1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Lagunitas Sucks IPA (on-tap) not as good as last year's?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Immortale25, Jan 11, 2013.

1. I don't know if it's because I'm more well-acquainted with Zombie Dust and Palate Wrecker now, but Sucks just doesn't have as much of a citrus kick or floral quality as I remember it having last year. It's still not bad and I'm definitely still going to buy a sixer when I see it on the shelves just to compare, but it's just not where I remember it being before. Are my standards just too high now?
  2. jaIsPoAn

jaIsPoAn Savant (365) New York Aug 1, 2012

Yea sorry tastes lovely to me and just as good as I remember
  3. jplopez21

jplopez21 Savant (470) Illinois Nov 14, 2012

I cant really compare it to the year before, but I've had 2012 Sucks and It's definitely nowhere near as hoppy as Zombie Dust. Actually it's not that Hoppy (or bitter) at all, it's a pretty well balanced IPA.
  4. I'm sorry. We won't be able to deal with your "Lagunitas Sucks isn't as good as last year's batch" thread until we finish up with the "Hopslam isn't as good" thread.
    Please try back on Monday.
    deeblo, DANABF2, Pelican5 and 13 others like this.
  5. Sorry. I forgot we are also dealing with a "Flower Power is not as good" thread as well.
    Better if you try back the end of next week.
  6. Robtobfest

Robtobfest Savant (340) Connecticut Oct 21, 2009

What the fuck is wrong with us! Holy shit this is madness.
    TongoRad and SalukiAlum like this.
  7. thepartybird

thepartybird Zealot (85) Colorado Jun 24, 2011

Can we just sticky a "every seasonal beer is probably not going to taste as good as the first time you tried it because you spent eight months or more ruminating about how awesome it was the first year you had it" topic?

Or would that be too long?
  8. EnronCFO

EnronCFO Savant (480) Massachusetts Mar 29, 2007

Geez, and I was just getting over the lack of nutmeg in Celebration this year.

Do these threads really need to happen every year about every good IPA?
  9. Apparently, yes they do.

At least we have the format for the thread down:
    1) A is not as good as last year. It is not as _____
    2) Yes it is. In fact it is even ______ier.
    3) B is better than A anyway.
    4) C is better than A and B
    AgentMunky likes this.
  10. jplopez21

jplopez21 Savant (470) Illinois Nov 14, 2012

Ok eff it. In honor of this thread I just popped open a sucks. Cheers!

[​IMG]
  11. LMAO @ all of SammyJaxxxx's posts. Yeah, it's probably the same as last year's and this is all just an example of how expectations can alter one's objectivity.
    FriarTuckInLuck and fmccormi like this.
  12. No, you're wrong, cuz I had some and that shit was on fire.
    Zach136 likes this.
  13. So are you saying its not good or are you saying it sucks?????
  14. I can only speak to the bottles which I would say are just as good if not better then last winter when I tasted this liquid ecstasy!
  15. GameFreac

GameFreac Savant (410) Georgia Apr 8, 2011

I was hoping this would not happen and it didn't. Tastes just as amazing as last year.
  16. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

Perhaps your tastes are just "too developed" because it tastes exactly the same as I remember it: delicious.