1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Lagunitas Sucks sightings in the Boston area yet?

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by geoffpm, Dec 26, 2012.

1. from what i heard, the recent delivery of sucks allocated for greater boston, was mistakenly sent to pa. they're going to get it back and hopefully have it for late week deliveries. at least we don't have to hear the south shore contingency whine about how they get everything later than boston. ;)

2. did you call MArty's in newton. They told me it was arriving last weds

3. But Julios definitely had some

4. I was there last night and didn't see any on the shelves. I'll just keep checking, I work right down the street.

5. bleakies

bleakies Savant (415) Massachusetts Apr 11, 2011

I got some at Walsh Wines and Spirits (Washington St, Brighton Center) on Friday.

6. I walked over there last night, no such luck.

7. Yeah, Walsh's was out by Sunday afternoon, unfortunately. Still searching...

8. Just grabbed some there. Nice little shop.

9. Had it on tap at Sunset last night. Yum

10. Sorry about that, I think I grabbed the last 3 6-packs on Sunday. More should be in later this week!

11. Guys and gals: This fine brew is in stock at Gasbarro's in Seekonk. They had about 4 4-packs left after I left with a couple. Go get 'em. Bottled on January 2nd...or 3rd...can't remember...BUT IT'S FRESH!!!

12. 4-packs? o_O

Horbar likes this.
  13. Wow. Can't believe I did that. Fail. Sorry all. 6-packs!!!!!! Also, price is $10.99. Cheers.

shlauncha likes this.
  14. Blanchard's Marshfield, will go quick since Lagunitas is our highlighted brewery of the month and therefore marked down...

15. happened to be on the south shore today and stopped by luke's in rockland. they had 5 cases, 4 after i left. price break on a full case, $40.49.

16. Liquor World in Porter Sq. had some earlier this week. No idea if it's still there.

17. Is there anything left? I called on Monday and they had no idea.

18. 4+ cases worth. We got it in yesterday. Ordinarily they'll patch you through to me but I'm off on Mondays.

19. How much for a 6pk/case?

20. Back away from the beer aisle.

21. Sweet. I'll swing by tonight . Hopefully it lasts. Thanks

22. If you're willing to make the trip down to Mansfield, Wines & More has some. Just got put on the floor today - 5 cases worth to be exact.

23. Craft Beer Cellar got a mere 2 cases in this afternoon, and at 1 six-pack/person, they went pretty quickly.

24. Picked up a couple six packs. Just as good as I remember. Thanks for the tip

25. Redstone just posted that they got some more in today. Only two cases though, so it'll be gone soon, I imagine.

26. Try Whole Foods in Dedham. They also have a bunch of BCBS, FBS, FIS, and a whole shelf of other beers that would probably be impressive to someone who doesn't have tunnel vision for stouts, like I do.

27. Back on tap at UBH as of last Sunday.

28. jglowe77

jglowe77 Initiate (0) Massachusetts Jan 24, 2011

They have a ton of Sucks in the cooler at Granite Liquors in Weymouth. The coolers in the back of the store. They also have at least 12 cases of Bigfoot 2013; I was there yesterday.

29. I was at Deep Ellum on Saturday night and they had it on tap.

30. koflaherty

koflaherty Savant (255) New Jersey Nov 11, 2009

I was there yesterday too and picked up a 6 pack of Sucks. I only saw two cases back there but I don't know if there was more I didn't see. They also had a ton of the Eclipse bottles; I don't know if these are hanging out at other places too because of the price.

I went from there to Curtis because I needed some Flower Power for a trade and they had two cases of Sucks on the floor as well. I think there was a 6 pack or two of Flower Power left as well.

31. What was the BB date on the FP by chance?

32. I talked to the guy running the lagunitas kegs at the winter jubilee and he said a ton of it is coming to boston right now, so we should see a lot more

33. bleakies

bleakies Savant (415) Massachusetts Apr 11, 2011

For anyone in the neighborhood who's still looking, as of last night Walsh's had restocked the Sucks.

34. Not a huge ipa guy here but I just bought a six of sucks and really liked it (wife did too.) My question is, how long will it taste fresh? I'd buy a case now but I imagine I'd be more looking to drink it as the weather gets warmer. Should I wait?

35. koflaherty

koflaherty Savant (255) New Jersey Nov 11, 2009

It looked like it was notched for March 2013.

36. dasenebler

dasenebler Savant (490) Maine Jan 26, 2008

Drink the beer as soon as possible. The hop aroma and flavor will start to go down hill in a matter of weeks. It will probably be drinkable in a month or two, but not in its prime anymore.

37. Fresh batch or more from previous batches?

38. Since the shitty liquor store next to Shaw's in Stoughton now has Sucks on the shelf, I have to assume that this thread is now moot. (In fairness, that store is again attempting to step up their beer game.)

39. Just picked up 2 six packs from Busa's with the bottle date 005. Guy at the register said they had just gotten it, so I am hoping the next shipment will be from a fresher batch.

40. ms11781

ms11781 Savant (415) Massachusetts Jul 20, 2008

The beer was bottled 19 days ago. How fresh do you think you're gonna get it from CA?

Stormfield and Goldfishman like this.