1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Lagunitas Sucks sightings in the Boston area yet?

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by geoffpm, Dec 26, 2012.

1. I'm not saying that 19 days isn't fresh, especially from CA but, we can always hope for fresher beer. Doesn't mean we'll get it. So like I said, I hope we don't get the 005 bottles in 2 weeks or so.
  2. Bought 12 last night that were bottled on the 13th. I had a six of the 05s earlier, so they appear to be refreshing.
  3. Where did you get them 013's at?
  4. Beer store in Nashua, NH. Great place
  5. I mean, it's called "The Beer Store."
    caguiar likes this.
  6. From what I understood fresh, and I actually saw more of it at the beer store on my block (and they rarely get anything special in)
  7. Just take a bit of a trip to Baystate Food and Spirits in Brookline. $10.99/sixer and case discount offered. Btw, love Quasimoto too. Swing by and introduce yourself!
    Cheers,
    Drew
    shlauncha likes this.
  8. Oh Nice, I live not too far from there... I'll have to drop in. Sláinte
  9. Any more around?

What really "sucks" is when someone comes into a store with cases left & they buy it all :( That ain't right- bad beer karma :(
  10. Sesmu

Sesmu Savant (280) Massachusetts Feb 28, 2007

Wine Gallery in Brookline had a couple of cases left.
  11. 4 more cases delivered to Blanchard's Marshfield yesterday.
    Trumpetguy likes this.
  12. Introduce yourself when you come in man! I'll be at Baystate tonight- still have a little bit left.
    Cheers!
    Drew
  13. At Kappys in Falmouth.
  14. saw someone today at Julio's in Westboro walk up with a case. From the look on the shelves it looks like they had just filled their beer stock and had quite a bit. You might want to call first though...
  15. Granite had plenty yesterday, I would guess 10+ cases
    Trumpetguy likes this.
  16. Patrick

Patrick Initiate (0) Massachusetts Aug 13, 2007

A couple cases at Kappys Medford today.
  17. I'm out of town for the weekend. If you're working any weeknights this week let me know & I'll drop in and introduce myself... if there's any Lagunitas left, bonus!
  18. Here every night except Tuesdays and Thursdays. Stop in anytime and you'll most likely see me working.
    Cheers!
    Drew
  19. kleo

kleo Aficionado (210) Massachusetts Apr 27, 2009

Oddly, they had it at Goretti's market in Millbury, MA last time I was there. Place used to have nothing but BMC then I pass through to grab some flour and WHAM Sucks is on the shelves.
  20. Wegman's in Northborough has some in now. I picked up 2 6 packs today.
  21. Love finding this at off the beer geek radar shops - and they don't care that I buy them out. A great beer at a reasonable price.
  22. Ball Square Fine Wines in Somerville got a shipment in late last week. I am guessing they will have some left. I was last there Friday and they said they got 3-4 cases I believe.
  23. Anyone have any idea of how much longer this stuff will be around for? Every time I think its all done, it pops up on shelves again.
  24. I heard this was the last batch that stores are getting.
  25. Me too. I bought a sixer from the previous batch, which wasn't super fresh anymore, only because I thought that would be the last of it. Then just about the next day Craft Beer Cellar and Julios posted they just got some in. I definitely let out a big Homer Simpson "DOH!!"
  26. How's it hold up with a little time on it? I haven't had it older than about 3 weeks so far.
  27. Not bad at all. It's not that old...it's at about 2 months. It's just that I, like you, had been drinking these at around half that age at most and really loved its freshness. I notice the hop profile lost its note of pine that I sensed before, but the tropical juiciness is still all there...it's just rounder. And the malt is more noticeable now, so in the end it's something that reminds me of Avery Maharaja. Still delicious.
  28. Well folks, if anyone is looking for the new/last batch of Sucks (Bottled 2/6/13), look no further than Gasbarro's in Seekonk! However don't you dare look in the craft beer section. Oh no no no. You must travel over to the dark side towards the endless stacks of Anheuser-Busch garbage, and stuck in between the towering cases of Smirnoff!!! THERE, and ONLY there will you feast your eyes on the liquid gold that is...Lagunitas Sucks! Let it be yours if you accept the search!
  29. emannths

emannths Savant (390) Massachusetts Sep 21, 2007

Plenty of 037 at Liquor World last night.
  30. Just picked up some 048 right now, so I think 037 isn't the final batch!
  31. Aaron58

Aaron58 Savant (270) Massachusetts Dec 16, 2007

I just got in a few more cases at The Vin Bin in Marlboro. One of my favorites this year.
  32. Chris Gasbarro's has one or two left.
  33. Caporale's in Wakefield has about 4 cases
  34. If you go a couple towns over to RI there are a few places with it. I saw probably 6 6ers of sucks yesterday at park square liquors in north smithfield. they had bcbs there too
  35. bleakies

bleakies Savant (365) Massachusetts Apr 11, 2011

If you're in the Brighton area and still looking, several days ago Walsh Wine and Spirits (Washington St, Brighton Center) had plenty.
  36. Bermans (Lexington) and Kappys (Medford) both had several cases
  37. Any one spot the more recent batches on the south shore? I heard their were some March batches floating around the area.
  38. 061 and 065 were sent out last week. Bonus round.
  39. brikelly

brikelly Savant (405) New Hampshire Apr 11, 2010

Trader Joe's in Nashua had 3 or 4 cases last week.
  40. Hoping to find some in the Watertown area.