and you can't get up and exercise in the morning? This is getting ridiculous.

FTR, I'm also 165 lbs and don't drink every night.

ryhayes, KhakCane, cnbrown313 and 2 others like this.
  4. mj81

mj81 Advocate (555) New Jersey Sep 11, 2013

I'll just do the same thing I do when I don't want to drink a full bomber...open, pour what I want and then just use a vacuum type bottle saver to keep the rest fresh. Keeps it fine for days for me. I'd rather a company take the precaution to try and reduce demand than try to over stretch their limits and have the product possibly suffer.

5. BeerMeInStl

BeerMeInStl Savant (475) Missouri Jan 26, 2013

Exactly. There's plenty of times that I only want one beer.

Kyrojack likes this.
  6. Me, too. And at those times, I won't be popping open a quart of Lagunitas Sucks.

Other times...well...I think it'll be a fine "dinner" beer, slowly topping off my glass during a meal, like in the old days.

BlastBeats, ryhayes, skinsfan and 4 others like this.
  7. aleckpa

aleckpa Savant (440) North Carolina Dec 20, 2010

People are seriously opposed to this?

tzieser, KhakCane and dawatts like this.
  8. BeerMeInStl

BeerMeInStl Savant (475) Missouri Jan 26, 2013

I'm not opposed to it. I'll take Sucks any way that I can get it. If I had a choice, I'd take it in 12 oz bottles.

SaintBenedict, nc41 and aleckpa like this.
  9. cyde

cyde Savant (320) Texas Feb 12, 2012

Easy fix if you can't finish a bottle in one sitting.
    [​IMG]

GameFreac and aleckpa like this.
  10. Spikester

Spikester Savant (450) Oregon Jul 14, 2007

Take an empty swing top pint and pour it full. Then pour the second pint into a glass and drink it. You can handle a pint of beer I hope?

OnWisconsin likes this.
  11. GameFreac

GameFreac Savant (410) Georgia Apr 8, 2011

12. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Savant (255) Ohio Jan 24, 2010

This may be the only time bud light and Sucks share a reference in the same thread. Throw in the redneck comment, and I know it is a first.............

I personally have no problem, don't have to get up to get a second beer...................or almost a third for that matter. Definitely not an every night type thing, but when sucks calls, I will be answering.

tzieser, hoppytobehere and Spikester like this.
  13. The day these come out is the day that I become a full-fledged alcoholic.

DemoniChris likes this.
  14. 12oz please

15. nc41

nc41 Advocate (650) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

Variety.

32 oz for a party/split. Bombers/ 6ers. Ya, I want to come home on a Tues and pop a 32 oz er. Not.

16. Rep at Brewgrass told me December as well, also said 32s already made. Don't know about Feb or last 12oz this winter

17. shand

shand Advocate (645) Florida Jul 13, 2010

Well, shit. Looks like Mission beat Lagunitas to the punch here ... kinda. They just introduced 32oz cans of Shipwrecked and El Conquistador. Neither are anything close to Sucks quality-wise, but I rather enjoy El Conquistador and hope to down a few 32oz cans before Sucks makes it around.

18. rails

rails Aficionado (170) California Nov 8, 2012

Some people would complain if you hung them with a new rope. Just saying

19. beerindaglass

beerindaglass Savant (300) Florida Feb 20, 2013

Well, I do live in the south and am also in the construction industry, so it may not be the last reference as long as I'm on the forum!

So far the biggest positives of this new 32 oz. format is that people won't have to make an extra trip to the fridge and it will look cool at pool parties in California... And I certainly can't argue with that.

rails likes this.
  20. I'll gladly take Sucks anyway I can get it.

chimaychick, j47paco, dawatts and 2 others like this.
  21. My only complaint about the 32 oz. bottle is that being the only drinker in the house, I buy 32 oz. growlers exclusively. So, I may decide to fill fewer growlers because I know that every time I crack a 32 oz. Sucks, I'll need to finish it off. Not because it might not last, but because I like Sucks so much. But it's a first world problem, I know.

