1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Lagunitas Sucks Brown Shugga Substitute Ale is on the way

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by otispdriftwood, Dec 12, 2012.

1. I've been drinking down my fridge inventory in breathless anticipation of Lagunitas Sucks release that I had read was going to be in December. Well, I'm down to about a case and decided to find out myself by emailing Lagunitas. They responded real quick; the response said it was being bottled in a couple of days and then shipped. I'm ready.
  2. NICE, confirmed 32 oz bottles? or is that at a later date?
    davey101 likes this.
  3. email sent...will edit when I get my response.

12 oz bottles this first batch and 32 oz bottles some time in 2013.
  4. scud

scud Savant (315) Indiana Sep 22, 2010

This news sucks
    brentusaurus likes this.
  5. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

Excellent. Now to decide if I want to get a keg...
    dsaudio likes this.
  6. 6 packs only for now. They want to do 32oz in the future. There was another thread in which someone posted an email they received from Lagunitas. I am glad. Why would you want a bigger format? Just buy a sixer and open three if you want that much.
    mdillon86 and fmccormi like this.
  7. because I would be a boss carrying around a 32 oz of this delicious beverage...no idk I just wanted to make sure I knew what to look for in a few weeks.
    BigDaveLB, Pelican5 and pschul4 like this.
  8. Thanx. The 32 oz. bottles would be great. I'd be forced to drink the whole bottle - like getting a 32 oz. growler and having to finish it all.
  9. Tasty brew, can't wait!
    harperman69 and ASUBeer like this.
  10. SeaOfShells

SeaOfShells Savant (350) California Feb 22, 2011

I would likely kill a man to get more of this sweet elixer.
  11. ChanChan

ChanChan Advocate (555) California Dec 12, 2009

Hey, leave the man alone!! The store clerk is just doing his job dude!!
    Schwantz likes this.
  12. ChanChan

ChanChan Advocate (555) California Dec 12, 2009

Nice!! Can't wait to brown bag this ma-phuka!!!
  13. dawatts

dawatts Savant (310) Massachusetts Dec 27, 2006

Thanks to both of you for all the info on a phenomenal brew.
  14. whiskey

whiskey Savant (350) California Feb 25, 2012

This x a billion.

Do we need to start an email campaign to have them keep it in sixers?

32oz bottles would suck...no pun intended.
  15. jacob4999

jacob4999 Savant (310) Michigan Dec 9, 2008

Disagree...but it does depend a bit on price. There are a lot of nights where I want to have a few beers and am a little low on cash (beer budget) and don't want to drop $10-$11 on a sixer. As long as this is priced reasonable I think it's a great idea.
  16. whiskey

Right now a bomber of Hop Stoopid is about $.25 per ounce, Brown Shugga is $.15 per ounce in a six pack. That's a big difference.

Also, at the risk of sounding like a dick, I would think if you can afford to have taste for $6 bomber, you could afford an $11 six pack...but I also realize that's just my rationale.
  17. GameFreac

GameFreac Savant (410) Georgia Apr 8, 2011

I hear it's on tap in Atlanta at the Porter but I'm guessing it's an old keg. Maybe not though.

As soon as this is out, I'm buying a case. So fucking good.
    RobertColianni likes this.
  18. Gannon81

Gannon81 Aficionado (185) Oregon Jan 5, 2012

And I thought peace in the middle east was more important. Excellent news.
    otispdriftwood and ChanChan like this.
  19. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Savant (405) New York Nov 20, 2008

20. Pretty sound rationale
  21. jacob4999

jacob4999 Savant (310) Michigan Dec 9, 2008

You must not be married..lol

Seriously though..right now we have no idea how much it is going to cost so it's pointless to speculate. But by your prices, beer must be a bit more expensive where you live. Hop Stoopid bombers are $3.99 here which is about $.20 per ounce.

Also, It's not the point of what I or someone can afford it just might be what I have to spend on beer at that particular time.

Also, another time this might come in handy is on nights when I want to not drink the same thing all night. Normally if I buy a sixer that's all I drink but if I can buy this 32oz beast and maybe a bomber of some other style that would make me happy as well.
  22. whiskey

The funny thing is, I AM married and I have to share with my craft beer loving wife! Maybe that's why a six pack is such a great deal to me, better than having to buy 2 bombers for the 2 of us!

Yeah, Hop Stoopid is about $5.50(pretty sure). Sixers of Lagunitas are $11.19
  23. cosmicevan

cosmicevan Champion (800) New York Dec 13, 2009

I. Am. Excited!
  24. Because it's wimpy to tape 12 oz. bottles to your hand while playing Edward Sucks Hands.
    kpanter, Pelican5, Vonerichs and 13 others like this.
  25. Ha, I was thinking about this topic last night when I was drinking a Brown Shugga. That's a great brew but Sucks is on another planet...one of the best hoppy beers out there, hands down!
    FatBoyGotSwagger and cosmicevan like this.
  26. :D Sweet. Thats what I call holiday cheer.
    cosmicevan likes this.
  27. they should make 40oz bottles... so i can play edward 40hands with something besides colt45
    Schwantz and RobertColianni like this.
  28. ChazMania

ChazMania Savant (255) California Jun 13, 2006

So how long before the "this years Sucks sucks compared to last years Sucks which was anything but sucky" threads?
    Schwantz, fmccormi and bushycook like this.
  29. whiskey

Sent an email to Lagunitas about the format rumors for Sucks, here's what I got:

30. ndepriest

ndepriest Savant (290) Georgia Feb 21, 2012

Had this last night (on draught, don't know if bottles are out). It's awesome. I just want to drink this and Celebration all day long.
  31. commis

commis Savant (330) Massachusetts Jul 21, 2009

G
    God I hope not... I'd hate to think that Porter would have a year-old keg of Sucks, let alone tap the fucking thing.
  32. commis

commis Savant (330) Massachusetts Jul 21, 2009

Yeah. There's a reason why they didn't consider 40oz format. Google away.
  33. Zach136

Zach136 Advocate (555) Georgia Jun 17, 2012

Trappeze Pub in Athens also has it. I was told it's was this years and it sure did taste fresh. Effin delicious stuff.
    skinsfan likes this.
  34. GameFreac

GameFreac Savant (410) Georgia Apr 8, 2011

I called and they said it's this year's. Might have to drive down there tomorrow.
  35. PHKrames

PHKrames Aficionado (215) Illinois Sep 14, 2011

I hope they do something great with the packaging this year as well. Maybe change things up a bit.
  36. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Savant (405) New York Nov 20, 2008

Nope, was a no show. Was told the release was pushed back until January.

The all you could drink bourbon county worked for me instead.
  37. TheMonkfish

TheMonkfish Initiate (0) Chad Jan 8, 2012

I am so ready to buy a case of this unseen and untasted in Jan - even if it's half the beer it was last year I'll be happy.
    Schwantz, skinsfan and Arbitrator like this.