Lagunitas Sucks in CNY??

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by kuhndog, Jan 5, 2013.

1. kuhndog

kuhndog Savant (365) New York Sep 6, 2011

Has anyone seen any Sucks in the Syracuse or central NY area? I talked to a rep from TJ Sheehan last week and he told me that it should be coming in within a few days.
    (While looking on his laptop he also saw that Hairy Eyeball was on the inventory)

2. 1Sundown2C

1Sundown2C Advocate (525) New York Jan 13, 2012 Verified

I've heard they are just waiting on label approval in the state of NY.

3. bosshop

bosshop Aficionado (230) New York Sep 13, 2012

Sucks showed in limited amounts of draft a few weeks ago (at least in Buffalo anywho). I heard (from my prefered bottle shop owner) week of 1/14 we may see more draft and six packs will finally be available.

The timing is perfect as I'll just be finishing up my annual 2 week liver cleanse....the other 50 weeks I treat that thing like a whore.

Also, being that Sucks was available here last year, why would they need label approving again? Just curious.

4. mark14580

mark14580 Initiate (0) New York Jan 15, 2011

Was (might still be) on tap at Nathaniel square in rochester this week.

5. nh2032

nh2032 Advocate (575) New York Oct 15, 2009

I don't know anything about the label approval status, but they did change the label this year to remove the
    "holiday leftovers" language from last year.

Here is the new label that was posted on BeerPulse
    [​IMG]

6. marshmeli

marshmeli Savant (485) New York Feb 14, 2012 Verified

Yeah I think bottles are delayed a bit in ny due to the label change and it getting approval.

7. kuhndog

Thanks. I hope they approve it soon or it will be out of date by the time we get it ;).

8. 1Sundown2C

1Sundown2C Advocate (525) New York Jan 13, 2012 Verified

I'm right there with you, picked it up as both the BS substitute and holiday leftovers last year and don't understand the reasoning behind it but I suppose sometimes a law is a law. Whichever lands first between this and Nugget Nectar will grab my $70/case first though!!

9. Whimpers

Whimpers Advocate (620) New York Dec 17, 2010

Anxiously awaiting this here in the Capital District...this beer blew me away last year.

10. scootsmal

scootsmal Savant (260) New York Aug 15, 2012 Subscriber

Glenville Beverage just sold out on draft. Also heard possibly EBI beverage in Saratoga might have it. It's damn good.

11. scootsmal

Lagunitas Sucks is at EBI in Saratoga. 8.99 a fill.

12. Whimpers

THANKS!!

13. Whimpers

I grabbed two, enjoying a glass now...just as good as I remember. CHEERS!!

scootsmal likes this.
  14. scootsmal

sure hope it goes year round, its good stuff

15. otispdriftwood

otispdriftwood Advocate (570) New York Dec 9, 2011 Verified

It's in Westchester County now. Picked some up this morning. I would imagine it's going to work its way up to CNY soon.

kuhndog likes this.
  16. nh2032

Hasn't made it to Sam's in Binghamton yet. They didn't sound real confident about next week either.

17. lovindahops

lovindahops Advocate (655) New York Mar 26, 2010

Finally saw some in cuse tonight. I grabbed a sixer and can't wait to crack one open!!!

ThePorterSorter likes this.
  18. Had it on tap in Saratoga yesterday. Haven't seen it in bottles yet tho.

19. Where did you find it?? I need to take a drive!!

20. Likewise where?

21. nh2032

Nothing in Ithaca today. Maybe next week.

22. kuhndog

Finally! I just bought a 6pk. at Galeville Byrne dairy. They have about 3 cases on the floor. I was worried that it wouldn't be "really fresh". But these were bottled on January 15!! (I still would have bought it even at 2 months old) Tastes as good as I remember. Cheers!

23. scootsmal

Picked up a case at Glenville Beverage. Still labeled as 'Limited Release'. If this goes year round, this is my beer of choice for sure.

24. mark14580

mark14580 Initiate (0) New York Jan 15, 2011

Well if it's in cuse it should be to Rochester soon right? Anyone around the ROC area see it?

25. Kiwi

Kiwi Aficionado (215) New York Mar 15, 2004

Saw it at Ithaca Coffee, Triphammer Road location today, @ Noon Tuesday January 29th

26. chefduff2

chefduff2 Advocate (520) Pennsylvania Feb 17, 2008 Verified

It's in Rochester today.

27. marshmeli

marshmeli Savant (485) New York Feb 14, 2012 Verified

this, heard same from a buddy

28. ColdOne

ColdOne Advocate (670) New York Jan 19, 2013 Verified

Thanks! I read this just before driving up the hill to see some friends. Perfect timing for me to snag some.

God bless you, BA!

29. GennyCreamAle

GennyCreamAle Initiate (0) New York Feb 25, 2009

I went out for lunch to find some and I was able to get one BOTTLE, my buddy got one BOTTLE, and another guy got none. I realize we can go ape shit for things, but this stuff does piss me off. The retailer got 5 cases total, three people bought entire cases. I don't care that the retailer allowed it, it's still a dick move in my book. Hope every enjoys there Sucks.

31. GennyCreamAle

Thanks, but no, Nathanials square was out completely today until they maybe get more tomorrow. The fact other places have some is not my point. I just like trying stuff and I don't have the time to run to 5 different places everyday. I'm fine with my one bottle.

32. shrek806

shrek806 Savant (375) New York Mar 1, 2010 Verified

bought 12 at brilbecks tonight

33. ColdOne

ColdOne Advocate (670) New York Jan 19, 2013 Verified

Bummer to those who missed out so quickly. Makes me glad I just grabbed one 6er. So, how long is Sucks Season, anyway?

34. WagonCircler

WagonCircler Savant (310) New York May 15, 2011

They tweeted that they will have 10 cases in tomorrow. I know its annoying but Nugget Nectar is coming out soon anyways. NN > Sucks. Plus, we always have flower power...although right now all we have is expired flower power...

35. chefduff2

chefduff2 Advocate (520) Pennsylvania Feb 17, 2008 Verified

Why not let them buy a case? It's a free market. I think it's silly people buying an entire cases of an IPA which will probably expire before they will actually drink it. More great beer will come. More Sucks, a lot more Sucks will come. Nugget Nectar will come and will come again next year. I had a three year game of missing Bourbon County Stout for whatever reason and finally landed it this year. Craft Beer is the new "in" thing so unfortunately you will have to deal with people who have too much money and will just buy out the latest and greatest. Hopefully this just means more awesome beer is around the corner in even great supplies. Cheers!

36. david23

david23 Savant (270) New York Feb 27, 2004

Still available at Hegedorm's in Webster. About 4 cases left as of Wednesday.

WagonCircler, chefduff2 and akukucka like this.
  37. GennyCreamAle

I know and like I said I'm cool with my one bottle. I just get annoyed.

38. How much?

39. TheBigEast

TheBigEast Savant (270) New York Oct 21, 2004

It's all over Rochester now - Hess, Nathaniel's did get 10 cases today, One Stop Brew, BOTW, Hegedorns etc. The price is pretty similar everywhere - from $11.95 to $13.49 or thereabouts. Cheers!

WassailWilly likes this.
  40. Sneers

Sneers Savant (445) Pennsylvania Dec 27, 2009

The Johnson City Wegmans had some as of yesterday.