Kyrojack likes this.
  22. mrw1zard

mrw1zard Savant (285) Alabama Apr 5, 2013

I"m all for whatever format allows Sucks to be on the shelves more often than not. My only problem with the new format has nothing to do with the new format, but with stupid state laws here. We just got Lagunitas recently and we can't sell 32 oz beer (only up to 25.4 oz). Silly laws....looks like more trips to neighboring states!

23. 32oz Sucks may just be the greatest thing to happen in the beer world since the founding of Hill Farmstead

24. gkingus

gkingus Disciple (70) Rhode Island Jan 15, 2013

I agree. I imagine it would be cheaper per ounce in the 6-pack format too.

25. Icarus

Icarus Aficionado (215) Minnesota Oct 6, 2012

I will gladly drink 32oz of Sucks in a sitting, I don't see any real problem with this.

Take off your skirt comes to mind...

26. Based on what I've been reading recently in this thread, is Sucks not going to be released till December at the earliest, and then only in California?! I'm all for Sucks being in 32s, I'm just way more concerned about having to last another 2 months till I can get my hands on this stuff again!

Spikester likes this.
  27. RangnaR

RangnaR Savant (405) California Dec 17, 2012

Why do you want to see what's under my skirt so bad?

beerme411 and BeerMeInStl like this.
  28. MrDave

MrDave Advocate (575) California Jan 23, 2013

GODDAMMIT! Every time I see this thread come back up to the top, I foolishly think there may be some news about Sucks hitting the shelf soon.

29. mnstorm99

mnstorm99 Advocate (535) Minnesota May 11, 2007

I will buy 32 oz. bottles, but will buy a sixer way before these annoying 32 oz. bottles. Oh, and I am a homebrewer (for whoever was really wondering how many of us would drink this beer).

More than 20 cents per ounce, and I have to finish the whole thing
    vs.
    Less than 14 cents per ounce, and I can enjoy it six different days
    Seems pretty simple to me

My favorite beer here in Minny only comes in bombers ($4.79), but I don't buy it as often as I would like. If sixers of 12oz were available it would constantly be in my fridge.

30. now that is cool!

31. It is cool! And that's the reason I'm most excited about this whole thing. Sucks is fine, but I don't understand this obsession.

My worry is that the 12 ounce Lagunitas bottles DON'T work with the standard home brew capper. I'm going to be mighty disappointed if this have the same flaw...

32. rather

rather Savant (305) California May 31, 2013

that would be an epic fail but I heard it's a new bottle made for many breweries to use so hopefully it's workable.

33. jeffthepony

jeffthepony Savant (355) Georgia Jan 24, 2009

Getting excited about this. I could probably drink a 32oz in one sitting and if not it would be good to share.

34. I'm getting married in New England on New Year's Eve. I hope that Sucks will be available so I can provide at least a case to curious drinkers by then. I don't care about format, just get it shipped guys! :)

35. LMT

LMT Savant (330) Virginia Oct 15, 2009

I'm late to commenting on this, but I guess it took me awhile to really think about how much more 32 oz is compared to a 22 oz bomber. Two 11 oz bottles of sucks? Yeah, I could drink that on a Saturday night. A 32 oz growler? Not likely.

Sad to say that unless my area gets some of the 12 oz packs (I read somewhere this will be their last year for Sucks), I probably won't be buying this. Just too much high ABV beer for one sitting.

36. Jacob007

Jacob007 Savant (435) New Hampshire Sep 18, 2012

so the website say late DEC. JAN.... Whats up with that?

37. haruspexvic

haruspexvic Savant (260) Illinois Aug 23, 2012

32 ozs of sucks, perfect amount of a perfect beer imo

Spikester and semaj like this.
  38. BeerBeast

BeerBeast Savant (440) Florida Oct 9, 2012

If you really care about your guests you will track down some Heady Topper :cool:

39. MrDave

MrDave Advocate (575) California Jan 23, 2013

Is drinking with people not an option?

40. What kind of problem do you have with the 12 oz. Lagunitas bottles? 90% of my home-brews go in those bottles and I have never had a problem. I use them because the labels peel off so easy. And i also have the standard red home brewer capper.