1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Lagunitas Sucks sightings in the Boston area yet?

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by geoffpm, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Would love to find some before the ice storm !!!
  2. jamvt

jamvt Savant (470) Massachusetts Aug 5, 2005

stopped into redstone today and was told that it hasn't hit ma distributors yet. it's due this week. most likely to hit retail early next week and a slim chance this friday.
  3. This would be too good to be true
  4. I would love for this to be true, but I've asked around south of Boston and they haven't had the chance to order yet.
  5. Fresh Ithaca Flower Power has become much more available in the past few weeks. That should satisfy any hopheads' wants in lieu of Sucks.
  6. Completely different hop profile, apples to oranges IMO.
  7. I love FP but everyone needs variety. I could bounce between Hoponius , FP and Sucks and be very happy.
    trenchtown4 and Stormfield like this.
  8. More like comparing a Red Delicious to a McIntosh. If you feel like an "apple", Flower Power should suffice until Sucks is distributed to Boston.
    blckout20 likes this.
  9. On tap at Union Brewhouse in weymouth.
  10. Wish they were open today. Looks like I'll have to wait until tomorrow.
  11. Still on as of right now.
  12. on Tap in Providence @ Wild Colonial
  13. jamvt

draft came mid-december, but package wasn't scheduled until last week of december.
  14. Just saw it added to Craft Beer Cellar's online inventory...
  15. I really hope this doesn't turn out to be like the Firestone XVI for me. They still "haven't figured out the allocations" on that one. God bless the South Shore.
  16. jamvt

just popped into redstone and picked up a 6pk of sucks. apparently the first shipment was only 130 cases so the distrib is limiting accounts to 2 cases to start. their expecting another 350 cases to hit the distributor later this week, possibly for a friday delivery. sucks will be available through march in 6pks with no limiits once the inventory arrives.
    Ganglani likes this.
  17. Well if its on the north shore us south shore people should see it before the Super Bowl, gives me time to finish my celebrations. Good news on the steady supply for a few months.
  18. Taking bets now; Sucks on the South Shore or pitchers and catchers report, which comes first?
    andylipp likes this.
  19. Bought a case yesterday at Julios. MArty's says weds for delivery.
    Not sure if the ibus are lower this year but still very tasty and worth the drive to julios
  20. Yeah just heard it got snapped up by early delivery days, so places that get delivery later in the week may not get it this week.
  21. jamvt

the batch that initially came in was bottled 12/17. at the very least, you'll get uber fresh product.
  22. How do you find the bottling date on Lagunitus?
  23. So I had some on tap in Union square at the independent last weekend, didnt ask how much they had though
  24. jamvt

They use Julian coding. Look for a number about an inch down the neck in black. The First 3 digits indicate the day it was bottled. The first 3 digits on my bottle were 356. This indicates it was bottled on the 356th day of 2012, which was 12/17/12.
  25. got it thanks ! My numbers are the same as yours
  26. I sure hope this beer shows up in my area this week... I was really hoping to get this beer under a month from bottling. Is that too much for a man to ask of his IPAs once in a while?
  27. jamvt

The good news is that was the only shipment MA was getting from that bottling. The Sucks that comes next will most definitely be from late December or early January. The bad news is you may have to wait until next week for it to arrive. Slim chance it will ship to accounts on Friday.
  28. You're optimistic, I'm hoping before the trade deadline.
  29. Ataraxia

Ataraxia Savant (250) Massachusetts Sep 20, 2012

Confused..pitchers and catchers = FTs and ISOs?

Anyways, half a case because it seemed to be in demand-ish but I wasn't about to spring for full cases on something I've never had before. It seems almost like an IPA; at least, it's not strong enough to be an American strong ale
    Suppose it will more sessionable than a quintet of bored jazz pros :rolleyes:
  30. Future beer anthropologists take note: above is the first post in what will undoubtedly be a long tradition of "Sucks isn't as hoppy as last year" posts. I'm honored to be witnessing history in the making.
    Boomblaze likes this.
  31. I detect more spices maybe cinnamon or all-spice :)
  32. Honestly, from what I remember from last year, it does seem a touch more tame in the bitterness department but in a very good way. Its super slammable for nearly 8% which is awesome. Then again my tastes could have changed in a year but either way its still delicious.
  33. Seriously? Not a baseball guy eh?
  34. Ataraxia

Ataraxia Savant (250) Massachusetts Sep 20, 2012

A-nope.
  35. bleakies

bleakies Savant (365) Massachusetts Apr 11, 2011

I picked some up today at Walsh's in Brighton. I don't have sufficient palate memory to recall if it's different from last year's, really, but if I had to guess I'd guess that there's a bit less of a warming alcohol aspect to it this year. Regardless, I'm totally digging it.
    Boomblaze likes this.
  36. Huzzah, apparently the South Shore distro got Sucks in the warehouse today. So for people like me, it'll be around on Thursday.
  37. Had it on tap yesterday at the Amesbury Ale House
  38. Picked up a sixer today at Pembroke Center Liquors, had about 4 cases left.
    patrickcmcd likes this.
  39. Any leads in Brighton/Newton/Watertown area, or did I miss it? Can't seem to find any.
  40. Pops in Easton had 5 cases as of last Friday.