1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Lagunitas Sucks to be Year Round

Discussion in 'Beer News' started by NJOssie, May 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The thought of having both Troeg's Perpetual, and now Lagunitas Sucks as year round brews, is just outstanding. Two of my favorites. I've never been the kind of person that's had a "go-to" beer. I rarely even buy six packs. But not only would I buy sixers of either of those two....but I could easily rip through all six without mixing it up, and be quite fine with it.
  2. Ungertaker

Ungertaker Savant (460) Minnesota Apr 30, 2010

3. ravot

ravot Savant (460) Illinois Mar 20, 2012

how about living 5 blocks from there? i could definitely get used to this...woo!

the suckiest suck that ever sucked.
  4. mfdish

mfdish Aficionado (120) Nevada Oct 30, 2011

This is great news! I was hoping that they would release it in the summer as kind of a "Christmas in July" sort of deal, but year round is even better. One of the best brews I've ever had, in all it's pineappley rage and glory.
    terrapinfan88 likes this.
  5. nc41

nc41 Advocate (650) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

This is a great tasting brew, it takes care of that need to pay a lot of money to buy Pliny. Not that it is, but it's a great substitute if you like Grapefruit bombs.
    terrapinfan88 likes this.
  6. terrapinfan88

terrapinfan88 Savant (300) Virginia Nov 15, 2009

Called it! I've never had Brown Suga, as soon as I tried this beer I was instantly ok with that.
    beerme411 likes this.
  7. I wonder if they're hiring....?

Giggity!
  8. ravot

ravot Savant (460) Illinois Mar 20, 2012

haha, that'd be epic. only it'd be a part time thing and or minion type of work. working full time and liking it so far.
  9. nc41

nc41 Advocate (650) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

Look for 11-12 buck 4 packs.
  10. fox227

fox227 Advocate (555) California Nov 19, 2010

Sucks!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait. Imperial Red is amazing too.
    Thickfreakness and Jnorton00 like this.
  11. Why are you guessing that? Lagunitas has always done a good job keeping prices reasonable IMO. Plus, they straight up said this beer brews similar to their normal beers. I'd be surprised if it wasn't in sixers and priced similarly to before.

... Can't freaking wait for this.
  12. So when will Undercover Shutdown return? June? Does that mean it has already been brewed and will be distributed in June? Or is it going to be brewed in June? Just wondering when us east coasters can expect this late June or early July? One of my favorites from Lagunitas!! Thanks to any responses in advance!
  13. litheum94

litheum94 Initiate (0) California Dec 29, 2008

Exactly what I thought. Lagunitas is not a brewery that would sell a beer for $8.99 a sixer and then release it in a smaller pack for more money. The price will probably be insanely reasonable.
  14. beerme411

beerme411 Savant (350) California Sep 28, 2010

First off your font is a bit large and second its already on the shelves bought some yesterday
  15. afrokaze

afrokaze Advocate (620) California Jun 12, 2009

Ditto, saw it at several stores this weekend. Need to grab some.
  16. YogiBeer

YogiBeer Savant (485) Illinois May 10, 2012

Red is one of my favorite beers... I recommend it to anyone who will listen long enough for me to wax poetic about its robust hopping and fantastic balance.
  17. dawatts

dawatts Savant (310) Massachusetts Dec 27, 2006

Im also looking forward to seeing Sucks back on the shelves. I couldnt get enough of it last year. I saw this in June and got excited:

[​IMG]
  18. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

They're seriously... doing... a 32oz release.

How about a screw on cap while we're at it?
  19. i'm ok with this.

time to play the base2 version of edward fortyhands: levi 64-hands.
  20. Steeeve

Steeeve Savant (255) Pennsylvania Nov 16, 2010

Is this already a year round beer? I think I've only seen it once, on draft like 2-3 months after the original release.
  21. Lutter

Was going to initially be a one-off last year (Nov/Dec) because of capacity issues with Brown Sugga, but it was so popular that it is now going year-round.

There was a second batch after initial release called Lagunitas Holiday Leftovers in January, but it was the same recipe.
  22. Steeeve

I know all that, I'm just asking if the year round production has started yet. They announced it quite a while ago, and it usually takes 6-8 weeks to get their releases in PA so I wasn't sure what the deal is.
  23. pschul4

pschul4 Advocate (625) Illinois Jan 7, 2011

Yeah when is this going to hit shelves?
    RochesterAaron likes this.
  24. Lutter

Then, no, not yet. My mind skipped over the "already" in your question. :)
  25. Steeeve

Is this what the "mystery release" is on their website? I've been thinking all along that it wasn't because it's pictured on the "large format" side of their release calendar, but it clicked in my brain a minute ago with the 32 oz container.
  26. ChanChan

ChanChan Advocate (555) California Dec 12, 2009

Nice! Sucks reminds me of Hopslam without the honey!
  27. raynmoon

raynmoon Savant (490) California Aug 13, 2011

Can somebody tell me what that red blob is supposed to be? I miss the Santa Cookie already.
  28. Lutter

They're throwing a tomato at them... because they suck.
  29. I'm guessing it is a tomato thrown at Lagunitas, e.g. Vegetables being thrown at a terrible stage performer
  30. I thought it was blood.
    kirkse likes this.
  31. raynmoon

Hmmm, should have kept the cookie. That means the beer will SUCK now. Teehee.
  32. Lutter

Wouldn't it be strange to your average consumer to see a beer in the cooler with Santa on the label in, say, April? They'd think it was old stock.
  33. mark14580

mark14580 Initiate (0) New York Jan 15, 2011

Wouldn't it be strange for the average consumer to see a beer called "Sucks?" They'd think it sucks. :)
    Jnorton00 likes this.
  34. Lutter

Real Ale here in Texas brews a beer called "Oklahoma Suks" once a year.

Oh wait, that one is true. ;)
    kmatlack likes this.
  35. davey101

davey101 Initiate (0) Connecticut Apr 14, 2009

My dream of pounding a 40 oz (close enough) IPA is nearly here! If only I was still in college...
    pschul4 and Jnorton00 like this.
  36. raynmoon

I don't think you could put ANYTHING on a beer that would keep the average consumer from buying a year old IPA.
  37. It was out last year and sucked so bad, they're making it year round. Isn't that strange?
  38. "Share it with an amigo", eh? Only if you guys make it more plentiful than the last time! I was fortunate to get the last sixer in NJ. ;) I can handle two pints, no problemo...
  39. Hanzo

Hanzo Champion (955) Virginia Feb 27, 2012

So....when am I going to be seeing this on shelves?
    DelicateDelirium likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.